Pages:
Author

Topic: Any hope of getting bitcoin now? (dwolla 30 day bullcrap : () - page 3. (Read 4600 times)

Activity: 37
Merit: 0
sorry phyre I thought I had 20 coins but I don't I forgot I made a big withdrawal a couple days ago.  It will be 1-2 days before I mine enough.

Once you are no longer a noob post in the currency exchange forum ("WTT $110 Dwolla for 20 BTC") I am sure somebody will do it.  Obviously w/ 8 posts you are going to have to tx first so make sure your counterparty has some reputation.

Thanks man Smiley 2 hrs and 19 minutes of time logged.
Will it be automatic when i get 4 hours?

I dont mind fronting the money as long as he has a good rep.

And just 1-2 days to mine 20 btc thats amazing! Shocked
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
sorry phyre I thought I had 20 coins but I don't I forgot I made a big withdrawal a couple days ago.  It will be 1-2 days before I mine enough.

Once you are no longer a noob post in the currency exchange forum ("WTT $110 Dwolla for 20 BTC") I am sure somebody will do it.  Obviously w/ 8 posts you are going to have to tx first so make sure your counterparty has some reputation.

I dont know what to do now, What should be my next step?

BitFloor (of NYC) accepts Dwolla USD for deposit and does not have the 30-day and other new restrictions for its Dwolla depositors.
  - http://www.BitFloor.com
Just tried it they have the 30 day restrictions Sad
Thanks for the help
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

BitFloor (of NYC) accepts Dwolla USD for deposit and does not have the 30-day and other new restrictions for its Dwolla depositors.
  - http://www.BitFloor.com

[Update: BitFloor no longer accepts Dwolla (nor allows Dwolla withdrawals)]
Ok so i need some bitcoins as some of us do, so i linked my bank account and transfered money to my dwolla account.
The money got in today and I was so excited.
But then i see that i have to wait another 30 days!
This really ticked me off, I was never told of this and i was expecting to get my bitcoins soon Sad
So what can i do now?

I see you are looking to hit up some of that SR Cheesy

This new 30 day restriction is probably because of money laundering regulations.

First it was Paxum then it is Dwolla now Huh

Whats a SR?  Wink

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Ok so i need some bitcoins as some of us do, so i linked my bank account and transfered money to my dwolla account.
This really ticked me off, I was never told of this and i was expecting to get my bitcoins soon Sad
So what can i do now?

I see you are looking to hit up some of that SR Cheesy

This new 30 day restriction is probably because of money laundering regulations.

First it was Paxum then it is Dwolla now Huh

How many coins are we talking about?
20 btc
I have 110$ usd in the dwolla account
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
How many coins are we talking about?
So what can i do now?

Do you know anyone with bitcoins already?  I'd guess not, but like anything else, the best way to aquire anything is from someone that you already know in real life and generally can trust.  What city do you live in?  Many major cities have someone from that area that you could go meet in person and buy with cash, if you really are that desperate.

I live in a small hicktown in east tennessee so buying locally is out of the question.
Plus theres the wait im gonna have to go trough to get my money BACK out of dwolla (took a week to put it in)
This is not going how i planned  Angry

Sorry for your troubles.  That's how it always is, though.  Getting the money is the hard part, spending it is always pretty easy.

Any services i can transfer the money from dwolla to then to mt gox?
Like a middleman?
legendary
Activity: 1708
So what can i do now?

Do you know anyone with bitcoins already?  I'd guess not, but like anything else, the best way to aquire anything is from someone that you already know in real life and generally can trust.  What city do you live in?  Many major cities have someone from that area that you could go meet in person and buy with cash, if you really are that desperate.

I live in a small hicktown in east tennessee so buying locally is out of the question.
Plus theres the wait im gonna have to go trough to get my money BACK out of dwolla (took a week to put it in)

Sorry for your troubles.  That's how it always is, though.  Getting the money is the hard part, spending it is always pretty easy.
So what can i do now?

legendary
Activity: 1708
So what can i do now?

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
My understanding is that the 30-day Dwolla thing is a brand new development and many other bitcoiners are pretty annoyed with Dwolla for it.
So what can i do now?
Pages:
Jump to: