Pages:
Author

Topic: Are the fucking silk road coins sold ? - page 2. (Read 3934 times)

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
June 30, 2014, 04:17:28 PM
What is going to happen:

1. Someone buys the coins for $500.
2. Tells everyone his bid at $800 was turned down.
3. Waits until we are all done panic buying.
4. Dumps his coins with prodigious profit.

It would be wise to mistrust any information 'leaked' on this topic, especially if bullish.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1137
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
June 29, 2014, 07:52:24 PM
There is no need for all this FUD, rumors and drama.  Just read this:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/faqs.pdf

For those to lazy to click the above link and read all three pages, just read this:

10. What information about the auction process or results will the USMS release?

The USMS will contact the winning and losing bidders directly. The USMS will not publicly
release any information pertaining to the auction process or results.

11. What information about the auction process or results might be available through a FOIA
request?

Agency records or information which is not covered by one or more of the FOIA’s Exemptions is
subject to disclosure. Such determinations will be made in accordance with
Department of Justice regulations available at http://www.justice.gov/oip/04_1_1.html and
title28-vol1-part16.xml#seqnum16.8.

I know that is not a much fun as making shit up.  Sorry about that.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
June 29, 2014, 07:48:06 PM
Looking through the official posting at: http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/2014/bitcoins/

I noticed this:
Bidder Qualification. The USMS reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason whatsoever. The USMS reserves the right to sell all, some or none of the bitcoins at auction.

So maybe nobody will ever know anything except the people at the USMS.   Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
June 29, 2014, 07:45:39 PM
Fucking hillbilly americans.

This is an internet forum and thus international. Insulting an entire nation is pretty stupid.

Sure , there are many arrogant "Ugly Americans" but while all hillbillies may be Americans, not all Americans are hillbillies.

Where are you from?

By the way, there are also good looking hillbillies.  Just sayin' ...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
June 29, 2014, 07:16:58 PM
When the government auctions off assets in a closed auction, do they disclose the final results? I think we may all be waiting around for news, when there will be none.

Just watch the blockchain to see about transer of the coins.  Once the coins start going out from the slik road addy, then you know they got sold and delivered even if you don't know who bought them.

Sure, we can see when the coins move. But that tells us nothing about the "results" -- people want to know what price they went for, since apparently they think the exchange markets will quickly head to that price. I'm not convinced on that point, anyway.

me neither, i'm not convinced with both these points

1) most people seem to think they went at a discount, i disagree

2) people think the price will drop because of this, i disagree

the price has already dropped (and for some reason partially recovered), and some of it was probably caused by the FUD around the auction. If the price is higher than expected i believe the price might surge upwards a little, but i don't think it will gravitate towards the exact price. It could however have and effect on the market sentiment. Either positive or negative.

Totaly agree with you on this one. Dips and recoverys are normal in theese situations where daytraders are trying to exloit every news there is to their benefit i.e. disrupt market stability, cause waves, and by doing so make profit daytrading.
Nothing new, we've seen this happen over and over again, so if you're experienced trader, thy to gain more coins, and if ure not , well dont trade at all until things settle down.
legendary
June 29, 2014, 04:41:09 PM
When the government auctions off assets in a closed auction, do they disclose the final results? I think we may all be waiting around for news, when there will be none.

Just watch the blockchain to see about transer of the coins.  Once the coins start going out from the slik road addy, then you know they got sold and delivered even if you don't know who bought them.

Sure, we can see when the coins move. But that tells us nothing about the "results" -- people want to know what price they went for, since apparently they think the exchange markets will quickly head to that price. I'm not convinced on that point, anyway.

Thanks now I understand the point of the inquiry.  I was confused (again!) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005
June 29, 2014, 04:36:30 PM

me neither, i'm not convinced with both these points

1) most people seem to think they went at a discount, i disagree

2) people think the price will drop because of this, i disagree

the price has already dropped (and for some reason partially recovered), and some of it was probably caused by the FUD around the auction. If the price is higher than expected i believe the price might surge upwards a little, but i don't think it will gravitate towards the exact price. It could however have and effect on the market sentiment. Either positive or negative.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Buy and sell bitcoins,
June 29, 2014, 04:24:12 PM

Activity: 624
June 29, 2014, 04:15:13 PM
Guys? The losers can come forward too you know, why does nobody mention that?

Are you a bidder in the auction? Are you familiar with the terms? As it is a closed/private auction, how are you so sure that participants are not subject to non-disclosure requirements?

They're not.

Interesting. So you are a bidder? Or you have seen something to this effect from a reliable source? Pardon me if I don't simply take your word for it. Smiley I have a feeling this sort of deal comes with some fine print.
legendary
June 29, 2014, 04:12:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 4738
You're never too old to think young.
June 29, 2014, 04:12:28 PM
Fucking hillbilly americans.

This is an internet forum and thus international. Insulting an entire nation is pretty stupid.

Sure , there are many arrogant "Ugly Americans" but while all hillbillies may be Americans, not all Americans are hillbillies.

Where are you from?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
June 29, 2014, 04:11:26 PM

Are you a bidder in the auction? Are you familiar with the terms? As it is a closed/private auction, how are you so sure that participants are not subject to non-disclosure requirements?

They're not.
June 29, 2014, 04:10:59 PM

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
June 29, 2014, 04:09:29 PM
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
June 29, 2014, 04:06:17 PM
They will not disclose the results it will take the winner/winners to come forward and say they won OR someone will have to file a Freedom of information act. Case closed.
June 29, 2014, 04:01:12 PM
Activity: 616
June 29, 2014, 03:58:38 PM
this selling is just the first batch of the Silk Road coins, most of them still are with the FBI

And no news until monday, just be patient
Buy and sell bitcoins,
June 29, 2014, 03:18:21 PM
Patient, not stupid. The next auction will be in years once the court case is settled.

Sure. I'd be surprised if it dragged out years, as I didn't really expect it to go to trial from the looks of the case (Ulbricht being such a dumbass and all). But time will tell, I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278
June 29, 2014, 03:08:15 PM
Patient, not stupid. The next auction will be in years once the court case is settled.
Buy and sell bitcoins,
June 29, 2014, 03:06:20 PM
The winners are decided. As for the losers, I think the types of investors who are looking to acquire these lots are patient. Considering the size of the rest of the SR cache, there will be more auctions in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: