Pages:
Author

Topic: Anybody received money from MtGox lately? - page 2. (Read 3178 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007
1davout
Good luck with the new exchange !

Thank you! It's not exactly new though, it's been operating since 2010 with the notable exception of the couple last months :-)
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
Interesting, if they switch to a corporate account then many laws protecting "consumer" accounts don't apply. Also with a corporate account with most banks they can do alot more with the funds, for good and bad.

They don't "switch" to corporate accounts. They never really had proper segregated accounts in the first place.
There is exactly one bitcoin exchange that has segregated user accounts (to be perfectly fair it does not appear to be necessary in the US where an MSB license, or a partnership with a registered MSB is sufficient).

Good luck with the new exchange !
legendary
1davout
Interesting, if they switch to a corporate account then many laws protecting "consumer" accounts don't apply. Also with a corporate account with most banks they can do alot more with the funds, for good and bad.

They don't "switch" to corporate accounts. They never really had proper segregated accounts in the first place.
There is exactly one bitcoin exchange that has segregated user accounts (to be perfectly fair it does not appear to be necessary in the US where an MSB license, or a partnership with a registered MSB is sufficient).
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
legendary
1davout
If they dont have the money, it can only mean that they have been spending client's funds. That is illegal, also in Japan I suppose. Have you considered any legal steps?

Holding client funds on corporate bank accounts is already and in itself illegal.
But it's not like this hasn't been repeated over and over before.
Activity: 770
Merit: 504
Is it really just the two of us that are being scammed by MtGox? I believed I would have a lot of responses here. People are deadly interested in Bitcoin here, but don't seem to care much about the coins are becoming useless with MtGox latest measures.
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
no i dont consider any legal steps for now, international court cases are not nice.with the rest of the money i just bought butcoin and withdrew them
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
maybe that is whats driving the price right now, beforehand knowlege of the big gox bust of 2013

personaly i have no money with them anymore and use bitfinex and bitstamp
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Been waiting since 6/12 for my withdrawals.  It's very scary to think I may never get my money!
i have 40000 euro in limbo for over 12 weeks already. they are bankrupt

If they dont have the money, it can only mean that they have been spending client's funds. That is illegal, also in Japan I suppose. Have you considered any legal steps?
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
i have 40000 euro in limbo for over 12 weeks already. they are bankrupt
I have been waiting since june 16th for my withdrawal (>10kUSD)
They say that they have resumed payments, but I've seen no money.
Are they paying out anything at all??
Pages:
Jump to: