Pages:
Author

Topic: Anybody know what happens when Bitcoin hits 21M circulating supply? - page 5. (Read 647 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
inflation will take care of that, most likely the price of bitcoin will be a lot higher than now
the miners will then depend solely on fees from mined transaction to support (calculate profit) their mining operations
you can read more about "finite bitcoin supply" topic on this wiki page
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply#What_happens_when_all_the_bitcoins_are_mined.3F
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
Hi guys! So, yeah, as you must know already, all crypto has a finite supply meaning its not going to be mineable forever I guess, but what actually happens when bitcoin hits 21 million max besides it not being mineable anymore? Does this increase the value quicker? Let me know if you know, i dont know the answer and would love to hear what you have to say

It will still be POW but miners will only receive the fees involved instead of coins additionally. In theory if nothing changes demand ways then the price should increase because there's less downward pressure on the price by miners selling their coins. Of course we'll all be dead by then anyway.
Activity: 69
Merit: 2
Hi guys! So, yeah, as you must know already, all crypto has a finite supply meaning its not going to be mineable forever I guess, but what actually happens when bitcoin hits 21 million max besides it not being mineable anymore? Does this increase the value quicker? Let me know if you know, i dont know the answer and would love to hear what you have to say
Pages:
Jump to: