Pages:
Author

Topic: Apple vs. Bitcoin - war is over? - page 2. (Read 2324 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
April 06, 2014, 06:40:36 PM
Is it a civil or non-civil war - hard to say for sure...

But yes I agree - company owns the store, and they are able to change rules whatever they want ...

It's people/customers to decide - to they want to use it or not Smiley

Me - NEVER again any iOS Smiley never! Smiley

Or maybe when iPhone will have a hologram vision - maybe then I will buy to see how does it works Smiley
Anyway... oculusRift for Android is so close to release ... Tongue

Activity: 172
Merit: 10
April 06, 2014, 06:38:29 PM
I welcome companies to develop apps which challeges App Store's policy. If more and more companies try, Apple will have to reconsider their stance on the policy, let it be Bitcoin or other areas. If there is public support of these apps to a point that banning will hurt their iPhone sales, they will have to do something about it.

regards to bitcoin its to low userbase to hurt their iphone sales. When looking on it globally. In todays market they are so big, and wanted that their earn more by have restrictions and control the market. Maybe in time their marketcap naturally are shrinking they will open and seek new opprtunities. but ehen that time come, they probably develope wallets and more themselves to get comission from the use...
legendary
April 06, 2014, 06:37:45 PM
This is a battle in a war that is far from over. One one side we have basic human rights, civil rights, civil liberties and basic freedoms such as freedom of speech,  freedom of religion, freedom of enterprise, etc. On the other hand we have a powerful corporation hell bent on micromanaging its clients in order to extract rents from other peoples work.

It's a cell phone app store not a civil right.  The owner of that app store gets to say who and what is in it.  Period.  The app store is not a free speech venue for anyone except for Apple.  

I do not like Apples decision, and I think it will HURT THEM.

It will hurt them and I think they feel it already like I said before.

They will re-think this decision I am sure of that (in very short time from now ;P)
legendary
April 06, 2014, 06:36:15 PM
This is a battle in a war that is far from over. One one side we have basic human rights, civil rights, civil liberties and basic freedoms such as freedom of speech,  freedom of religion, freedom of enterprise, etc. On the other hand we have a powerful corporation hell bent on micromanaging its clients in order to extract rents from other peoples work.

I expect the side of freedom and liberty to win, and Bitcoin will likely pay a very positive part in this but I do not expect this fight to be easy.

I agree with you. I think Apple corporation have idea what have they done and that Bitcoin enthusiasts are -80% not using Apple products anymore ;P

And this is a war that Apple wanna to start - Bitcoin was ok with Apple ... Apple Bitcoin Wallet was ok too...
But Apple ... is not ok ... RIP Steve Jobs Sad
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
April 06, 2014, 06:03:21 PM
I welcome companies to develop apps which challeges App Store's policy. If more and more companies try, Apple will have to reconsider their stance on the policy, let it be Bitcoin or other areas. If there is public support of these apps to a point that banning will hurt their iPhone sales, they will have to do something about it.

It is not the Apple store policy which is wrong. Apple should be free to choose what to carry in their store. Where the real evil lies is in Apple's policy of using DRM to prevent the installation of apps from outside of their store. One of the results of this use of DRM by Apple is that in certain situations Apple is always in the wrong regardless of whether they chose to allow or not allow an app in their store. What this unofficial IOS store does is address the use of DRM to block apps from outside the Apple store which is the real evil.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
April 06, 2014, 05:49:51 PM
legendary
Monero Core Team
April 06, 2014, 05:36:56 PM
This is a battle in a war that is far from over. One one side we have basic human rights, civil rights, civil liberties and basic freedoms such as freedom of speech,  freedom of religion, freedom of enterprise, etc. On the other hand we have a powerful corporation hell bent on micromanaging its clients in order to extract rents from other peoples work.

It's a cell phone app store not a civil right.  The owner of that app store gets to say who and what is in it.  Period.  The app store is not a free speech venue for anyone except for Apple.  

It is a civil right because Apple uses DRM to prevent the owner of a phone from installing an app from another app store. It is like the manufacturer of a bookcase telling the purchaser of the bookcase what books she can put on the bookcase.

Edit: This is never about forcing Apple to carry an app in their store.
Activity: 490
April 06, 2014, 05:23:07 PM

+1
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
April 06, 2014, 05:20:49 PM
Nope.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
April 06, 2014, 05:18:35 PM

legendary
Monero Core Team
April 06, 2014, 05:16:25 PM
Apple needs to tread lightly in its response.  The masses want bitcoin wallets.
This is not just about Bitcoin. Apple has been actively censoring all sorts of things since long before Bitcoin even existed. There is a very important historical lesson here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
April 06, 2014, 05:08:25 PM
Apple needs to tread lightly in its response.  The masses want bitcoin wallets.
legendary
Monero Core Team
April 06, 2014, 05:02:31 PM

I expect the side of freedom and liberty to win, and Bitcoin will likely pay a very positive part in this but I do not expect this fight to be easy.
legendary
April 06, 2014, 04:14:58 PM
Perhaps most of you already read about this, but I am thinking of a discussion about it.

http://www.coindesk.com/unofficial-apple-ios-store-to-allow-bitcoin-wallet-apps/
"Unofficial Apple iOS Store to Allow Bitcoin Wallet Apps"

This sounds great for Bitcoin and iOS users, but if this is like they say " novel workaround " would Apple do something about it or just let it go Smiley and stop this "war" against Bitcoin?

And does anyone tested already this "standalone bitcoin wallet app " ? It should be possible to download from a day.
Pages:
Jump to: