Pages:
Author

Topic: Any miner worth buying right now - page 2. (Read 1929 times)

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
April 08, 2014, 09:32:35 AM
ASICs is not very good in long term, try to get gpu rig and mine early launched coins, then sellthem when they hit the exchanges.

Mining with GPU's is even more dead.  Once Alpha-T Viper and KNC Titan Asic Scrypt Miners hit the market, it's over for those AMD R9 rigs.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
April 08, 2014, 08:34:03 AM
Just curious if there are any miners worth buying or if I would be better off just buying coin at these prices. I have 3 S1's running and was thinking of adding 3 more since they are only about $400 each. I was trying to hold out for the S2's but buy the time i could get it, i would have the S1's mining for a couple weeks. Any opinions?

THe S2s I do not see returning an ROI, neither the S1s. I personally just sold my S1 miner because the amount of btc it makes in a day is getting pretty pathetic (0.016) compared to when I started (0.032). I sold it for more than I will ever further mine on the device. I would not recommend either with the new bumps in difficulty that is going to happen due to the new 1th+ miners coming in full force now.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
April 08, 2014, 05:21:11 AM
ASICs is not very good in long term, try to get gpu rig and mine early launched coins, then sellthem when they hit the exchanges.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
..yeah
April 08, 2014, 05:14:49 AM
S1 is the best option right now - though I don't think it's a good one. Any other vendor has worse prices: S1 is 400$/180Gh = 2,22$/gh. Nobody can beat that (except fairy tales with preorder delivered in 2020).
Still with a roughly 60% difficulty increase per month it will pay for itself in November. That's 7 1/2 months, and you will only reach this if you don't need to pay electricity and btc price stays the same. Now who has free electricity? I mean free as in for free, not free as in solar power.

I'd rather not buy it. Ever since this asic game began there were only very few deals where people ROIed.. this is none of them.

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
April 08, 2014, 04:25:42 AM
just run the calculations?  keep your crystal ball ready for the exchange rate / difficulty adjustment parts of the equation.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
April 08, 2014, 03:01:14 AM
Just curious if there are any miners worth buying or if I would be better off just buying coin at these prices. I have 3 S1's running and was thinking of adding 3 more since they are only about $400 each. I was trying to hold out for the S2's but buy the time i could get it, i would have the S1's mining for a couple weeks. Any opinions?
Pages:
Jump to: