Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER - WORTH IT? - page 2. (Read 7310 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
December 29, 2013, 11:53:44 PM
cubes wont make back more than 1/2.
an antminer should make back its full price at 3.15BTC. I have the 4.75BTC and 4.25BTC antminer systems for the first auction and first groupbuy and have mined roughly 5.25BTC between them in only about a months time - they will definitely reach profitability by summer. (The 3.15BTC might make 2.75-3.5BTC in my guess)
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
December 29, 2013, 06:41:23 PM
If you dont feel like talking to anyone, why would someone help you?

Nothing wrong with PMs.

I also vote cubes, those are good starter units

+1
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!
December 29, 2013, 05:08:28 PM
Thanks for the useful references.
2.5K is quite a lot to spend for me, I just want to start mining as a hobby and I am not (yet) looking to use it to make serious money.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
December 29, 2013, 04:35:45 PM
Activity: 281
December 29, 2013, 02:14:18 PM
If you dont feel like talking to anyone, why would someone help you?

Nothing wrong with PMs.

I also vote cubes, those are good starter units
BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!
December 29, 2013, 01:59:14 PM
I'm sorry, I don't really feel like sending you a PM, as I'm new in this area and I'm not sure what is legit and what is not.
Please don't take it personally.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039
December 29, 2013, 01:24:41 PM
I live in the UK and I am eager to start bitcoin mining.
From what I've heard, block erupters are redundant, as are red/blue fury (and the cost is pretty high too, for the amount of power).

I have been considering purchasing Butterfly Labs 10GH/s and/or 4-5 Antminer US1 ASIC USB miners for use with my Raspberry Pi (plus fan and usb port).

Am I doing the right thing in purchasing these antminers? In the UK, I can get four of these for £240 asking price on ebay, possibly more if I barter considering I'm buying more than one.
However I've seen them for around £35 on here plus shipping, but I'm unsure how I would pay, and if I can trust people on these forums.

Combined, I can get around 7.2 GH/s with these machines for around the same/less cost per GH/s as Butterfly labs, which is especially enticing considering their low power draw.

So yeah, is this a good idea, how can I trust, and how do I overclock?

Thanks!!!

If you look and search in right place you can get 38Gh/s cube for arrount 1BTc. Do some research and see how much you will pay for one BTC now.
Need more info? Pm me, i will help you start your bitcoin adventure.
BUYING ANTMINER S1!!!
December 29, 2013, 01:21:28 PM
I live in the UK and I am eager to start bitcoin mining.
From what I've heard, block erupters are redundant, as are red/blue fury (and the cost is pretty high too, for the amount of power).

I have been considering purchasing Butterfly Labs 10GH/s and/or 4-5 Antminer US1 ASIC USB miners for use with my Raspberry Pi (plus fan and usb port).

Am I doing the right thing in purchasing these antminers? In the UK, I can get four of these for £240 asking price on ebay, possibly more if I barter considering I'm buying more than one.
However I've seen them for around £35 on here plus shipping, but I'm unsure how I would pay, and if I can trust people on these forums.

Combined, I can get around 7.2 GH/s with these machines for around the same/less cost per GH/s as Butterfly labs, which is especially enticing considering their low power draw.

So yeah, is this a good idea, how can I trust, and how do I overclock?

Thanks!!!
Pages:
Jump to: