Pages:
Author

Topic: Are members of sig ad campaigns only banned or other members as well are banned? - page 2. (Read 1918 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
@erikalui,

I remember that BadBear said "each users is a case different than other. So also if you report an users it should pass a few days or week before that he is banned. It is obvious than who is wearing a sig ad 'has' the precedence respect who is not wearing a sig ad, but I think also the users who is not paying for post should be 'examined' and after banned (if they continue to make insubstantial posts).

Is the problem the posts or the fact that someone is wearing a sig ad? Or maybe both thing.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
I think you are wrong! I know some of them who got banned:
Full member: Madness
Senior member: I guess there are many peple but I know none of them
Hero: marcotheminer
Legendary: Crazyearner
Even though hero members and Legendary members rarely get banned, they have got banned Smiley

Correct me if I'm wrong. They all are Sig ad campaign members except Marco who was banned for PM spamming.

No you're not wrong! Madness was banned twice for sig spamming and crazyearner's post were not constructive and majority of his posts were 1-2 liner! I haven't heard of any senior member getting banned since I joined the forum but I think there are many! Do you know any?

Btw I am waiting for theymos to implement this Cheesy
Yeah, I'm thinking that a good response to sig spam might be to ban the person for ~5 days and disable all but the most basic styling in their signature for 60+ days. (With times increasing for repeat offenders.)
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
For eg: A user creates a thread about a news article and talks about sun, moon, trees and I don't know what else. Isn't that considered going off topic in their own post? If they were wearing a signature, they might have been probably banned but now their posts are being considered non-spammy?

Please post an example. Maybe their off-topic comment were entertaining enough to others.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11106350

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11117124

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11117228

Sorry to the OP but the posts dint make sense to me.  Sad
You are probably not a geek, but I understood what was said. There were obtuse references to geeky stuff that many on the forum would get.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049
┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴
Even though hero members and Legendary members rarely get banned, they have got banned Smiley

Correct me if I'm wrong. They all are Sig ad campaign members except Marco who was banned for PM spamming.

Yep. I sent a targeted PM to campaign managers but oh well.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

The members are mostly Full, Sr., Hero members and still they are spamming. Mostly, newbies who are trolls get banned but I have noticed that these senior members aren't banned. May be I am wrong here.
legendary
For eg: A user creates a thread about a news article and talks about sun, moon, trees and I don't know what else. Isn't that considered going off topic in their own post? If they were wearing a signature, they might have been probably banned but now their posts are being considered non-spammy?

Please post an example. Maybe their off-topic comment were entertaining enough to others.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11106350

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11117124

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11117228

Sorry to the OP but the posts dint make sense to me.  Sad
Activity: 94
Merit: 10

legendary
It seems that users who didn't wearing sig would be banned too, but the odds to be banned is significantly lower than people with the paid sig.

Just leave that newbies alone, we shouldn't stop people from participating in this forum, right?

Yes, your're right! Spammers wearing signature are frequently banned rather than the spammers/newbies wearing no signatures!! We can never stop those newbie spammers! There are almost 250 newbies registering per day and almost 200 are used for making useless spams! Its impossible to stop them!

And the newbie in your example doesn't get banned nor does any person wearing signature will be banned for posting off-topic! If the person who is posting offtopic himself created the thread, it would be moved by a moderator to the right thread! Not necessary that he'll get banned!

You missed this:

They aren't newbies which is more surprising.

The members are mostly Full, Sr., Hero members and still they are spamming. Mostly, newbies who are trolls get banned but I have noticed that these senior members aren't banned. May be I am wrong here.
It seems that users who didn't wearing sig would be banned too, but the odds to be banned is significantly lower than people with the paid sig.

Just leave that newbies alone, we shouldn't stop people from participating in this forum, right?

Yes, your're right! Spammers wearing signature are frequently banned rather than the spammers/newbies wearing no signatures!! We can never stop those newbie spammers! There are almost 250 newbies registering per day and almost 200 are used for making useless spams! Its impossible to stop them!

And the newbie in your example doesn't get banned nor does any person wearing signature will be banned for posting off-topic! If the person who is posting offtopic himself created the thread, it would be moved by a moderator to the right thread! Not necessary that he'll get banned!
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

legendary
I have reported few posts of users who don't belong to any campaign (fortunately) but their posts make no sense. They aren't newbies which is more surprising. I have noticed that they keep making senseless posts and go off topic in the thread created by them. I also noticed that my reports have not been addressed yet as my accuracy hasn't changed but they are indeed spamming (if I am not wrong).

I know that what appears to me as spam may not be valid for a MOD but going off topic isn't considered spam?

Also, there are many topics which are created about Miracles of (a holy book) and finally all are having fun in these threads. It's only my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: