Pages:
Author

Topic: Are my coins too safe? - page 2. (Read 244 times)

Activity: 2744
Merit: 761
Burpaaa
December 04, 2022, 10:41:40 AM
Will I mess up and lock myself out of my wallet eventually?

This is what I did:

- Bought Trezor hardware device.
 - Wrote down 24 word recovery seed on paper.
 - Made a wallet with Electrum.

Is the 24 word recovery seed all I need to store securely? Or do I need the wallet file as well? And do I also need to save my receiving addresses?
I generate a new BTC address every time I send BTC to my wallet, do I have to securely store the address each and every time I receive BTC?

If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it:)

The only thing you need to secure is the 24 word seed phrase of your trezor and that’s all. It’s better if you will just save your wallet address so that you can limit the access of your wallet for safety purposes. But you can always use new address every time you want to receive your Bitcoin for a better privacy of your holdings.

Also, Make sure to make your trezor safe and don’t connect on untrusted website or computer that might give you risk for a possible phishing of your seed phrase. Nevertheless you are almost safe when using hardware wallet if you can protect properly your seedphrase. That’s what matter most.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
December 04, 2022, 10:39:29 AM
When you say you made an Electrum wallet, I'm guessing you connected it to your Trezor device?

If so, then yes. You just need to save the 24 words phrase so if your device malfunctions, for example, you can always restore your wallet. There's no need for the wallet file.

As for the receiving address, then you don't need to save it unless, you don't want to plug your device in each time you want to receive funds then in that case, making a watch-only wallet with your xPub would be a good idea.
Activity: 1
Merit: 5
December 04, 2022, 10:37:11 AM
Will I mess up and lock myself out of my wallet eventually?

This is what I did:

- Bought Trezor hardware device.
 - Wrote down 24 word recovery seed on paper.
 - Made a wallet with Electrum.

Is the 24 word recovery seed all I need to store securely? Or do I need the wallet file as well? And do I also need to save my receiving addresses?
I generate a new BTC address every time I send BTC to my wallet, do I have to securely store the address each and every time I receive BTC?

If anyone could clarify this I would appreciate it:)

Pages:
Jump to: