Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy? - page 13. (Read 29811 times)

Activity: 479
Merit: 253
March 15, 2017, 11:51:56 AM

The boards on the giants have a USB compatible header on each.  I've controlled multiple cards with one controller, no problem.  It's not a generic USB cable however.  You would have to make or purchase, but once you have the cable you can connect them to a USB hub and then to the controller.

What are the "multiple cards" you reffered to?

Sounds like a much simpler system to set up. What would i google to find and buy those non-generic usb cables?
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
March 15, 2017, 11:41:14 AM

You can setup each controller as a single worker. The controller can have multiple of the 150MHs cubes or a single 900.
The quad, for example is 1 controller with 4 cubes compared to 4 single cubes each with its own controller.
There will be 1 ethernet port for each controller, so by combining cubes together with the white cable you can have multiples of 150MHs behind each controller.
I think the max number of cubes behind a single controller is 6.
Personally, I have combinations of 2, 3 and 4 cubes behind my controllers. In my case, I have a 24 port switch, so it dosent matter to me, but if are limited in ethernet ports you may want to run with more cubes under a controller to maximize hashrate per controller.
Switches are cheap though. Just bought a HP 48 port managed switch for work for $70.
As for PSU, any 12V PSU should work. I started off with small linear bricks, then switched to an Seasonic. Made my own PCIe-to-Barrel plugs, works great.

The miners are stand-alone rigs, dont need a PC to run them, just to configure via web page.

Thank you. That has cleared up alot of the parts that were "blurry" as to how it all worked, in my mind Smiley

Is there a maximum hash rate per controller?...hmm...what would be the optimum/maximum amout of Giants to run off of one controller do ya think?
I don't have any giants, so I don't know how many you could put together under a single controller. I imagine that Baikal could answer that question.
I think I heard earlier that 6 was the max for the Mini's to be put under a single orange pi.
As for PSU, you can hook as many rigs to your PSU as it will handle for wattage... No limits there except total power available.

The boards on the giants have a USB compatible header on each.  I've controlled multiple cards with one controller, no problem.  It's not a generic USB cable however.  You would have to make or purchase, but once you have the cable you can connect them to a USB hub and then to the controller.
March 15, 2017, 11:16:33 AM
Would anyone consider doing a group buy if the minimum we could get the price down to was $2350? (Maybe lower if our man bittawm can pull some "rabbits out of the hat" for us Wink  ).

I might have an idea that could put some minds at half ease at least...
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
March 15, 2017, 11:15:53 AM
waiting for another groupbuy is killing me  Grin
(means i'm interested, too)
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
March 15, 2017, 10:24:33 AM
Baikal.   If you read this, please at least state there will be another group buy

Or someone find out. The suspense is killing us 🎱 🚑
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
March 15, 2017, 10:14:23 AM

You can setup each controller as a single worker. The controller can have multiple of the 150MHs cubes or a single 900.
The quad, for example is 1 controller with 4 cubes compared to 4 single cubes each with its own controller.
There will be 1 ethernet port for each controller, so by combining cubes together with the white cable you can have multiples of 150MHs behind each controller.
Personally, I have combinations of 2, 3 and 4 cubes behind my controllers. In my case, I have a 24 port switch, so it dosent matter to me, but if are limited in ethernet ports you may want to run with more cubes under a controller to maximize hashrate per controller.
Switches are cheap though. Just bought a HP 48 port managed switch for work for $70.
As for PSU, any 12V PSU should work. I started off with small linear bricks, then switched to an Seasonic. Made my own PCIe-to-Barrel plugs, works great.

The miners are stand-alone rigs, dont need a PC to run them, just to configure via web page.

Thank you. That has cleared up alot of the parts that were "blurry" as to how it all worked, in my mind Smiley

Is there a maximum hash rate per controller?...hmm...what would be the optimum/maximum amout of Giants to run off of one controller do ya think?
I don't have any giants, so I don't know how many you could put together under a single controller. I imagine that Baikal could answer that question.
I think I heard earlier that 6 was the max for the Mini's to be put under a single orange pi.
As for PSU, you can hook as many rigs to your PSU as it will handle for wattage... No limits there except total power available.
March 15, 2017, 09:55:31 AM
It seems like the Sellers prefer to be paid in crypto-currency. Ive never turned "fiat" cash in to "cc" before.

I imagine there will be fees as well no doubt.

I have a visa debit card.

Do yous know of any recommended sites to buy btc with visa quick n easy?
March 15, 2017, 09:46:10 AM

March 15, 2017, 09:14:12 AM

I have my giants in a daisy chain. 3x 2 hooked up to 850 g3 evga psu and last 4 on a 1k evga psu. Only need 3 ethernet connections on my whole operation. As you can see in the photos i have 3 web pages controlling them. 2x at 2.7 Gigahashes and the other at 3.6 Gigahashes.

I could run them all standalone but its alot easier this way.

Mining Dash x11 or Nicehash multipool mining the ones in a 3 daisy chain use about 660 watt according to my wattometers. And the 4 units in Daisy chain use about 870 watt.

Cool!

Im trying to understand how to read the user interface in one of your pics...

So, does "2 devices" = 1 Giant?

*edit*

Oh wow my question was answered before i finished my post. Nice one guys ^^
Activity: 31
March 15, 2017, 09:11:24 AM

I have my giants in a daisy chain. 3x 2 hooked up to 850 g3 evga psu and last 4 on a 1k evga psu. Only need 3 ethernet connections on my whole operation. As you can see in the photos i have 3 web pages controlling them. 2x at 2.7 Gigahashes and the other at 3.6 Gigahashes.

Mining Dash x11 or Nicehash multipool mining the ones in a 3 daisy chain use about 660 watt according to my wattometers. And the 4 units in Daisy chain use about 870 watt.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2njvapz&s=9#.WMksqPIWZSB
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n6s0t4&s=9#.WMks1PIWZSB

Why on the last screen 460MHs per gigant only? If I`m understand correctly they shell do 900MHs. Am i right?

I Giant has 2 boards... The Last screen is a picture of 4 units in a daisy chain. 8 Boards total.

That's right! Smiley My fault.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
March 15, 2017, 09:06:40 AM

Yea i think i meant "combine" or join the miners.

So are you able to create as many "workers" as u like in multiple pools, and distribute the 900MHs amongst them as u please? Or something different...

Im only a week old in cryptocurrency land. Trying to put it all together ahead of time asap ^^"

So sounds like ill need to get a power supply. (Is it just a regular pc psu , with a couple pins that need shorting?)

Is there anything else , thats so obvious to the experienced user that no one mentions it, that i might be missing that ill need?

Oh, how about ur pc specs? Is there a minimum amount of processor speed, ram etc thats required to run the miners?

Why on the last screen 460MHs per gigant only? If I`m understand correctly they shell do 900MHs. Am i right?

I Giant has 2 boards... The Last screen is a picture of 4 units in a daisy chain. 8 Boards total.
March 15, 2017, 08:50:05 AM

So are you able to create as many "workers" as u like in multiple pools, and distribute the 900MHs amongst them as u please? Or something different...

Im only a week old in cryptocurrency land. Trying to put it all together ahead of time asap ^^"

So sounds like ill need to get a power supply. (Is it just a regular pc psu , with a couple pins that need shorting?)

Is there anything else , thats so obvious to the experienced user that no one mentions it, that i might be missing that ill need?

Oh, how about ur pc specs? Is there a minimum amount of processor speed, ram etc thats required to run the miners?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2njvapz&s=9#.WMksqPIWZSB
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=n6s0t4&s=9#.WMks1PIWZSB

Activity: 2
March 15, 2017, 08:39:49 AM
Hi.

Did somebody from Ukraine participate in the group purchase?
What about delivery?

Andriy
As I understood, delivery will be made by Baikal company via DHL and costs about 76$
I'm also from Ukraine. I couldn't take part in the last "group buy" but hope to take part in the next one  Smiley
Activity: 62
March 15, 2017, 08:05:22 AM

legendary
Activity: 1109
March 15, 2017, 07:52:13 AM

Activity: 112
March 15, 2017, 06:43:28 AM
I HAVE ONE MINI AVAILABLE FOR 400USD SHIPPED LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE IS KEEN

I would buy but have to keep costs down I mine to be able to live so more I pay the less I eat/ pay for medications/ support my family(totally sucks being severely physically disabled).

I will just wait till they have more.

I don`t think they where truthful on not taking DASH if they are now sold out and them taking BTC after all I only wanted a total to send could have been DASH/BTC/USD/Gold what ever, after all it takes no time at all to change are beloved currency's.

On another note for reference to others.

Shipped to Ontario Canada was fast (about 5/6 days with weekend). DHL cost me $20 at the door, UPS cost me nothing at the door, Both instances package came fully intact (unless you count the warranty sticker that looks like it rubbed apart in the package from vibration in transit).

Can`t Wait on another buy Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
March 15, 2017, 04:49:31 AM

Yes, you need a power supply (PSU). It's a regular PC PSU. Just make sure you have about 300W per miner if they are Giants. If they are Mini's, then it's not a PC PSU. Also make sure that you have 2x 6/8 pins cables per miner.

The only other thing you need is an ethernet cable.

You don't need a PC. Those are only needed for GPU mining.
March 15, 2017, 04:31:21 AM
Hi.

Did somebody from Ukraine participate in the group purchase?
What about delivery?

Andriy
Activity: 786
March 15, 2017, 02:44:52 AM
Anyone ever get this error: 111 CONNECTION REFUSED ?
If so, how did you fix it?
March 15, 2017, 01:51:58 AM
Can you clarify what you mean by "paralleling them up"?
Are you talking about using the same worker name for multiple rigs, or are you talking about hooking multiple 150MHs miners together to make a single larger miner under a single controller?

I don't like overloading the worker names, because having them separate allows me more flexability to move my hashrate between pools and coins. If I had 9GHs, I could very easily saturate a stratum server if the pool is running on virtual/cloud architecture or just plain junky hardware. I could also easily get orphans that way which is a waste.

If you are talking physical connecting multiple miners under a single controller, there is a more-or-less optimal number of HW miners any given controller can handle without being overworked and possibly running less than optimal. That said, I do like the Quad miners, as it reduces my ethernet port overhead and the number of "rigs" I have to manage, although there is some advanced software capable of handling that, it usually costs money.

I have nothing against the Giant, but you only get 50% more hashrate for almost twice the price. The main benefit is the lower electric cost. My personal opinion is that matters more if you pay a lot for electric, but not as much if your electric rate is low. Since mine is fairly low, the electric savings are goign to have a hard time making up the extra costs. I would rather get 1.5 Quads than a single Giant, but that's my opinion, not a "fact".

Pages:
Jump to: