Pages:
Author

Topic: any. thoughts on bit solo mining pool - page 2. (Read 6279 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
June 10, 2014, 11:01:50 AM
I am hashing at bitsolo right now.  The main reason I am using them instead of just straight solo mining is because I can't get my S1's to solo mine for shit.
I have BE Cubes that work fine but the S1's have proven to be very difficult. 

I had a question when I first connected to the pool and the operator sent me a reply via email.  I cannot vouch for him but obviously I am believing that if I find a block the coins will go to my wallet.

If anyone has any other info regarding the pool or operator I would be glad to hear from you.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
June 05, 2014, 11:04:43 PM
how would you know if the bit coin server node was feeding the ants work fast enough ? All I get from cgminer is new block notifications from the network . There is ZERO way to tell if work is getting done or is stalled. even if I run the server in diagnostics mode, the output never really shows anything except new blocks being created on the network and when blocks are solved in the network …
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090
Think for yourself
I read you can't solo mine with the antminer s1 which is why I looked into this solo pool stuff
But that being said, why can't you solo mine with an Antminer?
honestly I don't remember what i read anymore other than not been being able to solo mine the s1, but feel free to share any info or instructions on solo mining thru the wallet with ant miner s1

Just put your Bitcoin-QT in server mode and point CGMiner at your localhost address TCP Port 8332.  There are instructions in the CGMiner readme.
ok ill have a boo at it see what goes down

Does the Antminer run from a PC or does it have CGMiner built in?
built in

Oh, if it's an older version that doesn't support GBT for Solo Mining that may be why it was said it can't be done.  But give it a whirl and see.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
I read you can't solo mine with the antminer s1 which is why I looked into this solo pool stuff
honestly I don't remember what i read anymore other than not been being able to solo mine the s1, but feel free to share any info or instructions on solo mining thru the wallet with ant miner s1

Just put your Bitcoin-QT in server mode and point CGMiner at your localhost address TCP Port 8332.  There are instructions in the CGMiner readme.

built in
legendary
Think for yourself

legendary

legendary
Think for yourself

legendary

I think solo pools are a great tool.

1.  They use the Stratum Protocol.

2.  They propagate blocks to the network faster than ones Bitcoin client would.

3.  They deal with virus signatures in the block chain so that you don't need to futz with your AV settings and risk opening your system to vulnerabilities.

4.  You don't need to download the block chain on your own system.  Which is real important if your using one of those Pi thingies.

legendary
Think for yourself
Yeah? I thought you could set up a stratum proxy and point it at bitcoin-qt?

Nope.  Bitcoin-Qt uses Getwork or GBT protocols, not Stratum.
Activity: 798

3.  They deal with virus signatures in the block chain so that you don't need to futz with your AV settings and risk opening your system to vulnerabilities.

4.  You don't need to download the block chain on your own system.  Which is real important if your using one of those Pi thingies.

Yeah? I thought you could set up a stratum proxy and point it at bitcoin-qt?
legendary
Think for yourself

legendary
is it just me - or is this concept sort of dumb  Huh

If you want to solo-mine = run a copy of bitcoind with SETGENERATE=true and have your hashrate mine away. 

Newbies have no idea how to use setgenerate=true.

"SETGENERATE=true" is for CPU mining with the Bitcoin client.  It no longer does anything as the client no longer CPU mines.

Also, they have to point their asics at the bitcoind. So they would have to use cgminer or bfgminer anyway.
legendary
Think for yourself

If you want to solo-mine = run a copy of bitcoind with SETGENERATE=true and have your hashrate mine away. 

"SETGENERATE=true" is for CPU mining with the Bitcoin client.  It no longer does anything as the client no longer CPU mines.
legendary
Activity: 1028
Damned . I have to learn the hard session ;-)

Glen

if you want to solo-mine = screw you pool of any kind

If you want to solo-mine = run a copy of bitcoind with SETGENERATE=true and have your hashrate mine away.  You keep the coins, YOU WIN! 

Using ANYONE or ANY service =/= solo mining.  You're begging to have your time wasted and your coins stolen, period.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
is it just me - or is this concept sort of dumb  Huh

if you want to solo-mine = screw you pool of any kind

If you want to solo-mine = run a copy of bitcoind with SETGENERATE=true and have your hashrate mine away.  You keep the coins, YOU WIN!  

Using ANYONE or ANY service =/= solo mining.  You're begging to have your time wasted and your coins stolen, period.  <<< if it is truly your intention to try your luck at solo mining that is.  Just don't be lazy and trust someone, diy the damn thing.
Hi !

i really HOPE its not Scam

Guess why ?

look at this :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bs842b73s7ovnoa/bitsolo.jpg

Bitcoinchain.info said nothing
and the Homepage of Bitsolo.net said nothing

OK, i wait 6 h

Hope its real ;-)

Greetings Glen

There is a known issue i cgminer / sgminer and other forks where it will report finding a block when actually block has not been found by you.
Search the forum and you'll see this happening with many people. It is a known issue, nothing to do with pool scam.

You can verify if you've found a block by checking if your 'Best Share' is equal or greater than current difficulty, which is not the case in your screenshot.

Correct. Update to the latest CGMiner. Also, it's blockchain.info, not bitcoinchain.info.
sgk
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
!! HODL !!
Hi !

Guess why ?

look at this :

OK, i wait 6 h

Hope its real ;-)

Greetings Glen

There is a known issue i cgminer / sgminer and other forks where it will report finding a block when actually block has not been found by you.
Search the forum and you'll see this happening with many people. It is a known issue, nothing to do with pool scam.

You can verify if you've found a block by checking if your 'Best Share' is equal or greater than current difficulty, which is not the case in your screenshot.
legendary
Activity: 1028
Hi !

Guess why ?

look at this :

OK, i wait 6 h

Hope its real ;-)