Pages:
Author

Topic: Arduino Library to interface with Bitcoin - page 2. (Read 15891 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 24, 2010, 02:19:05 PM
I don't think it would be that difficult.  I'm not saying I can do it.  I don't quite have the skills, but I think it could be something like this.

http://infinityexists.com/videos/arduino-arp-cop/
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1014
August 20, 2010, 03:44:08 PM
There would need to be a concentration of bitcoiners for this to work. I suggest penetrating into a community that would be extremely receptive to bitcoins.
Activity: 307
Merit: 102
August 20, 2010, 03:40:42 PM
That would be wonderful, but it's a bit early for embedded systems.  We need to implement the protocals for the 'light cleint' before we would know how to proceed with interfacing an embedded system.  As far as I know, no one is currently working on the 'light client' protocals.

No one is working on them because it's not really necessary to write a new protocol for a lightweight client. Adding encryption to the JSON-RPC interface should be enough to allow a full featured but still lightweight client. It's possible right now to setup a simple PHP script that acts as a relay between the JSON-RPC service and a client connecting to your webserver using SSL.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007
August 20, 2010, 03:06:08 PM
That would be wonderful, but it's a bit early for embedded systems.  We need to implement the protocals for the 'light cleint' before we would know how to proceed with interfacing an embedded system.  As far as I know, no one is currently working on the 'light client' protocals.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
August 20, 2010, 01:58:34 PM
I just wanted to open a thread to see if anyone out there would be interested in contributing to the developement of an Arduino library that would allow us to call the bitcoin network for confirmation of payment.  This would allow us to build such things as

Vending Machines
Fuel Pumps
Grain Dispensers
Carnival Rides
VoiP Payphones
Video Arcades
Intergalactic Rocket Ships
Soda Fountains
Pages:
Jump to: