Pages:
Author

Topic: Are all Bitcoin Exchange connected to each other? - page 2. (Read 1288 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
I think most of the time they are separate to each other! Once the opportunity that the price in different exchange leaves a gap arises, the arbitragers would exploit it and fill in the gap. So the price in different exchanges won't have a big gap!
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Im just wondering. If the price of bitcoin increases. all of the other exchanges follow..
i'm just wondering how does it happen?

i know some of the exchange are just 10 usd lower than others but im wondering why all of them increases accordingly?

The general market demand.

Also some exchanges have rather peculiar prices compared to others, such as btc-e to create arbitrage opportunities.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange
When the water in the habour rises, all boats will rise.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Yes, the prices adjust accordingly, all exchanges should be very close to the same rate. The prices should adjust through cross exchange transactions and/or each exchange adjusting their price based on what they see at other exchanges (most likely the former). As the transaction volume increases we should see the variance between exchanges decrease. The stock exchanges in the world don't have the same problem because one stock only trades on one exchange.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP
Im just wondering. If the price of bitcoin increases. all of the other exchanges follow..
i'm just wondering how does it happen?

i know some of the exchange are just 10 usd lower than others but im wondering why all of them increases accordingly?
Pages:
Jump to: