Pages:
Author

Topic: Any farmers around? - page 2. (Read 1164 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 06, 2016, 01:30:01 PM
I'm sure my ancestors (asia) were farmers. In Europe now though it's a bit shit to be a farmer, you can still make a living but that's it, you're at the mercy of low prices and you can't really do anything about it.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
October 06, 2016, 12:19:31 PM
my family were farmers. back in the day you could make a real living from it. these days with supermarkets hammering prices, protectionism and globalization the only way farmers come out on top in the west is if they hung on to their land and then sell it, probably to some evil corporation. I reckon the infection of corporatism into farming is gonna bite us on the ass some day.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
October 06, 2016, 11:37:10 AM
we are seek for farm land for farming around nuts, My nephew and my dad are infected from the side of the corner after retirement.The main madur in brazil is the laborers agricultural workers. Kilosu migrosta $ 4 purple milk, wholesalers our best purple plums are 40 cents.Until that fruit is collected, medicine, fertility, worker, collection work is not as easy as you might think. Those who deal with this work leave the house at 6 o'clock in the morning and enter the house at 8 o'clock. It works under the sun.Although the sales prices of the state are quite the same as the stock market, it is urgently required that the buyer price policy be taken into consideration for those women who have recovered from the distant villages.
Activity: 580
Merit: 502
185usd/day Money making guide check my signature!
October 06, 2016, 11:17:44 AM
I'm living in the city so that i don't have much space to do farming. But i also get a little area to plant vegetable and fruits. Have 2 fruit trees and some formal vegetable now.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 06, 2016, 10:08:58 AM
I would if my yard was big enough. Only have 20 potatoe plants and 10-12 tomato plants in the greenhouse. I have bees though Smiley

What about yourself? how much land do you have?

Activity: 131
Merit: 10
October 06, 2016, 09:45:25 AM
How many of us here farm? What do you farm? Why did you go into farming?

How many of us here farm?
I'm an on and off farmer.

What do you farm?
Potatoes, Maize, Beans, herbs, Chicken, Goats, and looking to diversify further.

Why did you go into farming?
Self sufficiency, self employment. Plus it feels like an honest job.
Pages:
Jump to: