Pages:
Author

Topic: Are NFTs just marketing gimmicks with no added value? - page 3. (Read 316 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 42
NO SHITCOIN INSIDE
NFTs, meme coins, smart contracts, altcoins, etc. are nothing but scams.

These are the buzzwords that scammers use to lure people in and trick them out of their money. Bitcoin is the only one that is not a scam.
Many people enter the crypto market only to find this out the hard way after they lose their money.

If the government was doing their job ethereum and all the rest of the shitcoins would be shut down to prevent these scams from happening.
Of course that is why bitcoin exists because governments are totally clueless, incompetent and corrupt.

I don't think you are completely correct. Infact Bitcoin can also be used to lure vulnerable people into scamming them. Having the idea that every other thing is scam aside Bitcoin does not prove you are a Bitcoin enthusiast but rather it shows your ignorance about crypto-currency in general.

NFT, memecoin, altcoin aren't one entity, although I don't own any altcoin yet but I won't consider them all scams because there are coins and project in those sector that has proven themselves and stood the test of time.

I understand you don't want to have anything to do with them but calling all of them a scam is a wrong mentality.

Sorry but only idiots invest in altcoins which are good for nothing but promoting crap like NFTs and memecoins and getting hacked or rugpulled. Sorry but not sorry.
How many countless billions of dollars have been lost on ethereum over the years due to hacks and scams?

No one has ever explained to me exactly what ethereum and altcoins are good for other than stupid NFTs and meme coins, getting hacked and rugpulled.
With bitcoin the purpose of it is very clear and simple to understand. Bitcoin is nothing more than a store of value, like gold but only better. Period.

Bitcoin is an asset without an issuer which makes it a commodity. You cannot say that for anything else in the market.

When you introduce the human element (the issuer) it only leads to corruption and greed. Why would you trust people you don't even know and give them your money?
Why would you trust people you don't know not to scam you? With bitcoin you don't have to trust because it is an asset without an issuer, it is trustless.

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

I don't agree with what you said, but I can still believe that those tools are used to scam investors who don't know anything about them. If those are all scams, the other coins
that belong to those categories will no longer be listed on centralized exchanges.

Don't generalize; I also can't deny that there are scammers, but the scam is not the literal meme, NFT, altcoins, or smart contracts. You are dead wrong here on this matter.
Activity: 182
Merit: 47

I understand you don't want to have anything to do with them but calling all of them a scam is a wrong mentality.

I agree with you here, and personally I don't like to write off anything that has captured the interest of so many people in the world as a "scam".

Clearly NFTs are doing something people find useful, and my theory is that the buying and selling of contracts on the internet is a useful thing, even if:

1. Many or even most NFTs are scams.

2. Specifically using blockchain or not to do it doesn't make any difference to the product.

3. Blockchain-based NFTs will go extinct soon, replaced by plain old written contracts with known counterparties, now that NFTs have introduced everybody to the idea of buying and selling contracts*.

I personally like to drill down and learn more about a phenomenon rather than just dismissing it as a "scam". I'm not saying there's anything wrong if you do, but I'm just a geek when it comes to this stuff Smiley.

(* Of course I have the same view of Bitcoin and digital currency. Smiley )

Why not move this thread to the altcoins discussion board for more proper replies on this subject matter, there's much to say when it comes to altcoins and this section only belongs to bitcoin discussion topics, altcoins and NFTs in particular have market buying and selling value which we can also partake from when it comes to discussions on how they have added value to the market s in cryptocurrencies, the same way we must never forget that this same altcoins have their risk in which if we are not observant can affect us.

I struggled with the proper placement of this topic. This is clearly a Bitcoin-related (blockchain-related) topic, and I think belongs on Bitcointalk.org, generally speaking.

But there's no dedicated area of NFTs on this website, or something that would seem to cover that topic in a general way.

And NFTs are definitely not like altcoins in terms of their usefulness and issues. I think that would be the wrong place for the topic.

Hence I placed this topic in the "general discussion" area, e.g. this one.

Activity: 952
Merit: 555
Why not move this thread to the altcoins discussion board for more proper replies on this subject matter, there's much to say when it comes to altcoins and this section only belongs to bitcoin discussion topics, altcoins and NFTs in particular have market buying and selling value which we can also partake from when it comes to discussions on how they have added value to the market s in cryptocurrencies, the same way we must never forget that this same altcoins have their risk in which if we are not observant can affect us.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702

These are the buzzwords that scammers use to lure people in and trick them out of their money. Bitcoin is the only one that is not a scam.
Many people enter the crypto market only to find this out the hard way after they lose their money.

If the government was doing their job ethereum and all the rest of the shitcoins would be shut down to prevent these scams from happening.
Of course that is why bitcoin exists because governments are totally clueless, incompetent and corrupt.

I don't think you are completely correct. Infact Bitcoin can also be used to lure vulnerable people into scamming them. Having the idea that every other thing is scam aside Bitcoin does not prove you are a Bitcoin enthusiast but rather it shows your ignorance about crypto-currency in general.

NFT, memecoin, altcoin aren't one entity, although I don't own any altcoin yet but I won't consider them all scams because there are coins and project in those sector that has proven themselves and stood the test of time.

Activity: 260
Merit: 42
NO SHITCOIN INSIDE

When it comes to blockchain-based NFTs, I'm trying to answer one question: why?

What is the actual added value of an NFT versus a plain old contract between two known entities as is done in traditional digital content marketplaces?

You might say that the difference is that the transaction can be done anonymously, but since NFTs are essentially legal contracts, and contracts require known identities to hold up in court, then it would seem as though an NFT itself doesn't add any value, since you need to add identity to the contract anyhow, at which point there's no added value to using an NFT.

What am I missing here? Why use an NFT when the NFT, by itself, is technically worthless, and a valid transaction without the blockchain aspect of the transaction is the same as the value with it?

In other words, couldn't you just enter into the same contract the NFT specifies with the real names of the parties, and accomplish the same thing, but without the added complexity of the blockchain stuff?

Can somebody who knows the NFT business tell me what I am missing?

Pages:
Jump to: