Pages:
Author

Topic: Are the Altcoins Going to Dip in Short Term? - page 2. (Read 490 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Bitcoin price has been pumped very fast for a few days so the price correction of Bitcoin is affecting all other coins but it will not last long.  This is a temporary problem when Bitcoin price correction period is over when Bitcoin starts pumping again or if Bitcoin price is stable then bull market of Altcoin will start so if one wants to buy Altcoin now for long term holding it will be able to give good returns. so if someone have enough money for long-term investment then they can do it

Crypto is a super volatile asset class -- one level above gambling sh*t. There lies an opportunity for someone who is patient enough and has emotional and mental fortitude.

I don't believe the way crypto markets operate one should hold when the investment is well diversified. I think the retail investors should cash out their profit in every cycle.

The goal is to hit that 10x on the original investment, then take the profit and flush it to a more stable investment vehicles such as regular stock markets. And as you age, profits from those riskier investments such as stock should be siphoned to more conservative investments -- dividends/bonds etc.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 390
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Actually, you already know how the market moves, especially in the current situation and the setback that occurs is only temporary or a healthy correction, because after this the market will bounce back and we are approaching the halving and Bitcoin is also experiencing a setback and everything is only temporary.
And the attitude we have to face now is, we have to remain calm and don't panic. It is best to take advantage of these pullback moments to accumulate your holdings and hold them for the long term until the market returns to bullish conditions and then sell them as you see fit.
Bitcoin price has been pumped very fast for a few days so the price correction of Bitcoin is affecting all other coins but it will not last long.  This is a temporary problem when Bitcoin price correction period is over when Bitcoin starts pumping again or if Bitcoin price is stable then bull market of Altcoin will start so if one wants to buy Altcoin now for long term holding it will be able to give good returns. so if someone have enough money for long-term investment then they can do it
Activity: 392
Merit: 185
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
Despite that am not an altcoin person, some altcoin has potential in them too but many scam coins has made it look as if all altcoin are without potentials, your question depends on the particular altcoin, some altcoin may dip and never return to their peak again amd thats because some investors that boost it earlier has now gotten alternative that better, in some cases too when there is market shift it affect altcoin and it is a normal scenario that's is bound to happen but such altcoin may bounce back when the market goes back to normal, but the thing is how will you know profit oriented projects.
Activity: 210
Merit: 39
If you look at the market you will understand that not all altcoins are the same. There are many good altcoins that can provide good longterm growth. It will be easy to prevent all currencies from sinking if you choose the right currency. The market is making new ATHs with the price of bitcoin rising and Eth and BNB performing well.
I agree with you that not all alt coins in the market will follow the same path. Bitcoin rally has seen many altcoins follow Bitcoin, especially Ethereum, BNB, Solana Coin have performed well during Bitcoin rally. Bitcoin has now taken a correction from its peak, also altcoins are following. Whether you hold on to the coin after price dumping is your decision if you have invested in the right coin. Although Ethereum and BNB Coin have dropped in value, I hope they will show their peak performance in the upcoming bull season.
Activity: 154
Merit: 33
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Like you said that you've multiple of AltCoins being invested and had made appreciative out of them, I don't know the value of your profits right now either did I know the projects of AltCoins you invested on but all I can say is that the market is getting on setbacks probably investors is not being encouraged to buy and invest more on Bitcoin since the market cap for bitcoin is not going so interesting for Investors at the moment.

So if you feel your asset holding do still have you the value to count profits of it then sell off because probably the market would go lower than. Expected.
Imagine bitcoin in just last week that hitted over $72,000 is hovering within &60,000 - $61,000 today.
That's to say more setbacks awaits the market but it you know you're holding the potential and reputable AltCoins that may not be advisable to hold for a long time such as the MemeCoins then you can keep up holding while the market rises again but be aware that it's all about time.
Ask yourself what your what is the ability of your emotions to withstand the situations when it goes against your wills?
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1315
My reasoning is, the whales have dumped their Bitcoin on the institutional investors/Trads in recent months as the Bitcoin ETFs have become available, but they are only seeing bag holders on the alt-coin side, and not seeing newcomers to buy alt-coins from them in order to eventually dump them on the newcomers.

My dilemma is, should I sell now, wait for the short-term pull back, go back in and sell in the long term, or is this a foolish sentiment?
Well its up to your judgement actually. I believe this is an expected retracement prior to bitcoin halving whereas observed as well during last time. After that the real bull season happened and some alts are pumped like sky rockets. But Im not sure if history will repeat itself but as an altcoin trader I think is inevitable and bound to happen anyway. Probably with the new narrative tokens.
Activity: 602
Merit: 749
The volatility of bitcoin/altcoins has been known for a long time, and speculation helps us anticipate eventualities. IMO, accumulating altcoins that have dropped sharply in price in the short term, the altcoin market has many projects competing with each other. Projects that do not have development potential or do not meet market needs may be overlooked by investors, leading to price drops. Some cases of market manipulation can cause altcoin prices to increase or decrease dramatically.

Not every altcoins that have dropped in price should be worthy of buying as they mightn't have the ability to rise again. Many memecoin that have fallen with the price corrections won't rise again as investors will be looking for newly memecoin to buy and not buying old ones this is the reason we're suppose to avoid chasing after memecoin hype. Some altcoins will rise back as they have good fundamentals and investors will want to get them cheap as they're, right now.

Altcoins are always going to dip when Bitcoin dips as Bitcoin is the controller of the market and investors will be looking for profits after the market has pumped very high as it did last week. When you see profits in an altcoin that you bought, it's always good to take profits and keep them in stablecoin as the market can always dump anytime and you might not be aware of the dump ad altcoins will always dump.
Activity: 1365
Merit: 107
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
Hi all,

First time posting here. I have a bit of alt-coins in my tax free account where I can trade regularly without incurring taxes (cannot distribute).

My investments across multiple alt-coins have yielded handsomely in the past 1+ year. My question is:

Should we expect a relatively big pull back in the short term (30%+) with the top 50 alt-coins in the next two months?

I know the market appears to be in a mid-way bull market rally, but after a relatively strong upward movement recently, I feel like there has to be a temporary drop for the market to breath. Given that I wouldn't be paying taxes on these sales, and crypto doesn't have a wash sale rule like equities, I wanted to grab my profit and wait for this hypothetical pull back before investing again for a bigger gain down the road when we might see 5x - 10x by the end of this year, or early next year.

My reasoning is, the whales have dumped their Bitcoin on the institutional investors/Trads in recent months as the Bitcoin ETFs have become available, but they are only seeing bag holders on the alt-coin side, and not seeing newcomers to buy alt-coins from them in order to eventually dump them on the newcomers.

My dilemma is, should I sell now, wait for the short-term pull back, go back in and sell in the long term, or is this a foolish sentiment?

UPDATE (March 19): Well, f*ck me! My hunch was right, and I missed the opportunity. Diamond hand prevailed.
The market experiences volatility, which is the fluctuation of prices upwards and downwards. While some profit, others incur losses. If you're skilled at reading and analyzing trading candles, you can sell your altcoins and buy back at lower prices. However, if you're not adept at trading and rely solely on your intuition, it's better to hold onto them until the 2025 bull run.

Activity: 644
Merit: 155
We'll just need to monitor to see how far it'll pullback for now ($45,000?). This cycle is actually turning out to be a bit more compressed, but ask me about this comment in two years, and I'll tell you how wrong I was.  Wink

Well, the pullback looks pretty serious so far, it started when Bitcoin was at $73k and has already dropped down to $61k and it keeps going down. Though we can't be sure whether it will reach $45k or near that area or not, I'm pretty sure that we are going to see it going deeper than $55k at least before it starts recovering.
The halving event is still pretty far from where we are standing, a week's time should be enough for it to drop to those levels, if it takes longer than that and the halving arrives, it might start recovering right after the halving event.
The drop in Bitcoin has had a big impact on altcoins, and currently the price of Bitcoin is at $62K and is approaching $63K and I hope that the price of Bitcoin does not return to the price of $61K. Because if that happens and there is a decline below $60 there is a possibility that the price of Bitcoin will continue to fall by 50% from its highest price, but I don't hope that doesn't happen. However, after the halving, prices will rise again because we are almost close to it.
So in my opinion, the possibility of an altcoin decline still exists as long as the Bitcoin price does not reverse direction significantly.
Because Bitcoin experienced a fairly deep decline, altcoins also corrected. but in my opinion that is a good thing, because you can buy altcoins at cheap prices. because when the halving occurs, the price of bitcoin will rise as will altcoins. that's the right time to take profit in the short term.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
We'll just need to monitor to see how far it'll pullback for now ($45,000?). This cycle is actually turning out to be a bit more compressed, but ask me about this comment in two years, and I'll tell you how wrong I was.  Wink

Well, the pullback looks pretty serious so far, it started when Bitcoin was at $73k and has already dropped down to $61k and it keeps going down. Though we can't be sure whether it will reach $45k or near that area or not, I'm pretty sure that we are going to see it going deeper than $55k at least before it starts recovering.
The halving event is still pretty far from where we are standing, a week's time should be enough for it to drop to those levels, if it takes longer than that and the halving arrives, it might start recovering right after the halving event.
The drop in Bitcoin has had a big impact on altcoins, and currently the price of Bitcoin is at $62K and is approaching $63K and I hope that the price of Bitcoin does not return to the price of $61K. Because if that happens and there is a decline below $60 there is a possibility that the price of Bitcoin will continue to fall by 50% from its highest price, but I don't hope that doesn't happen. However, after the halving, prices will rise again because we are almost close to it.
So in my opinion, the possibility of an altcoin decline still exists as long as the Bitcoin price does not reverse direction significantly.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 292
The volatility of bitcoin/altcoins has been known for a long time, and speculation helps us anticipate eventualities. IMO, accumulating altcoins that have dropped sharply in price in the short term, the altcoin market has many projects competing with each other. Projects that do not have development potential or do not meet market needs may be overlooked by investors, leading to price drops. Some cases of market manipulation can cause altcoin prices to increase or decrease dramatically.

In the long term, such volatility stimulates many people to pay attention to crypto, and importantly, the main volatility is still from bitcoin. Before investing in any altcoin, investors should thoroughly research the project technology, development team and application potential.
I really agree with the results of your analysis.  Indeed bitcoin has risen as high as possible and there will definitely be a correction.  But I think this correction is not significant.  We still see that the positive trend is still very high.  Especially with the Bitcoin halving plan in the near future and the ETF on ETH, this will again be the best moment in the crypto journey and big bullish will occur again.  I think your idea is very good to sell it now partly to keep the profit, and buy it again at a lower price.  However, you have to be careful and really do the analysis to look for other entry and exit points on your curve. All the best for you.

That's actually what I've been thinking. With halving around the corner, perhaps whatever correction we will have in late March to mid April will be short lived. Afterward, there is going to be a rise and time to sale alt-coins, and buy back when it pulls back more heavily afterward for another short-term slum.
-snip-

If you'd followed your mind on the day you opened this thread, you would have been happy now by saving your head from the pullback we are massively experiencing these days across the market board. This is well-expected because top altcoins have been pumping and pumping for too long, there is a need for them to observe the needed and due correction.

But you are wrong about the whales dumping Bitcoin, it's a collecting supply, because on the 15th of this month when you opened this thread, Bitcoin still tested $70,000 again, you can't compare it to what has been happening since then. This should not be a surprise to anyone since the market will surely face some supplies, it must not always be in demand as we witnessed it mostly since 2023, and at this time, many whales are still holding their Bitcoin, and the same goes for the institutions' holders and private individual with Bitcoin no matter the size. That's why the price is still very well above $60,000. If not, you might have seen it dropping lower than $30,000 pretty fast.

I can only wish you'd sold already at that time to reinvest later. Peradventure, if you did not follow your instinct then, you might not need it again because the altcoin might retrace a little lower before it starts climbing again to move even higher than where the recent correction started.

I think I used a wrong terminology here which has created some confusion for some of the readers. By dumping I meant whales selling to the willing buyers, a.k.a. institutional/trad investors, when demand was high in the first quarter of 2024. The inflow of these new investors has slowed, leading to the current correction. Whales are holding to whatever left of their Bitcoins which is still a massive amount in relative terms, but they did sell enough to ETF funds to get the party started.

And as the fairy tale goes... I didn't sell much. Only a few slow earners that hadn't done well since early 2023 relative to other coins. I was happy to get rid of them for 30% profit. My tax-free account is also relatively smaller to my long-term investment which will be dumped once we get closer to the end of this cycle (and I say that as if I have a magic 8 ball in my hand).
Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

2 months for about 30% down? possibly yes, right after the bitcoin halving takes place, there could be a good chance for some alts to consolidate allowing investors to re-enter the market after a strong upward trend. A lot of them would be selling their bags just exactly what you're planning to do right now. However, that's actually gonna be a huge risk if you're not being able to buy back within that time frame. As we all know the next several months after the halving everything in crypto market goes crazy.
IMO, you're all good to sell now as long as you're satisfied with the profit, there's always gonna be a perfect time to buy back even lower than then 30% pull back and even outside that time frame you set, since you're planning for a long term investment. I'm not an expert of anything, that's just my 2 cents.

The investment in question is in a tax-free account which I can buy and sell repeatedly, therefore, I can take advantage of volatility of the market. The downside with these accounts are that the selection is limited and fees are higher than Defi or CEX (network+exchange). My long term investment is not going to be touched till we reached the euphoria stage.
had you made your mind few days ago you've already made the right call, the market does indeed corrected, even when bitcoin is rising up to $70k so many people are already predicting that there gonna be a pullback anyway you know its like tradition in crypto world whenever there's a bitcoin massive rally the correction always awaits at the end of the day.
therefore its kinda obvious.
but honestly this pullback just means more accumulation, if you successfully sold your altcoin at the peak, you can try to buy again to get massive profit since its obviously gonna climb up again anyway imagine a correction when the market sentiment is full of greed people are buying, thats why the pullback is not so massive.
but then again don't take this as a financial advice. but you should do analysation of your own.

Yes, but I am not trying to accumulate moving forward unless it's part of my Roth IRA account since I believe this cycle's highs will occur before April 2025, and I don't want to get clobbered by short-term capital gain rates. Whatever I've already bought in my taxable account in 2022/2023 will stay with me till I sell it for 20% tax rate. I just wanted to play with my tax-free account while we go through these emotions. Bull market 1 - 0 Me so far.

I don't know where your assumptions are coming from. No one is dumping Bitcoin on anyone. What we've seen so far in the market is expected. It's called market correction. Those who got in early will always find a way of taking profit, either partially or completely with an aim to buy back cheap. This action of theirs can trigger paper hands to panic and dump without knowing why others are dumping. Anyone who's dumping Bitcoin now is doing themselves a disservice because Bitcoin is yet to experience its halving which is the main thing that makes price to skyrocket.
What I meant by dumping is that the Bitcoin whales were selling in mass to institutional investors because the demand had been strong.
Activity: 140
Merit: 34
     Most of the altcoins actually passed a few days in correction or declining their price value. And there are many people who think that there is a problem, and someone just pumped, and now they dumped. Assuming that there is truth in what some say, but not all are like that. I agree with what I saw and noticed.

Now, most of what I noticed about the top altcoins is that when there was a decline in Bitcoin, altcoins, meme coins, and NFT also followed. And I'm also sure that when the price of Bitcoin rises again, the price of altcoins will also rise.

As of yesterday bitcoin price was declined to $62,000 even most of the altcoins like Dodgecoin, ethereum,bnb, matic,and some others was declined also,even till now bitcoin has not recovered from it current value.i think this is the right time to invest on bitcoin now that bitcoin has decreased to this value,what did you think guys?
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412
I wonder if OP actually sold his portfolio four days after posting this and is starting to buyback now. Good job if he could time it properly but that's easier said than done. Other people may just let this pullback run its course and still DCA to take advantage of the "blood on the streets" if they still have the funds.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit

Should we expect a relatively big pull back in the short term (30%+) with the top 50 alt-coins in the next two months?

I know the market appears to be in a mid-way bull market rally, but after a relatively strong upward movement recently, I feel like there has to be a temporary drop for the market to breath. Given that I wouldn't be paying taxes on these sales, and crypto doesn't have a wash sale rule like equities, I wanted to grab my profit and wait for this hypothetical pull back before investing again for a bigger gain down the road when we might see 5x - 10x by the end of this year, or early next year.

2 months for about 30% down? possibly yes, right after the bitcoin halving takes place, there could be a good chance for some alts to consolidate allowing investors to re-enter the market after a strong upward trend. A lot of them would be selling their bags just exactly what you're planning to do right now. However, that's actually gonna be a huge risk if you're not being able to buy back within that time frame. As we all know the next several months after the halving everything in crypto market goes crazy.
IMO, you're all good to sell now as long as you're satisfied with the profit, there's always gonna be a perfect time to buy back even lower than then 30% pull back and even outside that time frame you set, since you're planning for a long term investment. I'm not an expert of anything, that's just my 2 cents.
Pages:
Jump to: