Pages:
Author

Topic: Any experienced sha256 coin makers wanna make .4BTC? - page 2. (Read 1808 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
what do you think of a block reward that increases as the difficulty rises. thus continuing to pay workers for the work that they are doing at a simular rate. it would look something like this.

diff.      reward
.0-.5 = 5
.5-1  =7.5
1-1.5=10
1.5-2=12.5

at this rate the revenue would be consistant right? I fully understand that increasing block rewards can possibly devalue the coin. what do you guys think?
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Orphancoin.

I like it.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Interesting and waiting for it.
Waiting and interesting for it.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
What about a way to make the coin pool only and limit hashrate  with the pool?
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.

Is there any way to limit hashing power per ip?

i've been exploring this, and so far, the answer is no. perhaps a more experienced coder, or dare i say a real bonafide programmer could accomplish it easily, but for the rest of us its a pipe dream
Do you think more = lower value simply because as of now, the value of a coin is strictly based on exchange activity? I mean if op really has the plan/means to release a store with the coin wouldn't that affect value more? Say you can buy an item that's worth $10 for 10 coins, but the going exchange rate is only 50 cents, wouldn't there be the incentive for someone to buy the item and resell it versus trading the coin? Wouldn't this have an affect on exchange rates as well? It seems we are limiting our progress on altcoins because we are only focusing on current market conditions, which is strictly tied to how many btc you can get for your coins.

Edit: question

Is there any way to limit hashing power per ip?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
Seems like op is trying to level the playing field maybe and try to make somewhat stable payouts. The amount of coins you get now goes down as difficulty goes up, unless you increase your hashing power. I think op is looking for a way to combat that. So basically xxxx hash will always get you xxxx coins, only the value of the coins can go up or down. I have no clue how one would implement this or if it's even what op is wanting to accomplish.
Then you want to adjust the difficulty normally to keep block generate stable but adjust the block reward based on the difficulty, I think. The problem is that the rate of coin creation will increase exponentially through all time, making the coins most likely a lousy store a value.
thats exactly what im trying to work out. any other ideas?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Seems like op is trying to level the playing field maybe and try to make somewhat stable payouts. The amount of coins you get now goes down as difficulty goes up, unless you increase your hashing power. I think op is looking for a way to combat that. So basically xxxx hash will always get you xxxx coins, only the value of the coins can go up or down. I have no clue how one would implement this or if it's even what op is wanting to accomplish.
I must say that i like that concept, even if thats not what the op wants.
Activity: 616
Interesting and waiting for it.
not possible then? what about adjusting the block reward to go up as difficulty does? any better ideas? id just like to try something that would keep the payout of coins the same depending on how much computing hardware you have. and not how much you have compared to everyone else
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012
Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.
If the hash rate goes up and the difficulty goes down, the rate at which blocks are discovered goes through the roof. How will servers agree on which chain is the right chain? Imagine you have 15 chains all extending at the same time at a rate of several blocks a second -- how do you make sense of that? The vast majority of mining effort will be completely wasted because it was built on a losing chain. This design makes no sense.
im looking for someone with some experience to help me with a project that im starting. coin will have a fair launch.  cannot be premined. you will need to be able to adjust the difficulty and block reward. (I am looking to start the coin at extremely high difficulty with a high block reward, and adjust the block reward and difficulty down as the network hash rate goes up) I will be launching a full website, app, pool, and store where the coins could be used to buy merchandise at actually reasonable prices, and coins can be traded in for BTC. please pm me if interested with previous projects that you have been involved with.  
Pages:
Jump to: