Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone want to do a Baikal Groupbuy? - page 3. (Read 29810 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
April 10, 2017, 10:45:07 AM
Anyone pay yet. They say on my invoice 15 plus dash. Miner was 800 said free shipping. If that stands
at 950 usd at that dash figure. I'm out if that is the case.

Yeah, mine was 17 plus dash...

Dunno about baikal right now...seems a little fishy to me.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
April 10, 2017, 10:40:17 AM
paid and waiting for shipping.. just need info for the 6Pin Power Supply.. does we just use the same 6Pin to power up GPU? or something special?
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
April 10, 2017, 10:39:26 AM
Dang they don't seem to be available now. I was trying to get 2 asap but had no idea they were going to be available in the middle of the night! I'm also down for a group buy when that is available
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
April 10, 2017, 10:36:34 AM
Anyone pay yet. They say on my invoice 15 plus dash. Miner was 800 said free shipping. If that stands
at 950 usd at that dash figure. I'm out if that is the case.
Activity: 170
April 10, 2017, 10:32:37 AM
Hi guys.. so got pre ordered one. pay for 0.71btc.. so now.. what it use for the supply.. look like 6pin so just a normal PSU can be used? or no? pls help.. need to prepare for it arrival..haha
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
April 10, 2017, 10:24:44 AM
Right, my bad for trying to protect people from being taken advantage of. Or from being mis-informed.

You are clearly all for that kind of shitty behavior.

Problem?

You've pretty much guaranteed my continued involvement in this now pointless thread by implying my lack of interest.

Also...go google the definition of "conversation".

Hilarious.  Have a better day, bub.
April 10, 2017, 09:33:42 AM
If such a thing is indeed going on then please point me to the host...otherwise I'll have to presume(I know right?) that you're imagining things.

Okay man, move along.  You don't want to be here and you're not contributing to this conversation.  I'm sorry your buddy didn't do his homework before he bought his giants, but I assume he's a grown-ass man that can make his own decisions.

Right, my bad for trying to protect people from being taken advantage of. Or from being mis-informed.

You are clearly all for that kind of shitty behavior.

Problem?

You've pretty much guaranteed my continued involvement in this now pointless thread by implying my lack of interest.

Also...go google the definition of "conversation".
April 10, 2017, 09:28:32 AM
If such a thing is indeed going on then please point me to the host...otherwise I'll have to presume(I know right?) that you're imagining things.

Okay man, move along.  You don't want to be here and you're not contributing to this conversation.  I'm sorry your buddy didn't do his homework before he bought his giants, but I assume he's a grown-ass man that can make his own decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
April 10, 2017, 09:26:48 AM
You mind pointing out what benefits a group buy to an effectively sold out product would be?

Raising awareness is not the same as hosting a group buy...neither is chasing bandwagon wheel ruts.

Group buys imply that one individual purchases multiple miners, acts as intermediary/escrow and ships the miners out to the interested parties. It also implies a discount...on shipping if nothing else.

I see none of those things happening here.

The previous group buy enabled individuals to pay the vendor directly and receive the product from the vendor directly, without having to go through any middle man.
The previous group buy benefited me specifically by obtaining an approx 10% discount, which effectively covered the shipping costs to my house.
Since the "new" group buy is being managed under this thread and the details have not yet been announced, I cannot say that the same benefits will be in effect.
However, since the "new" group buy is for an active/live product being currently shipped, im interested in hearing what the specific details are if/when they are announced.
Unless I hear otherwise from the individual working on the group by arrangements, I don't see any reason to doubt that something is being worked on at this time.
April 10, 2017, 09:14:38 AM
You mind pointing out what benefits a group buy to an effectively sold out product would be?

Raising awareness is not the same as hosting a group buy...neither is chasing bandwagon wheel ruts.

Group buys imply that one individual purchases multiple miners, acts as intermediary/escrow and ships the miners out to the interested parties. It also implies a discount...on shipping if nothing else.

I see none of those things happening here.

legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
April 10, 2017, 09:03:15 AM
With BTC at $1200 (BTC-e approx $1199, Coinbase approx $1216, Bitfinex approx $1224) the miner should cost 0.65 BTC, yet I have been hearing of prices upwards of 0.8 BTC mentioned.
Is the difference all shipping or are they using some other BTC price point???

Any word on what the group-buy pricing/discount is?
Last time, it was 10%, or enough to cover shipping costs.

Do you even pay attention? This group buy was for a miner that has already shipped and is no longer in stock...

There's no group buy and no discount for the cube.

This thread should be locked.

I think you are the one not paying attention. There is a new group buy being organized under this thread.
If you check previous posts you will see that it is currently being organized, and refers to the new 300MHs miner,  not the old product.
April 10, 2017, 08:30:31 AM
What are you talking about? I'm referring to bittawm

sigh.

bittawm aint shit...and I doubt he's going to be able to negotiate even a penny off your cost.

No need to be a dick about it, man.

Um...he was a dick when he charged my associate 5k ea for 3 giants. Literally at the same time as hosting a group buy for discount giants...

I understand a slight markup, but that's just taking advantage of people. Screw him.

Informing the public is being a dick eh?
April 10, 2017, 08:22:29 AM

sigh.

bittawm aint shit...and I doubt he's going to be able to negotiate even a penny off your cost.

No need to be a dick about it, man.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
April 10, 2017, 08:06:16 AM
I just tried to order at least one but it says "inventory is not enough". Sold out already maybe.
April 10, 2017, 08:01:01 AM

sigh.

legendary
Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001
April 10, 2017, 07:49:05 AM
Can people buy the cube now? Are they shipping? Or should we wait for a group buy?

Yes, you should wait 3 weeks for the group buy. Spread the word.

It's not known at this point if a group buy will happen again.  There is far more demand for these machines now so if you want one it would be best to order whatever quantity they allow direct from baikal.

I personally am waiting to see if an ugraded GIANT comes out.
Activity: 207
NoizChain
April 10, 2017, 07:39:02 AM
Can people buy the cube now? Are they shipping? Or should we wait for a group buy?

April 10, 2017, 07:27:36 AM

Activity: 207
NoizChain
April 10, 2017, 07:24:37 AM
April 10, 2017, 06:56:38 AM
With BTC at $1200 (BTC-e approx $1199, Coinbase approx $1216, Bitfinex approx $1224) the miner should cost 0.65 BTC, yet I have been hearing of prices upwards of 0.8 BTC mentioned.
Is the difference all shipping or are they using some other BTC price point???

Any word on what the group-buy pricing/discount is?
Last time, it was 10%, or enough to cover shipping costs.

Do you even pay attention? This group buy was for a miner that has already shipped and is no longer in stock...

There's no group buy and no discount for the cube.

This thread should be locked.
Pages:
Jump to: