Pages:
Author

Topic: are localbitcoin implementing kyc by the back door? - page 2. (Read 1642 times)

legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001
https://localbitcoins.com/ad/52149/purchase-bitcoin-bank-transfer-united-kingdom-united-kingdom

He makes it pretty clear that he requires ID in the "Terms of trade with Deb2com".
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
You can just use the dispute resolution service that LBC offers and prove that you actually sent the funds. The funds should be released from escrow to you.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571
sorry not tech savy enough to create a link but these are the sellers details- I have to wait another day(48 hrs in total) for the dispute procedure to "appear"

Just copy and paste the url here.

Anyway it looks like this guy's account has been hacked and the person you are dealing with is the hacker. No legitimate reason for him to ask for your credit/debit card details like that. Neither is localbitcoins going to ask you for it.

You should contact localbitcoins support and let them know. Keep the whole conversation in the localbitcoins chat box so that they can refer to it.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
Some sellers will need more information from buyer to prevent charge back and scam.
reg
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
That's BS, terms should be clear before the payment. And just like you said, credit card is not a form of ID. Most credit/debit cards don't even have your picture on it. Which seller is this? Put a link to his profile.

Deb2com
Information on Deb2com
Trade volume
Higher than 150 BTC
Number of confirmed trades
100+
…with 690 different partners
Feedback score
99 %
Real name verification
5 trusted verifications, 4 verifications, 1 rejected verifications
Account created
8 months ago
Last seen
1 hour, 12 minutes ago
Language
English
Email
Verified
Phone number
Verified
Trust
Trusted by 20+ people
Blocks
Blocked by 4 people
Pro Trader

You do not currently trust Deb2com.
Seller escrow release times
Median: 17 min
Average: 68 min

sorry not tech savy enough to create a link but these are the sellers details- I have to wait another day(48 hrs in total) for the dispute procedure to "appear"
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
That's BS, terms should be clear before the payment. And just like you said, credit card is not a form of ID. Most credit/debit cards don't even have your picture on it. Which seller is this? Put a link to his profile.
reg
Activity: 463
Merit: 250
hi, I am having my first problem with using lbtc in two years. I am going into dispute but the points raised are not clear to me perhaps some insights from the community can clarify the problem. I bought btc and paid within 5 minutes using faster payments in the uk. However the seller would not release the btc from escrow until I sent a photograph of my credit card (back and front with sensitive data covered) to them as ID. I could not as I do not have any means of doing that -I only have a pay as you go phone so I asked for what else they would accept. I got no reply and they said a dispute with  lbtc would require this information anyway? As I have never been in this situation but it raises some issues.
 1) I do not know anywhere in the world a credit card is accepted as ID- It could be stolen!
2)The seller never informed me prior to the transaction that this was a requirement so beware of sending money to sellers unless you can comply and get the btc's released from escrow within 90 minuits.
 3) The seller said "scammers on this site  are using other peoples a/c to buy btc's". I would also like to know how to do this - any suggestions please!! If it turns out that lbtc do require some form of recognised ID then they are imo applying kyc through the backdoor and should be up front about it. comments welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: