Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Satoshi mined bitcoins owned by the US Government - page 2. (Read 469 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
What would happen if dollar would lost huge value and the the US Government gives a proof of ownership of Satoshi mined bitcoins?
Maybe this was asked sometime before I applogize for repeating the same question.
In other words what if Bitcoin iwas created by the Government?
existed that bitcoin is just another secret project of the government to lure in money launderers and criminals and to use the coin for monetary gains as well. However, there aren't any solid evidence that supports this, and if there's any evidence around, it's too murky to even connect to the government and whatnot. For now, the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto isn't even identified, and the protocol/system is too complex to be devised by a single person with a wide understanding of cryptography and economics as well.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I would not rule it out but then perhaps its not so bad if they want a nice large slice to allow it to exist.....

You have to obviously realise that eventually govs will be the largest holders of btc anyway even if it became the defacto global payment system since taxation will ensure this.

Still it will be way better than a fiat scenario where money can be made out of thin air.

Nobody really knows who owns it but there are other inviduals that have 200k 300k 400k so it's not as critical is it seems.

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
What do you think would happen if the BTC Genisis coins were suddenly moved back into circulation within the BTC ecosystem? Would BTC thrive or take a dive of the edge of the cliff?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
it would be good for the US to create dollar version 3.0 but this time backed by bitcoin.
it won't happen because they want something they can control first and is more stable second.

It is strange that 1.000.000 Btc have no known owner.

there is a bout 17 million bitcoins created and most of it has no known owner and the small portion that has known owners belong to exchanges.
Activity: 232
What would happen if dollar would lost huge value and the the US Government gives a proof of ownership of Satoshi mined bitcoins?
Maybe this was asked sometime before I applogize for repeating the same question.

it's called awesome <3 because if government use bitcoin that's is an nice decision Smiley if government buy a rocket missile it's possible that government use bitcoin.
Activity: 13
China and Russia are colluding to avoid US dolar by creating new gold backed currency. They have gold and US does not - it has been sold long time ago. it would be good for the US to create dollar version 3.0 but this time backed by bitcoin. It is strange that 1.000.000 Btc have no known owner.
Activity: 304
It is very good that Satoshi mined bitcoins for the benefit of all mankind. If it is for the US Government only i am very sure it could have been hold by the said Government and other countries would not have full access to it.
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
No, I don't think so that bitcoin was created by the government or that satoshi is just another group of people and isn't a single identity and I don't think so that satoshi mined bitcoins are owned by the US government. But it is conspired that bitcoin was created by a US government body like FBI. And as we all know that US secret services invented tor so I also think sometimes that it can be possible for the government to invent bitcoin.
Activity: 146
I do not agree if bitcoin is created by the government of bitcoin in the creation by satoshi and satoshi not mined bitcoin which is owned by the government of As
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
Another conspiracy that the government (FBI) was the real creator of bitcoin?

I don't care if they will claim one day that this is a secret project that they hid for a very long time as long as the value remains.

And if they show proof of ownership with satoshi's mined bitcoins, they can do it as they wish lol.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
If bitcoin is made by a government I would rather think that bitcoin prices will decrease sharply, and public confidence will be lost or diminished in bitcoin.
Activity: 378
Merit: 197
What would happen if the US Government gives a proof of ownership of Satoshi mined bitcoins?
In other words what if Bitcoin was created by the Government?

If that would happen, I would bet it would be because NSA has cracked the crypto behind bitcoin and not because they are the creators behind bitcoin.

After all NSA does have a big budget for cracking encryption...
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
well here in the philippines has an exchanger of bitcoin so we can do market trading in crypto without usd i hope that there are more countries has the same situation.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
If ever satoshi was owned by the government, then the government will be able to keep track of all the bitcoin user but I think it is not owned by the US government because it offers various opportunities to other countries.

Not necessarily. Not because Satoshi is actually the US government it doesn't automatically mean that the government now has the power to track all of the bitcoin users. Satoshi is just the inventor/creator. He/she/they don't have an advantage over other bitcoin users/devs, besides his/her/their knowledge.
Activity: 294
Merit: 17
Bitcoin wouldn't become decentralized in the first place if it was created by a government since they will be the ones who will monitor and manage everything that involves bitcoin. And for sure tax will be implemented and maybe too much restrictions.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
Only laymen or people without common sense will believe on such FUDS, why would government will create bitcoin and keep it secret? Also stop thinking US as technologically advanced country, there are many other countries which have more talented technologist than what US have also US like to dominate whole world's economy with their USD so creating bitcoin doesn't make sense for them. Bitcoin is just opposite of fiat and it can dominate the modern world's economy in next few decade...
Activity: 225
Merit: 2
If ever satoshi was owned by the government, then the government will be able to keep track of all the bitcoin user but I think it is not owned by the US government because it offers various opportunities to other countries.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

No. Bitcoin is not created by any government agencies for sure. Governments are not the ones who would create something radically different than the centralized environment we currently live in. In that standpoint, bitcoin is something radically different and that is the reason why it became immensely popular within a very short period of time. If this had been created by governments, they would not struggle so much in accepting bitcoin as a mainstream currency. Since that inclusion didn't happen yet, it is safe to say that bitcoin is not created by any government agency.

If you search the internet, you will see a lot of articles that shows bitcoin is created by CIA or similar to that sort. But nothing is provided as a solid proof that can prove the ground reality.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

It wouldn't make any sense.

They have auctioned off seized coins for silk road, so if their ultimate aim to hold coins on the bitcoin network they clearly aren't trying their hardest.

But let's just say that even if Satoshi was the US government, so what? Satoshi is no longer actively involved in bitcoin, and it would definitely make no sense for any government to create a decentralized currency to take away their own control.

Although, it's not impossible that the US government is trying to accumulate some BTC now, but that's up to speculation.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 830
This way the government would certainly hunt for people who have made great fortunes with bitcoins. And them they will track down all the malacious activities done via bitcoins, lile any criminal offense and stuff like that.

Well uts just an hypothesisi, because if govermnet would have created  bitcoins, they would have made an authentication  process for the users through which fraudulents and criminals cam be shed out throughg yhis process.
Pages:
Jump to: