Pages:
Author

Topic: Arbitrage trading ? - page 2. (Read 2212 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
October 28, 2016, 05:46:46 PM
Hello everybody,

I'm making some research about how to do bitcoin arbitrage trading.

My main problem is not the time to deposit fiat money, but the time to send bitcoin to the other exchange.
So my question is : how I can sell immediately btc I just bought, to the other exchange who offers a bigger price ?
I have heard about API but I don't exactly if it's instant by using it or not.
For example, I would like to buy to Bitstamp and sell to Kraken.

Thank you ! Smiley
currently difficult to find the margin between exchange rates. each exchange has almost the same price. and when arbitrating course, we must think about the cost of the fee be incurred. it will be difficult for those who only have very little capital.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
October 28, 2016, 02:51:18 PM
You could just split your total balance between the two sites and when you buy on one site you also sell on the other, once you have done this you then transfer enough bitcoins over to the other account to make the balance equal again.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
October 28, 2016, 01:49:49 PM
there are a lot of problems with arbitrage trading and what you say here is only the tip of the iceberg.
the prices are usually at the same levels and even when there is a change, the gap which was created only lasts a very small time so you would need to act super fast or you will miss out and also this gap has to be big enough so it can cover all the fees and be still profitable.
Arbitrage is certainly still possible, especially on days/weeks with a lot of volatility.
And you can just avoid most problems regarding being too slow if you use an arbitrage bot, like I've said in my previous post.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 28, 2016, 01:02:23 PM
For arbitage trading you need to hold both fiat and bitcoin in all the exchangers where you will be trading. And actually with API also you can't just sell bitcoin from one trading platform to another platform. But to automate the process or arbitrage trading there are several trading bots find best and trusted one which can meet your needs.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
October 28, 2016, 09:58:22 AM
there are a lot of problems with arbitrage trading and what you say here is only the tip of the iceberg.
the prices are usually at the same levels and even when there is a change, the gap which was created only lasts a very small time so you would need to act super fast or you will miss out and also this gap has to be big enough so it can cover all the fees and be still profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
October 28, 2016, 09:34:09 AM
Hello everybody,

My main problem is not the time to deposit fiat money, but the time to send bitcoin to the other exchange.
So my question is : how I can sell immediately btc I just bought, to the other exchange who offers a bigger price ?

Thank you ! Smiley

you still waiting for the confirmation and after your balance is show up into other exchange, then you can directly sell your bitcoin. i think its need too long for waiting the confirmation but you can try to fill your curiousity.
Yes, you'd always have to take confirmations into account, but adding a higher fee (if that's even possible on exchanges) would confirm the transaction faster.

You could also look into buying an arbitrage bot, which would be more efficient in general.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
October 28, 2016, 09:09:02 AM
Hello everybody,

Thank you ! Smiley

you still waiting for the confirmation and after your balance is show up into other exchange, then you can directly sell your bitcoin. i think its need too long for waiting the confirmation but you can try to fill your curiousity.
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
October 28, 2016, 08:32:32 AM
Hello everybody,

Thank you ! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: