Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Satoshi's 1.5M coins viewable? - page 3. (Read 1961 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
June 24, 2014, 10:22:30 PM
No its a premine. No doubt about it. Bitcoins had one of the highest premine's ever. Only coins I know of had a bigger premine off the top of my head was the country coins that was popular a few months back.

Steve
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
June 24, 2014, 10:00:03 PM
What is this 1.5 million coin stuff?

A hoax premine or coins mined really early in the days?

I'd like to know, because it doesn't exactly click in my head.

I think it's the coins mined early on and not the premine, but I could be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
June 24, 2014, 06:22:37 PM
Are they on blockchain.info or implemented in some kind of code in the protocol?

Do they exist?

Can I see them?
"No satoshi address for you!!"   -address_nazi
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
June 24, 2014, 06:19:13 PM
Are they on blockchain.info or implemented in some kind of code in the protocol?

Do they exist?

Can I see them?

They are in the blockchain, just like ALL bitcoins.  Bitcoins don't exist other than as an unspent output in the blockchain.

You can use any block explorer to see transactions and block rewards.

The difficult part is determining which ones belong to Satoshi, and which ones belong to other people.

There has been some analysis based on knowledge about what the bitcoin community, software, and economy was like during the first year of its existence. This analysis has resulted in several people coming to the conclusion that there is a significant sum of bitcoins that can be assumed with relative confidence to have been mined by Satoshi.

For an example of the analysis, see here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/chain-archaeology-answers-from-the-early-blockchain-507458
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 24, 2014, 06:01:02 PM

Do they exist?

Can I see them?
Pages:
Jump to: