Pages:
Author

Topic: Are CBDCs good for the economy? - page 3. (Read 318 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22
August 11, 2022, 02:59:43 AM
The stable digital currencies, also known as CBDCs have been gaining popularity in the last two years, especially after 2021 bull market.

What are your thoughts?

I myself think that stable coins will be very beneficial for the development of the credit system in the economy. As transaction times and costs decrease, new opportunities arise for applications such as loans, lending money, remittances, and credit card networks. On the other hand, the introduction of a new digital currency can lead to a devaluation of the currency in other fiat currencies.

CBDCs are a potential solution to many of the problems now plaguing fiat currencies. But they're not perfect, and there's no telling how they will affect economies around the world—especially in all the tiny countries out there. After all, it is clear that the new generation of digital stablecoins could have a huge impact on the future financial landscape.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
August 11, 2022, 02:49:31 AM
CBDCs are pretty much just fully digitized dollars with likely far more restrictions. Not sure about the economic impact being good or bad, but it's surely bad for the privacy of the masses.
Activity: 39
Merit: 2
August 11, 2022, 12:11:50 AM
The stable digital currencies, also known as CBDCs have been gaining popularity in the last two years, especially after 2021 bull market.

Recently I was looking at some news about CBDCs implementation in Australia, and I was wondering if this is something that could cause trouble or confusion within a local economy as it moves forward. Countries like Canada have developed contingency plans for this system, although I'm not sure how small countries could be affected by this. What are your thoughts?

Link to the news as reference:

https://twitter.com/thetokenist/status/1556986345972809728?s=20&t=bpZZ56l23Rh3v40wykXckQ

Pages:
Jump to: