Pages:
Author

Topic: Are The World's Finances That Bad, Is It Good for Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 2641 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

Adding insult to injury, the Italian government has banned cash transactions above 1,000 euros and rolled out a new army of tax police to seize people’s assets in a guilty-til-proven innocent system.[/b]

Have you got a link for this?
I can confirm there is a 1000€ top, there was a proposal to lower it to 500... and i can also confirm about the new "anti tax evasion" thing.

Bitcoin is exactly what Argentina need. It is the right thing at the right time over there. I can't wait to see how it develops.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

Adding insult to injury, the Italian government has banned cash transactions above 1,000 euros and rolled out a new army of tax police to seize people’s assets in a guilty-til-proven innocent system.[/b]

I can confirm there is a 1000€ top, there was a proposal to lower it to 500... and i can also confirm about the new "anti tax evasion" thing.
Activity: 854
You should see Argentina's economy.  Bitcoins are exploding there.

From today's Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/08/21/five-surprising-facts-about-bitcoin-2/
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Over 6% fees is ridiculous. As if you would use anything other than cash if that was the case.  Roll Eyes

Could use Bitcoin Grin

Just found France is doing the same.
Over 6% fees is ridiculous. As if you would use anything other than cash if that was the case.  Roll Eyes

I read it here:

https://www.facebook.com/BitCoinThailand
Interesting you asked, I could not find anything to substantiate the report on the net.  Strange there is not more reports on the limit.

I have just found this link:

http://www.globalblue.com/corporate/news/italys-policy-on-cash-payments-limits-sales/

I read it here:

https://www.facebook.com/BitCoinThailand
Activity: 169
Merit: 101
Jon Holmquist
Look up the civil forfeiture cases in the U.S.

There was just an article the other day about it being abused.

It certainly showcases some degree of corruption and maybe desperation in the U.S... But your question is whether it is good for Bitcoin...

Maybe.

The best thing for Bitcoin right now would be for the government to allow self-regulation inside the Bitcoin industry.

They'd only do that if they didn't feel threatened, right?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Indians have long loved gold for a reason. Actually a great crowd in terms of alternatives to currency for Bitcoin to expand into. Especially so with all the controls the Indian  government as been putting on gold imports.

legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
Of course the whole fiat system crashing is good for bitcoin. This is why most of us are here.
People are looking for alternatives like bitcoin.
Have just read the following article and others recently and wonder if this is good for Bitcoin.

"The news this morning tells us that Thailand is in recession. Indonesia is in a bear market.

India’s currency is plunging so rapidly that the government is desperately implementing capital controls. Japan’s trade deficit was the third worst on record last month.

Here in Italy, unemployment is at a record high, and financial-related suicides have increased 40% over last year (which itself was a record).

Adding insult to injury, the Italian government has banned cash transactions above 1,000 euros and rolled out a new army of tax police to seize people’s assets in a guilty-til-proven innocent system.

One of the bankers here, who hails from a boutique firm in Austria specializing in physical gold products, asked very plainly during lunch today: “Is there any good news?”

You bet.

The good news is that this fraudulent system of unchecked, unbacked paper currency is finally coming to an end."
Pages:
Jump to: