Pages:
Author

Topic: Anybody getting the 21 bitcoin computer? - page 2. (Read 2745 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
November 17, 2015, 07:39:35 PM
It's all about convenience & the API guys.

This is a dev kit. It is not addressed to regular consumers

What are you talking about?  It is the dumbest fucking product ever.  21 says: 'it is intended to give you a steady stream of bitcoins'.  WTF??  A $3 block erupter does the same thing.   Calling it a 'dev kit' does nothing to improve its utility.  That damn thing does nothing and it is fuck-all expensive. 

How can it be that the company that raised the most money has only produced this piece of shit after over 1 year?  If this is what bitcoiners think about business, we are all fucked.

What kind of genius invested $100M+ in 21?

Haha, clever comments, although Apple failed miserably with Lisa and other early versions of their first Apple computer. Unfortunately for 21, a story like Apple's is one in a million.

So what is this computer supposed to do (where am I from, the 1980s?) Seriously, can anyone just list the benefits of this particular computer?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026
November 17, 2015, 05:17:24 PM
I think this product is not aimed at the average joe,

It is however perfectly suitable for the average moron.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
November 17, 2015, 05:08:07 PM
It's looking good but the price isn't comparable, better buy PS4 Grin
By The Way, it says
includes a 128 GB SD card loaded with a full copy of the Blockchain
128GB? The Blockchain size is increasingly enlarged right?
legendary
Merit: 1027
November 17, 2015, 12:38:10 PM
I heard there starting to ship.  Anybody getting one and what are you planning on using it for?

I want to get one, but it is still very expensive at this point. not to mention that there is still very few apps that are working through it right now. I'll wait down a few months and then, after I see that many more apps have been developed to run on it and the price has lowered I'll probably send for one!
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
November 17, 2015, 12:13:06 PM
the problem is the price of this device ... you can build an atom motherboard+RAM+SSD and 12v 10A supply for less and buy an U3 after this (on the same supply).

or you can even mine altcoin with your rig already built and settled nicely with your gpu card and be good already, there is no need to waste money on something which is dedicated only to mining

with my computer i can do much more than simply mining
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
November 17, 2015, 12:07:05 PM
If 21 bitcoin computer have more features & services, $399 might be worth it.
But, this computer don't have much features, so buy cheaper computer and add few programs will be more worth than buy this computer.

No idea why would people buy this bitcoin computer, expect they really don't want to set their own bitcoin computer.
I think this product is not aimed at the average joe, this is aimed at pretty well off people that is knowledgeable on Bitcoin. The idea of spending 400 on it when you could buy 1,198 BTC for the same price and hold long term and probably retire in a decade or two seems more attractive.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
November 17, 2015, 11:20:46 AM
I like that the 21bitcoin computer could be used as a bitcoin node. But i don't like it to be used as a miner it has a very low hash and its very expensive. I'm waiting to read reviews from users that bought it before decide to buy it or not.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
November 17, 2015, 10:07:55 AM
I heard there starting to ship.  Anybody getting one and what are you planning on using it for?

What for? If you have $400 to waste go ahead! If you need this thing just to run a full node you might as well get a raspberry pi and buy another bitcoin on the side as an investment!
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks
November 17, 2015, 10:07:47 AM
If 21 bitcoin computer have more features & services, $399 might be worth it.
But, this computer don't have much features, so buy cheaper computer and add few programs will be more worth than buy this computer.

No idea why would people buy this bitcoin computer, expect they really don't want to set their own bitcoin computer.

Convenience, early API access.

People pay for Netflix although they could very well set up an XBMC box or other torrent download set up.

Don't underestimate the value of convenience  Wink https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8863
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
BTC > etc
November 17, 2015, 08:38:56 AM

What are you talking about?  It is the dumbest fucking product ever.  21 says: 'it is intended to give you a steady stream of bitcoins'.  WTF??  A $3 block erupter does the same thing.   Calling it a 'dev kit' does nothing to improve its utility.  That damn thing does nothing and it is fuck-all expensive.  

How can it be that the company that raised the most money has only produced this piece of shit after over 1 year?  If this is what bitcoiners think about business, we are all fucked.

Also having a hard time seeing real usage cases that would justify the high price tag
will be interesting to see what creative ways people will be able to use this which cannot be replicated with cheaper set-ups.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
November 17, 2015, 07:39:57 AM
I think it is quite expensive  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
November 17, 2015, 07:32:05 AM
Just ordered one from http://21BitcoinComputer.co to see what all the fuss is about.

Is this like the time you were a neo-Nazi? Just testing the waters a bit are you?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The Visonary Behind VIRAL - Adam Guerbuez
November 17, 2015, 07:26:50 AM
Just ordered one from http://21BitcoinComputer.co to see what all the fuss is about.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
November 17, 2015, 06:25:25 AM
The price is the one thing that really puts me off on this one.

Come on, they mist be making 3x on the hardware at least.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
English <-> Portuguese translations
November 17, 2015, 06:22:38 AM

If it's a dev kit...
Then why not just buy an Raspberry PI 2 or an Arduino?
They are cheap, awesome and has community support.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
The trouble is you think you have time.
November 17, 2015, 05:45:24 AM
I've read about it, too expensive in my opinion

I can spend my money more wisely rather than spending it on this 21 bitcoin computer
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
November 17, 2015, 05:38:29 AM
the problem is the price of this device ... you can build an atom motherboard+RAM+SSD and 12v 10A supply for less and buy an U3 after this (on the same supply).

My point exactly. Developers know this and I do not see the reason why anyone would opt for 21.
November 16, 2015, 09:23:41 PM

What are you talking about?  It is the dumbest fucking product ever.  21 says: 'it is intended to give you a steady stream of bitcoins'.  WTF??  A $3 block erupter does the same thing.   Calling it a 'dev kit' does nothing to improve its utility.  That damn thing does nothing and it is fuck-all expensive. 

you need to take a breather and get laid. seriously.

legendary
Merit: 1026
November 16, 2015, 09:08:47 PM

November 16, 2015, 08:37:49 PM

Pages:
Jump to: