Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone interested in a 500Gh/s BFL mini rig - page 2. (Read 2511 times)

donator
Activity: 686
Merit: 519
It's for the children!
It was actually sold outside of this forum.

Did the buyer tell you how much he paid?

That is a very dumb question...

[...]

Could you give us a range?  Like USD 0-5000, 5K-10K,  or BTC 0-5,5-10,10-15 etc

I don't think he will, he said it's undisclosed.

Lol.  I would just like a bit of a clue as to what these are going for.  I'm sure others would like to have an idea as well.  Disclosing an estimated range is not disclosure of a price paid.

Specifically when the buyer is undisclosed.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500

That is a very dumb question...

[...]

I don't think he will, he said it's undisclosed.
donator
It's for the children!

Course! He paid me!

Just making sure it was disclosed to you!

Activity: 348
Merit: 251

Course! He paid me!
donator
It's for the children!

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
It is so unfortunate when people don't speak up when they buy something. Theres no way to verify if a trade actually occured then, which would reinforce if the seller was legit or if they were a scammer.

I'm sure that after the transaction is complete and the buyer has received the item both the buyer and seller will leave feedback for each other. If he just sold it the buyer probably hasn't received it yet, so it's too soon to see feedback. I don't see anything in this thread that would indicate any sort of scam.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004
It is so unfortunate when people don't speak up when they buy something. Theres no way to verify if a trade actually occured then, which would reinforce if the seller was legit or if they were a scammer.
Just for the record this was sold for an undisclosed sum. Thank you for your interest.
donator
It's for the children!
Can I ask how you determined the value?

Standard formula.

30% diff jumps, 90 days total mining, $0 electric, 0% pool fee.   (bitcoinwisdom.com calculator)

I've never made a significant gain or lost money buying hardware with this formula.  (Lots of small gains add up)
I really do want a mini-rig?

What's this thread about anyways?

The thread is about establishing value I suppose - someone has offered me more than is on this thread. I'm not sure if I'm breaking the rules here?

Could you share with the group?

My estimate was 5.167BTC for the value, I would be very interested to know the going rate on these.

Can I ask how you determined the value?
donator
It's for the children!

The thread is about establishing value I suppose - someone has offered me more than is on this thread. I'm not sure if I'm breaking the rules here?

Could you share with the group?

My estimate was 5.167BTC for the value, I would be very interested to know the going rate on these.
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
i bid 4.5 incl shipment to the Netherlands.

donator
It's for the children!

Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Thanks to the moderators judgement; that guys posts have been removed with a warning issued on derailing posts. I was happy to have a debate with him until he just went on a silly and insulting route on his posts. I hope it's ok with the moderator for posting this update but I have a few users subscribed to this thread.

I tried to influence the moderator as little as possible to get a third party neutral view - I thought for a while that the conversation may be good for this sale thread but obviously not.

Thanks you moderator and I hope I didn't say anything out of whack, so to speak, myself Smiley

Debate about what? You are denying that there are better alternatives out there? You havent even named a price. Why dont you do that, since thats a basic principle of doing business.
Thanks to the moderators judgement; that guys posts have been removed with a warning issued on derailing posts. I was happy to have a debate with him until he just went on a silly and insulting route on his posts. I hope it's ok with the moderator for posting this update but I have a few users subscribed to this thread.

I tried to influence the moderator as little as possible to get a third party neutral view - I thought for a while that the conversation may be good for this sale thread but obviously not.

Thanks you moderator and I hope I didn't say anything out of whack, so to speak, myself Smiley
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
These are useful for mining alt coins FYI.
Go away and stop being such an idiot  Roll Eyes

No thats cool, Im making sure the noobs know what is going on. I dont like to see people taken advantage of... Grin

Sounds like your afraid of getting taken of advantage of tbh - just because your getting your "neptunes"....there are 1200 of them sold on the first batch and another 1200 nearly sold on the second....Your mining power is going to be still pittance in relation to the size of the network. Maybe you should have started mining in 2011 with gpu's and you would have 1k coins by now (like me Tongue) noob. That was when the network was 12TH/s and I had about 8GH/s bringing in a lot of coins over a long period....How does it feel like to get bragging slapped right back into your face?

VIP staus pffff - Maybe I have 20 Neptunes ordered as far as you know and maybe I have 80 antminers hosted in China already - how do you know? You can bragg all you want but someone else is always going to have more mining power than you.

Now, somebody is being given an opportunity to buy a steady income for a long time given that this hardware has lost it's value quite a bit....Put yourself in there situation and then try and find out what they might be hoping for. I think you really did want to buy it with your puny offer initially, and got annoyed when I said "Nice try". Value is based on what people are willing to pay for it and in the case of this product whether it will give them a profit based on predictions about the future of mining (of which there are only opinions, not facts) - not some figure you pulled out of nowhere.

You need to take into account what the machine can do for you and if you think it's worthwhile - I have made my argument for someone else to buy it and part of my argument says that below a certain value I'm better off leaving it running - that's where value comes into it and whether it's worth selling or not. I just want to put the money towards a litecoin ASIC (the first being developed at the moment for release in 2014), without digging into my "euro" pockets.

This is a serious forum, for talking about problems, economics and buying and selling expensive equipment - nobody is going to take you seriously if you bragg about being a VIP (VIP sounds like a stupid marketing term they use to basically describe a repeat customer discount - sounds like you fell for it - most would probably see right through it). Normally those that do bragg about such things as I'm a VIP are full of s*hit and don't actually have any such order at all.

Now I have no doubt you will be running back with your invoice with blanked out personal details - go for it....
Tell me about your current setup also and we will do an analysis of it and compare it to my sale for profitability. You may have the most expensive hardware but in terms of cost vs. return, your return percentage could be lower  Grin

Also, you said initially that your Neptune would use the same power as mine. Then when I answered back to that you said "of course it would it's a more powerful machine" Do you realize what you did wrong there?

Go away and stop being such an idiot  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: