Pages:
Author

Topic: Any work being done on decentralized fiat exchanges? - page 3. (Read 497 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
I have been working on a decentralized fiat exchange but would like to know if any other work is being put forth toward this.

I know of bisq but that is p2p which is not what I'm looking for.

Well if it's not p2p, how else would you claim to be able to have a decentralized fiat exchange?

There's no other way to do it but to meet with individual parties wanting to exchange fiat in exchange of BTC in person, in exchange of cash. If there are banks involved, then it is no longer decentralized.

As soon as physical cash is finally banned, I wonder what will be left for people that want to buy BTC without bank transfers involved.

Something where you do a p2p exchange of fiat to a fiat pegged crypto (on something like bisq) and then trade the pegged crypto for BTC in the same way you do on an exchange (on something like Bancor).

I don't understand what the point of that intermediate step of converting your fiat into a fiat pegged crypto is for, other than avoiding price fluctuation during the process, but then again, price is frozen at time of buy so that is not an issue.

It doesn't solve the main problem: using a bank. When you use a bank, it is trackable. If you are trying to use the intermediate step for anonymity it's also pointless. In the bank it will show you sent X amount of money at Y time and they can ask for that.

There is no anonymity outside of:

-physical cash to crypto
-crypto to crypto
-doing a job in exchange of physical cash
-doing a job in exchange of crypto

if you find someone weird enough, he may pay you in metals

bank transfer to crypto will never be anonymous or decentralized.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
I have been working on a decentralized fiat exchange but would like to know if any other work is being put forth toward this.

Well if it's not p2p, how else would you claim to be able to have a decentralized fiat exchange?

There's no other way to do it but to meet with individual parties wanting to exchange fiat in exchange of BTC in person, in exchange of cash. If there are banks involved, then it is no longer decentralized.

As soon as physical cash is finally banned, I wonder what will be left for people that want to buy BTC without bank transfers involved.

Something where you do a p2p exchange of fiat to a fiat pegged crypto (on something like bisq) and then trade the pegged crypto for BTC in the same way you do on an exchange (on something like Bancor).
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas

Pages:
Jump to: