Pages:
Author

Topic: Anybody here uses Shift or Xapo debit card? - page 5. (Read 8132 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
December 14, 2014, 05:30:55 PM
I've been looking into Xapo. I don't think the fees are that bad, but I don't think they ship to the U.S. I would probably barely even use it, anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
December 14, 2014, 03:59:03 PM
Xapo definitely needs to work on their PR game because not many in the ecosystem these days likely have a positive image of them. They got a lot of VC money and have seemingly not used it to make themselves occupy any significant useful space to corner the market like the likes of Coinbase or BitPay. I wonder how the vault side of their business is doing..

Agree. As far as I remember it all went downhill when they promised (or led people to believe) that there will be no fees and later introduced the fee structure that is far worse than most cc.

They should start repairing the PR by getting rid off the monthly service fees. Most will use Xapo as a back-up DC to be used once in a while, so being charged monthly, even if you didn't use it at all, will be seen as a massive rip-off.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
December 14, 2014, 02:43:36 PM
Xapo definitely needs to work on their PR game because not many in the ecosystem these days likely have a positive image of them. They got a lot of VC money and have seemingly not used it to make themselves occupy any significant useful space to corner the market like the likes of Coinbase or BitPay. I wonder how the vault side of their business is doing..
legendary
December 14, 2014, 01:49:02 PM

Thanks for the info P... Xapo fees do not look pretty at the moment but will probably come down in time with the wider adoption and increased competition. By the way, if there is any other crypto DC you are using do share your experience if possible. 

I don't use any bitcoin DC, I rather spend my bitcoins with the merchants that accept it.

There was a point when I considered getting Xapo (out of the pure curiosity), but the fee structure and the fact that the fees were higher than initially promised, put me off for now.
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
December 14, 2014, 09:26:37 AM

Thanks for the info P... Xapo fees do not look pretty at the moment but will probably come down in time with the wider adoption and increased competition. By the way, if there is any other crypto DC you are using do share your experience if possible. 
legendary
Activity: 605
Merit: 500
December 14, 2014, 08:48:46 AM
I understand Xapo had somewhat a rough start and Shift is still in Beta. But is there anybody actually uses one of these cards? What are the fees, ease of use, limitations? Found old article on Shift and I can not think of any better way to mass adoption than this, except may be some upcoming universal wallets from BFL (Yes, I know, sorry) and CryptoLabs.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/08/12/shift-is-developing-a-debit-card-that-lets-you-spend-digital-currency-loyalty-points-and-regular-money/
Pages:
Jump to: