Pages:
Author

Topic: Any other ways to store value anonymously? - page 2. (Read 1838 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Note: Technically Bitcoin is pseudonymous, but in order to simplify things, I will be referring to any method of storing value that isn't linked to your ID to be "anonymous".

OK, so other than Bitcoin and altcoins, the only other anonymous ways of storing value that I can think of are cash and precious metals. Are there any others? Or is it just these three?

A bank account would be linked to your name and identity, and so would a house or business under your name. It would be impossible to discern the owner of a $100 note, a bar of gold, or a carefully managed bitcoin address and if someone had their assets confiscated for whatever reason, the government would not be able to get their hands on a well-hidden stash of cash, gold, or bitcoins.

Well there arent many, why would you need another method besides the ones cited here?
Activity: 266
Simply storing the BTC in a wallet is pretty anonymous.   It starts to be more traceable once you start transacting and sending money around, because there is a path that can be followed if someone is really trying.   If the money is just being stored...it is pretty anonymous IMO

This. If you want to be completely anonymous when making a purchase, mix your coins. There are a lot of coinmixers that barely charge anything to mix your coins for you.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Booze, coffee, long lasting food.  Food also inflates in price massively.. find stuff that last awhile.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
Simply storing the BTC in a wallet is pretty anonymous.   It starts to be more traceable once you start transacting and sending money around, because there is a path that can be followed if someone is really trying.   If the money is just being stored...it is pretty anonymous IMO
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Oil and gas  Cool

That's the best bet if you can't use cash, gold or BTC, but it'll be somewhat difficult storing it...

Holding virtual property could be a decent form of holding value, but I wouldn't guarantee that. A lot could go wrong. I know some people that make/store cash on games that you can exchange Real money to in-game money and back again through the company, but I don't know how anonymous that is...

Could be a good idea, I don't know.
Activity: 406
Note: Technically Bitcoin is pseudonymous, but in order to simplify things, I will be referring to any method of storing value that isn't linked to your ID to be "anonymous".

OK, so other than Bitcoin and altcoins, the only other anonymous ways of storing value that I can think of are cash and precious metals. Are there any others? Or is it just these three?

A bank account would be linked to your name and identity, and so would a house or business under your name. It would be impossible to discern the owner of a $100 note, a bar of gold, or a carefully managed bitcoin address and if someone had their assets confiscated for whatever reason, the government would not be able to get their hands on a well-hidden stash of cash, gold, or bitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: