Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone else using the BTC credit card by xapo ? - page 3. (Read 6247 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
Hi Everyone - my name is Ted Rogers and I am Chief Strategy Officer at Xapo.

I just want to offer a few clarifications on the Xapo debit card.

First, it is a true debit card, not a prepaid card.  You can get prepaid card from other bitcoin companies, as mentioned on this thread but they are pre-load cards -- you need to sell your bitcoin and load the cards before you can spend.

The Xapo card is linked directly to your Xapo wallet and the bitcoin in your wallet are debited automatically when you spend.  I suggest checking to see whether this is the case when considering other cards.

Second, the card is accepted anywhere Visa is accepted and also works at ATMs.  It also works online.  To the extent transactions are declined at ATMs or online: if it happens it tends to be for reasons specific to the account, the ATM or the store.  If it happens and we can help you with it, we will.  Access our support here http://support.xapo.com/

Third, if you have questions about Xapo, our funding, our backers or our team, you can find out more on our site https://xapo.com/about/.

Fourth, regarding fees: Xapo does not charge a monthly maintenance fee to our card holders.  Therefore, when you compare the total fees paid for using the Xapo debit card, we believe we are competitive with other debit cards.  There are certainly others that are cheaper, as well as others that are more expensive.

Finally, since issuing a card involves multiple parties, we don't fully control the timing of card issuance.  We are working very hard every day to get cards to everyone that wants one.

We sincerely appreciate peoples' interest in the debit card and in Xapo!

Thanks very much,
Ted

Thanks for your answers. You help! Glad to learn that Xapo is accepted just like a Visa is though I find it surprising, unless Xapo has an agreement with Visa. I know I have a standard Visa, and a Visa Plus which is much less useful...

Regarding the monthly fess which are listed but not charged, logic would command to unlist them.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

First, it is a true debit card, not a prepaid card.  You can get prepaid card from other bitcoin companies, as mentioned on this thread but they are pre-load cards -- you need to sell your bitcoin and load the cards before you can spend.

The Xapo card is linked directly to your Xapo wallet and the bitcoin in your wallet are debited automatically when you spend.  I suggest checking to see whether this is the case when considering other cards.

Second, the card is accepted anywhere Visa is accepted and also works at ATMs.  It also works online.  To the extent transactions are declined at ATMs or online: if it happens it tends to be for reasons specific to the account, the ATM or the store.  If it happens and we can help you with it, we will.  Access our support here http://support.xapo.com/

Third, if you have questions about Xapo, our funding, our backers or our team, you can find out more on our site https://xapo.com/about/.

Fourth, regarding fees: Xapo does not charge a monthly maintenance fee to our card holders.  Therefore, when you compare the total fees paid for using the Xapo debit card, we believe we are competitive with other debit cards.  There are certainly others that are cheaper, as well as others that are more expensive.

Finally, since issuing a card involves multiple parties, we don't fully control the timing of card issuance.  We are working very hard every day to get cards to everyone that wants one.

Thanks very much,
Ted

Do you guys have any plans in the future to release a Bitcoin Credit Card and can you say how soon will the Bitcoin Debit Card be available for US customers?

At this point, we don't have plans to issue a credit card but if there is a lot of demand and it is a good thing for our users maybe that is something for the future.  Regarding the US:  I can't predict the timing but I can say we are extremely focused on getting the partnerships required to make the card available for US customers.
Thanks!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Respect All Fear None
I am currently waiting for a card and will post a review here when I get one.
Respect All Fear None

Thanks very much,
Ted

Thanks for taking the time to inform us on some of the questions we all had here.

For those of you who were wondering about the fees this is the response I got form them regarding the fees

To clarify, our fee structure is provided in fiat as we need to legally display this to our users. This is something that was given to us by Visa and is a fixed rate per action you take. Since the price of bitcoin tends to fluctuate we wouldnt be able to provide this information in BTC in a way that would be accurate in real-time. Unfortunately in many cases the existing financial rails and card networks shy away from bitcoin. Therefore, we need to make our card seem like any other debit card for the start of the program until we can prove that the product works, has volume, does not lead to too much fraud, etc... However, any time you use your card we will take the current price of bitcoin and convert it on the spot for you. This will be displayed on your app as a push notification or on your transaction history.
Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Thanks very much,
Ted

Do you guys have any plans in the future to release a Bitcoin Credit Card and can you say how soon will the Bitcoin Debit Card be available for US customers?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Thanks very much,
Ted

Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
I just signed up for the Xapo credit card and was wondering if anyone else is using it and how the find it works. I believe the rate is 3% on every 100 you spend in order to use it but I think it will help bitcoin to be more widely used.

If you are interested in getting a credit card to use with your bitcoin wallet this is the place http://xapo.com/r/K84P3VE

Is it something like Payoneer ? you can order it and get it to your home ?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
How could I use it,

Haven't received it yet.
Activity: 504

I know this is from September 30th, but this article made it so I wouldn't really feel comfortable advertising for Xapo: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-company-xapo-facing-mounting-customer-complaints/

Thanks for this info, I wasn't aware they've had several issues already.

It's quite common to see negative comments regarding the banking sector on this board, but at least, they're professionals. BTC is still new, but we shall expect companies offering services around it to have the same level of competence we take for granted at a bank. I know it's not easy, but if they can't provide, well, they should do something else.

They give off the impression to me, that they are a small company, scrambling around trying to fulfill orders that they had no way to fulfill. It feels to me like they're trying to fix one hole in the boat, while others are popping up. I don't mean that they're sinking, but that it's a crew fit for a dingy, and they're trying to operate a cruiseliner.

That's only the impression I get from reading stories and threads like these. And yet, people are out there using the card, so something is working. They also pulled together a deal with a credit card company to get these cards made at all, that's an impressive feat. But I just hesitate to use their company personally, and I can see another company doing the same thing and better some day, then Xapo will be a thing of the past.

And because I believe that Xapo may fall to a bigger competitor some day, I hesitate to put my little funds into a wallet that has such a high minimum to take anything out.

Here's a reddit post: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2chgq2/xapo_charges_060_to_send_bitcoin_last_withdrawal/ from 3 months ago, a fee of .001BTC to withdraw. And yet people are using this service for faucet payments? It boggles my mind.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy

I know this is from September 30th, but this article made it so I wouldn't really feel comfortable advertising for Xapo: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-company-xapo-facing-mounting-customer-complaints/

Thanks for this info, I wasn't aware they've had several issues already.

It's quite common to see negative comments regarding the banking sector on this board, but at least, they're professionals. BTC is still new, but we shall expect companies offering services around it to have the same level of competence we take for granted at a bank. I know it's not easy, but if they can't provide, well, they should do something else.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
just one question, why it's fee so high!  Cheesy
that will be mostly credit card company (visa, mastercard...) fees.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 527
just one question, why it's fee so high!  Cheesy
I am reading there fees are deducted in BTC they are just shown in fiat currency. Also I noticed it shows a monthly fee but then states is will not take this from your balance they cover it.

This is what i do not like and I am finding more about

My account says that I have pre-ordered my card. Does that mean my card is on its way?

If you pre-order the card it does not mean your card is being shipped immediately. When you pre-order the Xapo Debit Card, you will be added to our invite list and these invites will be sent in the order they were received.

Yeah, for a supposedly professional company, it's not really that professional to just say, you'll get it when you get it, versus letting paying customers know an estimated time of arrival.

I have said that to support and I am still awaiting a reply. I was able to withdraw all the money I sent to them so I was happy about that.

That's good at least.
Respect All Fear None
I am reading there fees are deducted in BTC they are just shown in fiat currency. Also I noticed it shows a monthly fee but then states is will not take this from your balance they cover it.

My account says that I have pre-ordered my card. Does that mean my card is on its way?

If you pre-order the card it does not mean your card is being shipped immediately. When you pre-order the Xapo Debit Card, you will be added to our invite list and these invites will be sent in the order they were received.

Yeah, for a supposedly professional company, it's not really that professional to just say, you'll get it when you get it, versus letting paying customers know an estimated time of arrival.

I have said that to support and I am still awaiting a reply. I was able to withdraw all the money I sent to them so I was happy about that.

Respect All Fear None
I sent 0.14 BTC to the wallet about 8 hours ago before reading to much into it. I could be waiting for ever to get the debit card now I am reading when you order the card it is not being sent out it just puts you on the list for when there sending them out.

Ouch. I see people advertising Xapo, especially faucet websites, but everything I've ever read makes me wary, like the stuff below:

Xapo looks definitely unprofessional to me.

To the question, Where can I use my Xapo Debit Card? Their reply is:
Your Xapo Debit Card can be used at any merchant that accepts the card network listed on your card.
(from http://help.xapo.com/83749-Can-I-use-the-card-anywhere---in-any-country )

To the very best of my knowledge, Visa and Mastercard are accepted everywhere but the Xapo card isn't accepted anywhere. No shops and no ATMs.

Then, there are fees.
http://help.xapo.com/95219-What-fees-are-associated-with-the-Xapo-Debit-Card

You must pay to get the card, you must pay every month to keep it, and you must pay to withdraw money. Are those guys serious? They have a lot to learn if they have any intention to compete with the banking sector.

I'm also surprised that all their fees are in fiat currencies. Shouldn't they be in BTC?

Yeah, I remember reading about all those fees, and I think there's a really high minimum to withdraw funds (even though faucet sites suggest using Xapo, it's not really built for faucet micro-payments).

I am chatting with there support now I will let everyone know if there able to answer any questions.

Good luck.

I sent 0.14 BTC to the wallet about 8 hours ago before reading to much into it. I could be waiting for ever to get the debit card now I am reading when you order the card it is not being sent out it just puts you on the list for when there sending them out.

Ouch. I see people advertising Xapo, especially faucet websites, but everything I've ever read makes me wary, like the stuff below:

Xapo looks definitely unprofessional to me.

To the question, Where can I use my Xapo Debit Card? Their reply is:
Your Xapo Debit Card can be used at any merchant that accepts the card network listed on your card.
(from http://help.xapo.com/83749-Can-I-use-the-card-anywhere---in-any-country )

To the very best of my knowledge, Visa and Mastercard are accepted everywhere but the Xapo card isn't accepted anywhere. No shops and no ATMs.

Then, there are fees.
http://help.xapo.com/95219-What-fees-are-associated-with-the-Xapo-Debit-Card

You must pay to get the card, you must pay every month to keep it, and you must pay to withdraw money. Are those guys serious? They have a lot to learn if they have any intention to compete with the banking sector.

I'm also surprised that all their fees are in fiat currencies. Shouldn't they be in BTC?

Yeah, I remember reading about all those fees, and I think there's a really high minimum to withdraw funds (even though faucet sites suggest using Xapo, it's not really built for faucet micro-payments).

I am chatting with there support now I will let everyone know if there able to answer any questions.

Good luck.
Respect All Fear None
Respect All Fear None

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
Are you honestly asking for feedback or just looking for a opportunity to post your referral link?
This is the link you should be posting: https://xapo.com

I am honestly looking for feedback if you would have took the time to look back at my previous posts and topics I am not one to post referrals. In fact I believe this is my first for BCT.

Why should I post that If I am the one referring them that is what my link is for . Try being a dick head some where else I am not one of them guys.

Can you please explain to me the difference. I am getting it in hopes to be able to take a trip on bitcoin example using it to pay for rental car hotel ect ?

As explained, since it's a Debit card instead of a Credit card, you may have to have enough of a balance on it to cover the extra fees car rentals and hotels charge for not using a Credit card. They usually charge more for Debit cards for the deposit, (to cover any damage should there be any) and then give you back the money if the room and/or car are still in good condition.

ANXBTC is offering a bitcoin debit card with limits unto 200,000 USD
Pages:
Jump to: