Pages:
Author

Topic: Any idea about cryptopia - page 2. (Read 449 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 252
April 26, 2019, 06:19:07 AM
I was holding some good amount of token and ethereum in cryptopia still we couldn’t able to withdraw from exchange hope it will be sort out and we will get our fund back . If anybody having insight any genuine please let us know in this thread.

They applied a "haircut" to all clients having BTC=16%, ETH=100% and LTC=30%, i think the number are correct, you can check on their site. For a week or so they enabled withdraw to some of their coins, only during working hours.

Just withdraw your coins and stay away from their scam exchange, also from https://assetylene.com/ exchange, which is their re-branded version.
I dint get 100% ethereum means whichever ethereum I hold it in exchange that’s disappeared . I had around 1 ether in exchange you mean to say it’s gone . Sorry if am wrong.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 523
April 25, 2019, 09:10:37 AM
I was holding some good amount of token and ethereum in cryptopia still we couldn’t able to withdraw from exchange hope it will be sort out and we will get our fund back . If anybody having insight any genuine please let us know in this thread.
I believe they are working on it, because if they can't do that, they will automatically loss the trust of their users which they have built over time, most exchanges don't take their security very serious which has been alarming especially in this time when hackers are trying everything possible to make sure they are able to steal users coin since they can't be traced unlike when fiat is being stolen from an account, exchanges should be more concerned about security than banks, since they have committed themselves to being the one to hold users coin who can actually hold their coin themselves in a private wallet.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
April 25, 2019, 04:02:51 AM
Cryptopia was hacked like not so long time ago and unfortunately as far as I know almost all funds were stolen. They are trying to fix this issue and to find the hackers for about the last several months, but without success till now.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
April 25, 2019, 03:57:07 AM
You can already withdraw ethereum and bitcoin, because the wallet from cryptopia has recently been hacked, your funds are safe
Jpt
Activity: 374
Merit: 1
April 25, 2019, 03:54:24 AM
Do not worry your funds may not be lost. Cryptopia is considered to be the best and good exchange and it has also many reasons to believe it. Cryptopia has suffered a hack some months ago, which has been a setback for the project. But despite this, the exchange has tried to be honest and pro public by reopening it. If it had bad intention, it would not have resumed its service again. Since it has been undergoing the duo process, there might be some technical reasons.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
April 25, 2019, 03:38:54 AM
I think cryptopia still good exchanger despite hacked recently. They already operate right now and receiving limited deposit. They change to cold storage and i think its good to secure customers coin or token.
I think that Cryptopia will be very hard to regain past positions. Two hacking in a row dealt a crushing blow to the image of this exchange. Although I personally liked this exchange.
Activity: 644
COVIR.IO
April 25, 2019, 03:32:35 AM
I think cryptopia still good exchanger despite hacked recently. They already operate right now and receiving limited deposit. They change to cold storage and i think its good to secure customers coin or token.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
April 25, 2019, 03:15:37 AM
These are just my own perspective I think they are still struggling to refund the lost funds that's why we can't able to withdraw for now but fortunate for some coins withdraw is available now they allow this hack to happen maybe it will be repeated in the future so if I were you I will withdraw all my funds to be safe.

Then why did they scammed users of airdropped coins for months in winter-spring 2018, with withdrawals stuck in "processing"?
Then why did they created and launched a secondary exchange (assetylene.com) in October 2018?
How did they lost 100% of ETH, weren't they using a cold storage?
Why users must pay for their security breach? Even MtGox refunded users after the "hack".
Why not put a man to manually send clients money individually after the hack for the unaffected coins?
Why this ridiculous wait of 3.5 months to be able to withdraw money in BTC and DOGE only during working hours, without any coding needed for this?

It's a scam, get over it.

What you are saying has some good points, If that's the case I'm rekt, I'm following one altcoin and most of the volume is stuck there If it will turn scam my coin is probably going down with them. As an investor, I'm still hoping they will enable withdraw for my coin soon.
Activity: 872
Merit: 120
April 25, 2019, 02:59:21 AM
These are just my own perspective I think they are still struggling to refund the lost funds that's why we can't able to withdraw for now but fortunate for some coins withdraw is available now they allow this hack to happen maybe it will be repeated in the future so if I were you I will withdraw all my funds to be safe.

Then why did they scammed users of airdropped coins for months in winter-spring 2018, with withdrawals stuck in "processing"?
Then why did they created and launched a secondary exchange (assetylene.com) in October 2018?
How did they lost 100% of ETH, weren't they using a cold storage?
Why users must pay for their security breach? Even MtGox refunded users after the "hack".
Why not put a man to manually send clients money individually after the hack for the unaffected coins?
Why this ridiculous wait of 3.5 months to be able to withdraw money in BTC and DOGE only during working hours, without any coding needed for this?

It's a scam, get over it.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 162
April 25, 2019, 02:49:18 AM
Activity: 872
Merit: 120
April 25, 2019, 02:29:39 AM
I am curious, all these cryptopia shills are being paid for shilling or just plain stupid?
Activity: 462
Merit: 155
April 25, 2019, 01:43:40 AM
I am also the member of Cryptopia exchange and at the moment only BTC withdrawal is enable in working hours so trade your coins in BTC pair and then withdraw your fund this is the only option for the time being.
Even with Segwit, withdraw via altcoins will be much cheaper than through bitcoin, in my opinion. So, if Cryptopia actually want their customers keep using their platform, keep staying in their exchange, they should do more. Of course, they have made huge loads of works to come back, and enable withdrawals for their users, but they should do more. In next few weeks or few months, if they can not bring more convenient to their users, they might fail. Let's look at Poloniex, Bittrex, which were biggest crypto exchanges, then due to their wrong strategies, and bad supports for customers just over a several months, their first position took over by Binance, and so far they even can not get it back.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 100
April 24, 2019, 10:37:57 PM
I am also the member of Cryptopia exchange and at the moment only BTC withdrawal is enable in working hours so trade your coins in BTC pair and then withdraw your fund this is the only option for the time being.
Activity: 560
April 24, 2019, 10:33:15 PM
I also had funds in cryptopia but it was very little, they have not given more information after the hack
Activity: 462
Merit: 155
April 24, 2019, 10:30:11 PM
I don't want to offend Cryptopia, and don't want to deny all kinds of initiatives they have made so far to bring their exchange back to customers. However, there are abundant exchanges in the market, so investors and traders have lots of different choices to choose place for trading. Personally, I don't have any issue with Cryptopia, since 2017, with my withdrawals, deposits, and tradings there. I fortunately did not get troubles with them with their recent terrible hacks months ago, because I withdrawn all my BTC just a month before hacks. The Cryptopia exchange has good user interface, better than lots of other exchanges, but for security reasons, I don't have plan to keep trading on Cryptopia.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
April 24, 2019, 10:22:29 PM
This is the timeline of the events regarding Cryptopia exchange:

14th January 2019: Hackers steal millions of NZD worth of crypto and fiat from Cryptopia
15th January 2019: Cryptopia announces that it has been hacked
27th February 2019: Cryptopia gives a worst case scenario of 9.4% of funds stolen
1st March 2019: 24% of the wallets secured
4th March 2019: Read only site opened
14th March 2019: 35% of the wallets secured
4th April 2019: 50% of the wallets secured
16th April 2019: Deposits and Withdrawals enabled for BTC, LTC and DOGE.
Activity: 742
April 24, 2019, 03:16:57 PM
i think they are still on recovering and generating new wallets for the better of the exchange..i just need to withdraw my token their and will never use that exchange again
Activity: 546
April 24, 2019, 02:58:47 PM
As far as I remember, this exchange, which used to work as a whole, was very stable, but then something very terrible happened, as far as I remember, it was hacked, after that I stopped using it, because it is dangerous.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 514
April 24, 2019, 02:31:31 PM

You need to wait for them to update each and every single wallet on their exchange before they allow withdrawal of coins. As of not only BTC, LTC and DOGES are open for withdrawal while the rest are still in maintenance mode
Ucy
Activity: 2632
Merit: 403
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
April 24, 2019, 02:27:58 PM
I think they are currently trying to secure the exchange. They will likely resume full trading once the exchange is secured. You should probably follow them on twitter to get updates on their current progress/latest developments.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Cryptopia_NZ?p=s
Pages:
Jump to: