Pages:
Author

Topic: Any harm in registering airdrops with email address? - page 2. (Read 254 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Nope, the risk is the same as signing up for anything else with your email. The worst that could happen is that they send you emails.
Activity: 26
Merit: 7
There is actually no harm but it will be very annoying because you will always receive notifications coming from the airdrops you've signed in. If you don't want that to happen, create an alternative email address that is only intended for airdrop and any other bounties. In additiion, it is not recommended to fill those forms with your true credential it may be a subjective for account selling if you signed up on a wrong form or a scam project.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
I have been wondering if it's really safe giving out emails on airdrop forms. Can anyone let me know this?
Nothing will happen not unless you'll give even your password and private keys. No need to worry about but this is the annoying return of it
The only downside is they will probably send you a lot of sort of newsletters and promotions and such. And they MIGHT sell your email address to companies looking to send out some advertisements.
Be careful too there are some reports that airdrops are asking for your private keys so don't be fooled just for that cheap rewards.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
It's pretty safe. The only downside is they will probably send you a lot of sort of newsletters and promotions and such. And they MIGHT sell your email address to companies looking to send out some advertisements. You can unsubscribe to those ads, but yea they can be pretty annoying.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
MFG Token Sale - 1st of January
I have been wondering if it's really safe giving out emails on airdrop forms. Can anyone let me know this?

It shouldn't be a problem, other than of course forfeiting your personal information. The smartest thing to do would be to create an email purely to use for such things where you do not worry if you are spammed. Of course caution should always be taken when online in terms of having strong passwords that are updated regularly and are different for every account you have.
Activity: 80
Merit: 0
Pages:
Jump to: