Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone noticed the parity between exchanges? - page 2. (Read 2131 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
 $127 on btc-e right now  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
Bitstamp is now available on Bitfinex. So the arb ops are getting smaller there.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
This is good. I have been using the easy deposit at MtGox to move my BTC over to other exchanges. The closer they are in price the better.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Yeah I've noticed that too. Wonder how long it will last.

There is also something to consider about BTC-e
Most guys there aren't really that interested in trading BTC, mostly alts. But only LTC can be traded for USD so in order to participate in other altcoin rallies it is necessary to have BTC. Since there is a new coin on the table (FTC) that is what my guess is. Arbitrage has been very difficult do do in the past but there can be another arbitrage method I am unaware of.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
People starting noticing it and taking up on arbitrage opportunities. Especially BTC-E <-> Mt.Gox.
Activity: 188
Merit: 102
For the longest time, there's always been large deviations in price between most exchanges, especially BTC-e, sometimes being up to 15% lower than Gox or Bitfloor (now defunct).  Now for the last few days, the bids and asks between the 5 major exchanges have leveled out to the point that they rarely get outside of 1% of each other.  Interesting?
Pages:
Jump to: