Pages:
Author

Topic: Are Smart Contracts indeed Smart??? - page 3. (Read 508 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
January 07, 2019, 12:48:17 AM
I never thought for once that smart contracts were made to replace lawyer. It's just a way to enforce rules that two or several parties agreed, and cooler stuff like making your own asset on the blockchain (token). There is no way smart contract can replace lawyer, it doesn't help you defend your case, it won't help you find evidence if you're alleged for a crime nor it gives you suggestions on how to act in court.

Furthermore, a smart contract won't advise you if the smart contract is a good contract to get into in the 1st place. I certainly wish the DAO had that feature before I wasted a smidgen of my precious BTC on that shitstorm.  Cheesy
Activity: 910
Merit: 351
January 07, 2019, 12:06:01 AM
I never thought for once that smart contracts were made to replace lawyer. It's just a way to enforce rules that two or several parties agreed, and cooler stuff like making your own asset on the blockchain (token). There is no way smart contract can replace lawyer, it doesn't help you defend your case, it won't help you find evidence if you're alleged for a crime nor it gives you suggestions on how to act in court.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
January 06, 2019, 08:29:44 PM
Basically, you are asking how smart a smart contract is? I'm sure that it's for transferring one value to another and definitely, it does its job, especially in Ethereum, giving the ability for developers make their own contracts and also helps them do it. It's used for agreements between clients or users and can also provide service to other contracts.

If a smart contract studies the law, it could be. Having a lawyer and comparing it to smart contracts is not smart.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 106
January 06, 2019, 07:28:51 PM
what more can be said of an automated system  that functions independently at the initiation of some transactions and responds equally to the programmed description as stated by the developer and meeting all the requirements of the developer as at its stipulated time. it is obviously a smart contract act that has triggered the name as a smart contract
Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co
January 06, 2019, 07:25:06 PM
Is man even smart? I do not think so. Otherwise the Ethereum guy Buteri would not have said he regretted using that word 'smart contract' when he developed ETH.
Activity: 574
Merit: 14
January 06, 2019, 07:11:08 PM
Smart contracts are essentially command codes executed automatically by a computer based on some predetermined or defined conditions,e.g,If you send X amount of data set to a given address,you automatically have XYZ command executed.They "smart" in that sense.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
January 06, 2019, 07:04:45 PM
Do you really believe that Smart Contracts can replace a lawyer?

It's a little more nuanced than that.  Blockchains and smart contracts have potential to disrupt the Notary business in particular, but that's generally just a small portion of the "lawyer" repertoire.  There are many functions which lawyers perform that are less simple to reproduce in code.  

Try landing yourself in court and see how far a smart contract gets you in terms of legal representation, for one fairly obvious example.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
January 06, 2019, 07:01:24 PM
Smart contracts are just small computer programs, and computers programs tend to have bugs or generally be limited. Smart contracts might be useful in cases that allow truly decentralized automation, but I've seen cases when smart contracts require trust or third parties, which is the opposite of what is promised.

Smart contracts will never replace lawyers, and they will never replace traditional contracts. It's better to think about them as a decentralized proxy between service providers and customers.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
January 06, 2019, 06:45:47 PM
I did some research regarding Smart Contracts and I can say I did not conclude to anything specific.
Do you really believe that Smart Contracts can replace a lawyer?
And has anyone actually tried to have any kind of exchange and used one Smart contract?

Thanks, everyone in advance who will answer! I would love to hear some opinions.
 Smiley Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: