Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Americans Really So Ignorant and Repressive? (Want to Ban Bitcoin) - page 2. (Read 1450 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035
From: http://www.coindesk.com/survey-people-know-least-bitcoin-want-ban/

After being told that bitcoin is “a new online digital currency that is not connected to any particular country’s currency system and is not controlled by any government”, 54% of Americans who had previously known nothing at all about bitcoin said that their government shouldn’t allow it to be used to purchase goods and services.

Living in America all my life, I've been aware of the pro-enslavement mentality of modern Americans (who will choose comfort and security over responsibility and freedom every time). But this sort of thing really drives it home. No one is forcing these people to use bitcoin, but they reflexively react to it by declaring that you and anyone else should not be allowed to use bitcoin either.  They are wanting to ban voluntary transactions between two other parties because they, in their ignorance, dislike it.

And people wonder why I won't say the Pledge of Allegiance. For a man living in America in 2014 who wants to be neither a slave nor a slave-owner, I can't help but feel like an outsider.
Pages:
Jump to: