Pages:
Author

Topic: Apple Founder Reminds the Impact of Bitcoin and other crypto. - page 2. (Read 260 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 0
Was he talking about bitcoin bubble? Then i would say that wasn't bubble, it was just the nature of bitcoin by which the price rise really high
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Bitcoin is in fact, very going in with full of impact. Bitcoin is the greatest cryptocurrency and I can't see any reasons why or how folks that are multimillionaire, billionaire, can't see the greatness of bitcoin. I can't help it but how is it possible, people are questioning this era? This era is great, a lot of business venture has exploded, cashless payment is here. What else what they wanted?
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
The parallels between the dotcom bubble and the ICO bubble are very strong. Both involved companies attempting to do something with a technology nobody had a clue what to do with. Then they proved it by collapsing. I don't know if the ICO thing is anywhere near properly dying, but it will.

I'll be amazed if more than 5% of anything ICO related ever delivers anything with an actual value or use. That may not stop them trading long after their death though. Ripple has managed to string out its promises for 15 years now.

I agree - the ICOs and altcoins in general have achieved insane violations. This in many ways resembles the tech bubble, where companies went to IPOs with nothing more than an idea. The problem I have is that people extend this comparison to Bitcoin as well, forgetting that Bitcoin is the first decentralized currency, with a vibrant community backing it.

This is exactly right. There is an ICO bubble, definitely. But the general public seems to conflate this ICO bubble with Bitcoin and the other useful cryptocurrencies. This is obviously ridiculous. ICO's have in a sense made the crypto market seem like a giant joke. They always have these coins that have ridiculous names, silly photoshopped images of the "founders" and dev team of the ICO, and ICO's always seem to fail and cost investors loads of money. They are essentially get rich quick schemes for whoever launches the ICO.

The ICO bubble will certainly be popping really soon. People will soon realize that these ICO's produce nothing useful and are basically worthless. Once the ICO market dies, it will be much better for the main cryptocurrencies. All that extra money can move into the coins that are actually important.

The moral of this story is, don't conflate Bitcoin with ICO's. It's like comparing name brand products to crappy off-brand products.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
The problem I have is that people extend this comparison to Bitcoin as well, forgetting that Bitcoin is the first decentralized currency, with a vibrant community backing it.

Yes. I often ponder this too.

There's a lot of dumb money out there and it probably won't differentiate. It's up to smarter money to make Bitcoin's position of standing outside that emptiness clear.

I guess the primary difference is that Bitcoin promises you nothing other than continuing to be Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
The parallels between the dotcom bubble and the ICO bubble are very strong. Both involved companies attempting to do something with a technology nobody had a clue what to do with. Then they proved it by collapsing. I don't know if the ICO thing is anywhere near properly dying, but it will.

I'll be amazed if more than 5% of anything ICO related ever delivers anything with an actual value or use. That may not stop them trading long after their death though. Ripple has managed to string out its promises for 15 years now.

I agree - the ICOs and altcoins in general have achieved insane violations. This in many ways resembles the tech bubble, where companies went to IPOs with nothing more than an idea. The problem I have is that people extend this comparison to Bitcoin as well, forgetting that Bitcoin is the first decentralized currency, with a vibrant community backing it.
Activity: 294
yes that's right some people are still not supporting the cryptocurrency market, they feel it's not a trustworthy source to invest ,here many irrelavent products are available so that the market exchanges increase but those use it they know how systemetic and well manage business it is, we should not pass any statement until we don't have to proper knowledge about that subject but in case of cryptocurrency no one follow it
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Steve Wozniak may be one of the supporters of the existence of Bitcoin. However, it has the opposite view of blockchain.

According to one of the founders of Apple, the trend surrounding the blockchain is similar to what he saw in the dotcom era, a time when many companies went out of business quickly.

"It had bubbles and I felt the same way with blockchain," Wozniak said while speaking at a NEX technology conference in New York.

Yeah, I would also like to see the link or the source of the news.

For me Steve W. is somewhat on the middle. Although he claimed that he had been scam by someone when he trade his bitcoin thru paypal, but he keeps a quiet and distance himself from crypto discussions.

I don't know where he's coming from in terms of blockchain though, its the technology that empowered bitcoin and other crypto, how will it bubble them similar to dotcom? Blockchain will remain Blockchain in my opinion, as opposed to dotcom companies wherein nothing is reinvented, it was a boom that everyone took advantage off but with no concrete output was even made.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
Steve Wozniak may be one of the supporters of the existence of Bitcoin. However, it has the opposite view of blockchain.

According to one of the founders of Apple, the trend surrounding the blockchain is similar to what he saw in the dotcom era, a time when many companies went out of business quickly.

"It had bubbles and I felt the same way with blockchain," Wozniak said while speaking at a NEX technology conference in New York.

If you see the bitcoin price and technology. You will be find the marketplace value with the bitcoin acceptance soon because of the impact given by the  various people but you will also should support the marketplace growth by your investment capacity mate. I do not know how many people putting their investment on it.
Activity: 336
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak gave his personal opinion that Bitcoin will once be the world's only intermediate medium. Bitcoin will be one of the key areas of investment, if Bitcoin can maintain its fluctuation.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611

it seems like he is pointing to the altcoins and their big bubbles and how they are going to end badly. like anything else whenever there is a hype surrounding something (bitcoin in this case) everyone else wants in but some people get the feeling of being late so they look at the alternatives but the alternatives being bad in nature means they go in bubbles and their burst will be drastic.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
OP will do well if they supplied the forum a link to the source of the news they have posted here. That is the right way things are done in here. Otherwise, we assume they are posting irrelevant material just to increase post count.
Activity: 40
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: