Pages:
Author

Topic: Anybody notice the 100btc transaction fee on 27th April? - page 2. (Read 1719 times)

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Its really great of bitman to work out with the guy...

In the Bitcoin community - it is easy to find lots of scamming assholes.  BitMain is not one of them.  BitMain has always been 100% awesome.  Especially in mining.  Nearly every mining manufacturer turned out to be a royal scam - only BitMain consistently delivers precisely what/when they say they will.  

BitMain rocks!
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481
Damn! that is harsh and very very big issue .
It's nice to see that the fee will be returned but that really scares the shit out of me .
I will not touch the custom fee adding function ever
Same here. Its really great of bitman to work out with the guy to get most of his money back, even though it was not their error. See we have some good people left in bitcoin!
A very nice silver lining story. Cheesy

At first I supposed that instead of 100mbtc they wrongly insert 100btc...
anyway, good they recovered those funds
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Now when we witness this issue I think I could be a huge problem. Therefore I thought that there should be an option to limit custom transaction fee in every wallet options to prevent such huge losses.
Transaction fee should be limited to 1 BTC max imo. Larger fees should be only possible when you tinker with advanced options and enable it yourself.
But I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to add more than minimum as a  fee.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
It's nice to see that the fee will be returned but that really scares the shit out of me .
Same here. Its really great of bitman to work out with the guy to get most of his money back, even though it was not their error. See we have some good people left in bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007
Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I was looking at the stats and noticed that the transaction fee was at 100btc even though the number of transaction on that day was just a slight increase compared to the day before. It wasn't the highest though but I believe it has been quite some time though since we last seen that during the Mt Gox era

Just wondering what might have caused that because the first thing that comes to my mind was somebody accidentally or wrongly inserted the decimal point when adjusting the sending fees when performing transaction.

Pages:
Jump to: