Pages:
Author

Topic: Aquarium Rig. - page 2. (Read 3468 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up
August 20, 2013, 09:59:54 AM
Aquarium is  a form of describing the oil cooling, which has proven valid because of engine.

People, especially in cloud service, keep asking how to throw the air conditioners away as I need 300U to cool the 150U. An engineer, who has introduced his diesel engine, using water,air and oil to maintain the working temperture, this ensure safety and quiet( over than 60dB can be problem) . I have heard puget system has introduced one, that is called aquarium workstation (as their v4 can handle the Di-xeon configuration) ; Intel has been testing but in industial dyeing pool for years on xeon series, and some server supplier provide the solution, really in dyeing pool in order to increase the density of the array, keep the environment reasonable as noise problem is found more than on street due to reflection and repeatable pattern generated by fan even air condtioned.

Currently, water cooling is not the perfect solution,For safety and practical reason,  You will need to use oil-water-air (found on your 2 liter engine) to solve the problem as rig is precious and critical.

The design can put more array in the 150U space if you dare, with the configuration, it is possible to put 275U in the same space.

One more thing, there is no fish in the rig as the rig will be covered by mineral oil. It is for amusement or for saving precious space.

Additionally, I have posted a more practical draft to address how to build bigger array while still keep quiet, keep safe and Reducing the cooling cost. Mineral oil is more applicable for as the equipment is specfic for one purpose, calculating the hash for money. If general? Then use special block to load mineral oil instead of dip in the oil.

Oh, there's one more thing, the waste heat... Radiator known can solve the problem by transfer the heat to air via the being.

P.S high voltage system(For example, 25KV found on evelator system) also need oil to maintain the working environment
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
August 20, 2013, 07:25:02 AM
my first thought was : poor fish....:>
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
August 20, 2013, 02:33:31 AM
Depends on size of the tank and the rig. The waste heat from the rig is going to be your biggest problem.  The tanks water needs to stay constant temp or you run the risk of killing the fish.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Firing it up
August 20, 2013, 02:09:06 AM
What do you think? Comment about this.
Pages:
Jump to: