Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone noticed? BTCJam has 0 Loan Request for More than a Month - page 2. (Read 1518 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 263
Yeah..I wanted invest some bitcoins on BTCJam but nobody needs it anymore  Cry
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
@ Others,
Let's hope for the good, yes bitcointalk has amazing culture to ask for a collateral before filing the loan and I wish these sites should do something too.

I am an active investor at BTCJAM.com since a year or so and recently I found that there are no new listings on their website and it's been more than a month and the situation is same.

There was a large volume of loan defaulters on this site and I guess that they are purifying the system and will introduce something new after the expiry date of currently active loans.

What do you think?

I joined BTCjam last year and there were only 11 listings at that time.
Scammers are a problem,but i think that maybe nobody wants to request loans because of the bitcoin price increase.If somebody gets a 1btc loan and the bitcoins price goes from $1040 to $1500 after one week,he can`t pay his debt.

I don't think that there is any problem of this kind because Btcjam has system that ties the loan amount to USD and other fiat currencies so at the end of the loan tenure, the borrower pays the amount which is liable to him in fiat (irrespective of bitcoin price).
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
I am an active investor at BTCJAM.com since a year or so and recently I found that there are no new listings on their website and it's been more than a month and the situation is same.

There was a large volume of loan defaulters on this site and I guess that they are purifying the system and will introduce something new after the expiry date of currently active loans.

What do you think?

I joined BTCjam last year and there were only 11 listings at that time.
Scammers are a problem,but i think that maybe nobody wants to request loans because of the bitcoin price increase.If somebody gets a 1btc loan and the bitcoins price goes from $1040 to $1500 after one week,he can`t pay his debt.
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
BTCJam is doomed anyway.
All of the lending service are about to die or already lost their charm. As an investor nobody likes to invest in some risky loan request. Even if they ask for id verification in many cases borrower will use fake id to verify their account so when they run away with the loan money there is no way to get it back.

And if the defaulter gives his real identity, what happens? Nothing!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
BTCJam is doomed anyway.
All of the lending service are about to die or already lost their charm. As an investor nobody likes to invest in some risky loan request. Even if they ask for id verification in many cases borrower will use fake id to verify their account so when they run away with the loan money there is no way to get it back.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
It is really hard situation for any p2p lending service.

If you try to regulate it and ask for full info, detailed ID and more documents to verify your customers, they will go away.

But if you will keep current level of control, scammers will take advantage of the system. BTCJam is doomed anyway.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
If they did because of the loan defaulters then they finally did something good. I personally find this great because there is absolutely no way to assure that someone is not going to default a loan , BTCJam and other platforms only require ID verification , proof of income and online accounts which can easily be faked.
If someone want to lend , I suggest working at Bitcointalk as chances that you get scammed are much lower who you are lending to and you ask for a collateral In case things goes wrong.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

What do you think?

PS : 26th May 2017

BTCJam is closing their business and we can withdraw our funds till July 1, 2018.

Pages:
Jump to: