Pages:
Author

Topic: Any UK techies with FPGA know-how & interested in making a mining co? - page 2. (Read 3641 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Given that ASICminer still seems to be the only show in town in terms of quoted mining co's other than BASIC-MINING (who are struggling to get hardware) I believe there is room for some competition.

I have business expertise (I'm a successful cloud IaaS entrepreneur - see memset.com) and am fairly technical but building a GPU mining rig is about my limit. I am interested in getting into the ASIC/FPGA mining game though, and I have money. I also have spare space in a data centre with very cheap, renewable power.

I'm therefore potentially looking for someone bright and capable who could partner up with me to make a mining co where we build and own the rigs ourselves using either Avalon chips or perhaps just specifying the FPGA chips ourselves. We could perhaps exploit the fact that Avalon have open sourced some of their tech too.

I'd provide business management, some development resource (I've several developers in my employ and can get some support from them) and cash to the party. Ideally I would want someone who could commit their full time and who was willing to spend at least some time in Surrey, where I'm based. I can potentially provide a basic wage while we get going, though there would be the usual salary/equity trade off.

At this stage I am thinking of making the shares exclusively available via BTC Trading Co's exchange and we'd use an IPO there to raise additional funds for hardware purchase. In the near term we could pool our GPU mining resources to get going (assuming you had some), or but more; I should be able to re-purpose the GPU rigs after they become useless for BTC mining in Memset's GPU cloud.

Anyway, bit of a long shot since I doubt anyone is available and in the UK, but worth asking! Smiley

Kate.
Pages:
Jump to: