Pages:
Author

Topic: Any recourse? - page 2. (Read 1368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2015, 09:26:31 AM
Someone might of just claimed to be you.  The security at banks is .. no existant for saftey deposit boxes they don't give a damn.
Activity: 354
Merit: 250
April 13, 2015, 08:16:21 AM
Um... don't they have to get a warrant for that sort of stuff and doesn't it have to be served to you? Have you contacted the safe deposit company maybe they've got some unruly employees who are going rogue or maybe they can give you some answers as to what happened. If something is broken then you definitely should be entitled to some compensation or answers from someone.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
April 12, 2015, 10:32:21 PM
I have a fairly small amount of cryptocurrency, but it is a large percentage of my total assets. I had put all of my encrypted wallets on disks and drives and put them in a safe deposit box. The last time I went to the box it was clear before I even finished opening the interior box that someone had been in it.

I never got any notice from the bank nor anyone else that some search had been conducted. I do have a minor history of saying the same things to police that they have said to me. This has resulted in a ridiculous amount of stalking behavior by police, but this with the safe deposit box is more serious.

One hard drive worth more than $100 was broken. I now have to go through the process of cleaning out the wallets and sending the balances to new ones. This will cost a lot of time and effort.

Do I have any recourse? I am in the United States and understand that provisions of new security laws allow such things, but this seems quite ridiculous. I cannot afford a lawyer. Is there any reasonable option?
Pages:
Jump to: