Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone buying Ether ? - page 2. (Read 10290 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2014, 04:30:15 AM
Feeling good now that I haven't invested in Ethereum. Wouldn't have been able to see my money locked up in a project which has been cloned by a first mover competitor with a high network effect.

Can only imagine what it feels like for the Ethereum investors to see Counterparty go up.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin
November 12, 2014, 03:01:18 AM
So how's Ether going now ?
din't heard any good new news on it :/

Its up next year. these things don't happen overnight. I haven't invested in it, but may look into it after release if the economics look good.

For all those following all these, how does NXT look? I picked a few, but haven't looked to see if they have interesting projects lined up.
IMHO, NXT is a bad idea. Distribution-wise (a topic beaten to death) bad, usability-wise bad, it seems to be running on the fuel from one dev - jl777 who keeps promising tech to support it.
legendary
Activity: 1358
November 11, 2014, 12:51:00 PM

Its up next year. these things don't happen overnight. I haven't invested in it, but may look into it after release if the economics look good.

For all those following all these, how does NXT look? I picked a few, but haven't looked to see if they have interesting projects lined up.

Yes, they had clearly mentioned in the initial sale that you won't be able to use ether until the next year.
That didn't seem to affect demand, though.
legendary
November 11, 2014, 03:21:24 AM

Activity: 938
Merit: 501
November 10, 2014, 10:56:21 AM
Check for updates in the Alt section...
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1222
Just looking for peace
November 10, 2014, 09:06:51 AM
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
November 08, 2014, 12:38:17 AM
Any recent updates from the Ethereum guys on whether they are on target?
legendary
October 04, 2014, 09:52:25 PM
Selling of bitcoins raised by ethereum was given as one of the reasons for the price dip over the last month.  Grin

Have they really sold it or just stated that they'll ?

This is supposed to be their wallet.
https://blockchain.info/address/36PrZ1KHYMpqSyAQXSG8VwbUiq2EogxLo2

31.5k already in. They are making a killing.

Will be funny to see all those investors struggling to break ROI.

Looking at the way bitcoin is going, they might need to sell a lot to fund their initial operations.
legendary
October 03, 2014, 10:07:32 AM
Selling of bitcoins raised by ethereum was given as one of the reasons for the price dip over the last month.  Grin

31.5k already in. They are making a killing.

Will be funny to see all those investors struggling to break ROI.
legendary
September 02, 2014, 09:06:07 PM

legendary
September 01, 2014, 06:03:28 AM

Probably selling a bit along the way, to hedge it.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
August 31, 2014, 11:21:38 AM

legendary
August 31, 2014, 07:53:50 AM
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
August 30, 2014, 11:34:48 PM
Never heard about ether.
legendary
August 26, 2014, 06:32:21 AM
I heard Ethereum guys have announced to dump their BTC collection resulting in a price drop. Any idea regarding this ?

Don't think the price drop was due to that, though it might have spooked a few. BTC needs a fresh impetus to maintain the prices with new coins coming in each day. The challenge from the 2.0 coins might hurt it as big money is flowing in them.

I dont think any of the alts pose any threat to BTC.

For now it doesn't. But unless BTC evolves there is a good chance it will be overtaken by one of these new PoS coins which also have extra features.
Innovate or die.

In either way, PoS is not the future. Value of an economy cant sustain relying on some random stakeholder, called early adopter.

Its the same thing with PoW. You spend money mining in PoW, you spend money buying in PoS. I don't see the difference, both rewards early adopters.
legendary
August 25, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
I heard Ethereum guys have announced to dump their BTC collection resulting in a price drop. Any idea regarding this ?

Don't think the price drop was due to that, though it might have spooked a few. BTC needs a fresh impetus to maintain the prices with new coins coming in each day. The challenge from the 2.0 coins might hurt it as big money is flowing in them.

For now it doesn't. But unless BTC evolves there is a good chance it will be overtaken by one of these new PoS coins which also have extra features.
Innovate or die.

In either way, PoS is not the future. Value of an economy cant sustain relying on some random stakeholder, called early adopter.
legendary
August 25, 2014, 04:02:14 AM

Innovate or die.
legendary
August 15, 2014, 09:25:30 AM

legendary
August 15, 2014, 05:45:47 AM

Pages:
Jump to: