Pages:
Author

Topic: Are loans - part of debts? - page 2. (Read 1325 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 271
October 04, 2018, 01:41:52 PM
I'm unable to find a precise classification and/or similarity between the two words - debt and loan. Should we consider debts (where people are helped financially or in a way they want that help - and they need to pay it off either in instalments or at a go, be it through paper money or by any other means according to the agreement) as loans OR Is there anything that could help us classify both these terms and show some dissimilarities and differences between them?
Generally, there is no difference between the two and even these two terms can be used interchangeably. Both loans and debts are liabilities that need to be paid off. From a business or accounting point of view I can state some difference. When a company lends money from banks or private lenders, it is considered as loans but if money is raised through issuance of shares and bonds, it is called debt of the company.
Activity: 123
Merit: 8
September 24, 2018, 02:38:29 PM
In General, any case where you have someone at least some money makes sense to call the Debt! The only difference is that there are several types of debt and everything else is just their names.
1 Loan money from a friend, relative-a loan of a small amount of money for an indefinite period with the obligation to return "as I can".
2. Loan money from your Bank for a short period (a month, two) without interest using credit cards. Return within a month or two months is mandatory.
3. The loan of a large amount of money (mortgage, car loan, business) - is also a debt but paid gradually and for the use of this debt has to pay additional % to the Bank.
I'm unable to find a precise classification and/or similarity between the two words - debt and loan.

Well, in particular in Your case, I can only say that the word Credit - is that the loan without overdue payments to the Bank where you regularly pay and use the service provided to you.
And Debt-this in most cases overdue payment which you had to pay but could not in view of a number of circumstances whether it is debt for a utility fee , loan or mortgage.
copper member
Activity: 164
Merit: 1
September 13, 2018, 02:34:05 PM
well it depends on the magnitude and time frsme of the loan, there is what we call bad debt in account, this is a loan that is long overdue for repayment, but due to unforseen circumstances, the loan can no longer be retrieved hence becomes a bad debt.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
September 13, 2018, 11:47:30 AM
I'm unable to find a precise classification and/or similarity between the two words - debt and loan. Should we consider debts (where people are helped financially or in a way they want that help - and they need to pay it off either in instalments or at a go, be it through paper money or by any other means according to the agreement) as loans OR Is there anything that could help us classify both these terms and show some dissimilarities and differences between them?

A loan is a form of debt.  A debt is anything you owe to someone else.  It can be used financially or in a social context, such as 'I am in your debt', which implies you owe the person a favor. 

A loan is specifically the lending of money, and the borrower's obligation to repay the loan is therefore a debt.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
September 13, 2018, 10:58:20 AM

Suppose one person needs $10k from a Bank and the fund is granted to the person by the bank.  This will be the loan given to the person.
Second term used by you is Debt; it is the total amount the loan granted +  interest applied there on. 
So debt means Loan granted + amount of interest.
Also when the repayment starts then Loan granted + amount of interest - (minus) the installments repaid by the person (availing loan from the bank) to the Bank (the financier).
Activity: 96
Merit: 0
September 13, 2018, 10:50:03 AM
Loan and dept are almost means the same thing. In my own definition loan is sometimes associated with paying of interest either on monthly basis or on yearly basis.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
September 13, 2018, 09:37:15 AM
They are both liabilities and payable. I think ofcourse loans are also a debt. Do not confuse yourself too much, so many problems needed to be solved.
Yeah, in a accounting its a Liabilities that you really need to pay. There is no big difference between, the thing that makes it different is that the way you treat it. Some loans or debts is good especially when you are doing this to fund your business or to buy something that you need to make good money. For now, don't make too much time thinking about this too, just focus on buying good coins now. Smiley 
Activity: 696
Merit: 100
September 13, 2018, 09:14:06 AM
They are both liabilities and payable. I think ofcourse loans are also a debt. Do not confuse yourself too much, so many problems needed to be solved.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
September 13, 2018, 08:21:52 AM
What about the interest part? As loan consists of interest rates and changes according to the agreement if repaid late or whatsoever terms and conditions, does debt also accrue such interest rates? Most importantly, do debts have any interests levied at all? IMO, debts does not have interest rates added to it as it is given solely for the purpose of helping* someone by availing them the form of help they are in need of (e.g.; money for those who need cash, grocery for those who need food and so on), whereas loan is something that accrues interest rates from the very beginning it is lent (it differs on a case-by-case basis as to what I've observed because people also give 0 interest loans). What I don't understand here is, what's the lender's benefit by giving money for "free" or "interest-free"? 
Activity: 612
Merit: 102
September 13, 2018, 01:54:42 AM
For me I think the difference between debt and loan that loans are backed up with agreement papers and bind with legal responsibilities.
While debt can be unofficial  like peer to peer agreement.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
September 13, 2018, 12:44:03 AM
Debt is the impact of a loan, if someone borrows an item or money then he is obliged to return it in the same form when he first borrowed or even in the bank system they usually outweigh the first amount of money that he did. The obligation to pay can be referred to as debt, if someone is unable to fulfill and pay off debt, there is a consequence that the day faced by the borrower. Many things must be considered when borrowing money or goods, one of which is someone must have a clear goal when intending to borrow, this will determine whether you can pay or not.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
September 12, 2018, 10:49:02 PM

I guess that debt is just a term used to describe the overall net level of one's finances, while loans are describing individual deals or contracts that are being made which result debt/credit.

A loan obviously constitutes as debt to the party who is actively taking out the loan agreement, and I don't really think that there is going to be that much of a technical difference in some scenarios where you could use both terms interchangeably. Every single debt is technically incurred through one form of a loan or another, what varies is just the terms and length.

Don't think that you can say that loans are a part of debt though. Loans are a form of debt, but not a part of it.
Activity: 140
September 12, 2018, 10:30:33 AM
Should we say that loans are borrowed things from a financial institutions which is official because of documents ,or a simple loan from a certain people or group of people engaging in loans, and this are payable things ,so as to debt is also a borrowed thing that needs to be pay ,so it has a similar concept which is to pay later,then loans are part of debts.
Activity: 168
September 12, 2018, 09:30:47 AM
For me debts and loans are similar things. in both the system you are paying interest for getting the cash or money in any way. so i think debts and loan are smiliar.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
September 12, 2018, 08:46:16 AM

debt happens when you owe something and promise to return in a particular time which we call loan,technically loan is also a debt because when you ask for a loan something give it to you and it become a debt.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
September 12, 2018, 08:09:39 AM
All thumbs are fingers however not all fingers are thumbs. Similar story, all loans are debts however not all debts are loans. Loan is when you take out money from someone or a bank and repay in installments however you can have debt like buying something and paying it in installments which means you have debt but no one gave you a loan.

Hence, the two words are different from each other in meaning because if you have a loan that is debt but if you get something but pay later that is also called debt. For example big companies usually get something from a smaller company and give a 45 day check which is a debt on their books but not a loan.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
September 11, 2018, 03:18:29 AM
Definitely true ,loans are part of debts ,because debts in any part of business especially finances are oblgation to be paid, and the term loans in any kind are required for payments for the use of money, in any forms of loans .
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
September 11, 2018, 02:44:31 AM

I think that word is similiar, because the mean of that word is we get money from others for our purpose. And the similiar of both word is we should back the money we get from other people and sometimes with interest
Activity: 490
Merit: 14
September 10, 2018, 09:44:24 PM
Debt with a loan makes no difference, all must be paid, only the management system is different, I think so bro
Activity: 588
Merit: 128
September 10, 2018, 09:38:38 PM
Credit and debt can in principle be considered synonymous.One difference is that for the loan you have to pay more interest and for the debt is not.(If, of course, no written contract was signed by a notary).But as a rule, no one makes such contracts with debt

And since there's no contract people taking the advantage to borrow a lot of money, even they knew that they can't pay it all and believing no one can't be in jail for borrowing money but unless if a person already owe huge money like millions, it's consider as estafa and he can be jailed.

If there's money involve, a thing can be consider debt as you have an obligation to pay it no matter what. It's just good to hear that you loan money from bank but technically you owe them and that count to debt.
Pages:
Jump to: