Pages:
Author

Topic: Are my BTC safe in Mt.Gox? - page 2. (Read 3797 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 08, 2013, 08:30:42 AM
No BTC is safe in Mt. Gox.
Activity: 898
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2013, 06:12:37 AM
Go to blockchain.info and create a wallet to move your coins to. Make sure its backed up. Then do some research into paper wallets/offline storage. Coins which you are holding for the long term, move offline.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
September 08, 2013, 06:10:27 AM
Since you asked, I guess its against my code not to tell you that by leaving BTC on a site wallet that you don't control, means basically those BTC arent yours and can and will be lost in the not so distant future when shit hits the fan at MTGOX.

There hope that helped you make an educated decision on what to do next.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
September 08, 2013, 06:06:18 AM
I bought my btc with fiat at gox and now I have bitcoins, is there any downside to just keeping my bitcoins on their site? I'm planning to hold for the long run, so i could see the potential downsides to not moving them to a personal wallet, what I don't know if one of those potential downsides is a complete loss of all "btc's" as accounted in my mtgox account.

I have 2fa.

The reason I ask is I see lots of people stating "everyone is getting their money/btc out of gox" But I'm not, so I'm either doing something stupid by just leaving them there, or I'm not as paranoid as the rest of people, and feel safe with mt.gox.

Anybody care to enlighten me?
Pages:
Jump to: