Pages:
Author

Topic: are there any altcoins that aren't shitcoins? - page 3. (Read 3820 times)

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
Monero and litecoin is not shitcoin for the time being.  I am not sure about the Ethereum. If one of them does not exist, it is a good coin.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
I don't care why.. they are not.

@OP
"useful" ?
There is one use for a currency.. using it.
Bitcoin can barely manage this let alone any altcoin that ever existed.

You are all delusional money grubbing greedy shit talking profiteers.
All you guys do is loiter around here year round spinning bullshit for bucks $$$
If you spent half the effort here defending shitcoins as you did on getting real adoption maybe some of this scammy bullshit would mean something.

Today's Flavor..

Coin #3,456 = Facade Coin
Tag line = "One day!"
Status = Currently traded on Poloniex (Centralized Exchange) for Bitcoin profits.
Distribution = ICO (requires getting FIAT to buy a currency that is designed to REPLACE fiat money)
Rating = Coin #3,456
Popularity = Currently being Pumped and hyped by criminals, liars and fraudsters on a scam forum.
Market Cap = Heavily Manipulated by scammers who made a shit-ton of money on their previous scam coin.

ALTCOINS  Cheesy
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
STRATIS and OPAIR

STRATIS is a good one, but OPAIR is a bad one. I see some people accused OPAIR is a scam, and after I research on this coin, I think the accusation is very possible
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
I've been investing in Alt coins more than BTC, I like the volatility of the coins. I also like to invest in ones that have unique features and active developers and community.
My favourite is Magi (XMG), it is unique due to its mining algorithm - it is purely CPU based and generates more coins when less energy is being generated to produce the coin. I really like the supply and demand economics of the coin - as it gets more popular it becomes more difficult to mine - genius idea. (Difficulty increases at hash rate decreases), coin has had a lot of market action recently.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
There are just few real legit coins.

but then everyone is trying to own a coin these days, just look at the Announcement section and you'll see the list of ICO from coins of same concept. They're all shit but still get hundreds of investors depositing their BTC. Owning a coin is one of the best business these days.  I could create one later to secure my future.

STRATIS and OPAIR

OPIAR is the shittest among if there's such word.

Activity: 770
Merit: 629
In as much as there are pump-and-dump altcoins, there are a few that try to solve fundamental problems with bitcoin.

For me, the most fundamental problem in bitcoin is the transparency, and hence I think that coins like dash, but especially, monero, have something valuable.  I'm not a monero shill, and it is not monero itself that is important.  It is because it is based on cryptonote, which itself is based upon ring signatures, the technology that is missing from bitcoin.  If I'm reluctant to use bitcoin (although I do, a little bit), it is its traceability.  Bitcoin is essentially like having your bank account and transactions on a public web site.  The pseudo anonymity of addresses which Satoshi proposed, essentially failed because of the networking effect.

As we can see with ethereum, the fork, and the stopping by exchanges of the ETC the "white hats" tried to exchange, we see the problem with this, and the problem with the non-fungible nature of traceable coins.  Even though this is now done "for morality", soon, when states will mix in, the traceability and the colouring of coins will be worse than with banking.  A thieves/fiscal inspection with bitcoin or any other traceable coin will be worse than with banking.  You will even have to justify the $500,- you got from your aunt on your anniversary.   You will have to justify *everything*.  Power over you will be total with traceable crypto.  And if ever you do something "wrong", your coins will be coloured, no merchant or institution will be able to accept them, you won't even be able to buy some bread with it.

Anonymity is the totally overlooked aspect of crypto, and this is why I think that altcoins like dash, and much more so, like monero, are important, even if they are left aside by most gamblers (private and institutional) that pump the market cap of crypto.
Activity: 770
Merit: 629
There are coins with solid devs but the problem is that no one really cares about that. They're all out for a pump.

Essentially, how's that different for bitcoin (except maybe that one is expecting the "pump" to be "moon" "in a few years") ?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
No.

Why is that my vote ?

Adoption.. which Altcoin has reached parity or exceeded Bitcoins level of real adoption ?

NONE.

The reason is people don't care about understanding money while the current fiat system kind of mostly works for them. Bitcoin adoption is a drop in the bucket of trillions of daily financial transactions. Bitcoin absorbed a good part of the geeks of the world who have some understanding of the nature of money. Normal people haven't adopted it and are happy paying $25 fees to wire their money by bank transfers. Geeks who don't have understanding of the nature of money are normal people, paying $25 for bank wires.
Here is the math.
0.01% of all geeks of the world understand the nature of money as it's applied in Bitcoin.
0.001% of normal people understand the nature of money.
Adoption is zilch. Bitcoin, not Bitcoin, regardless.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
No.

Why is that my vote ?

Adoption.. which Altcoin has reached parity or exceeded Bitcoins level of real adoption ?

NONE.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
 Cheesy    ZEIT     Cheesy

only coin backed by The ZEIT KNIGHTS
Each Knight holds 100 Million coins as long as they live.
Next Knight Registration is March 2017.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 910
In my opinion alt coins who has fungtion is ripple and The price is stable, has big volume too. And for altcoins who has innovation is ethereum classic, it has big volume trading too. But they are instrument of Investment so make sure make Investment with you can lost it.
Activity: 596
Merit: 251
I think Dash shows a lot of promise and has a solid feature set both currently and in the works.

Pablo.
They are in tight competition with Vcash. Wink
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
If any of these new altcoins has been able to beat the hegemony of bitcoin during all these years of intensive development of advanced cryptocurrencies, I don't know why it would be recommendable to hold them when we can get the strongest one: the Bitcoin.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Try to  use a free website to see all top 100 altcoin to choose try coinmarketcap and choose top 20 altcoin those altcoin are legit for me.
Just try to choose top 10 or choose what you want in top 20 those are not shitcoins..
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
ADZcoin is in my opinion one of the best coins to raise in value check out the project here

www.adzcoindesk.com
legendary
Activity: 1183
I think Dash shows a lot of promise and has a solid feature set both currently and in the works.

Pablo.
Activity: 535
Merit: 250
Love me tender
STRATIS and OPAIR
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Good point, but most of these coins are disasters in the lab and everywhere else.   The older ones like ltc, doge, and dash--I'd say they're not shitcoins, but everyone here is going to have a different opinion,  and there isn't a consensus.   So I don't think OP is really going to get a good answer.   I think he's going to have to figure it out himself.  Most of the altcoin scene is total garbage and I can't see the vast majority of coins lasting more than a few years.

Figuring it out yourself is very hard unless you're a coding god and psychic at the same time. It's a real shame the alt scene has so massively screwed itself but I guess it's inevitable.

Maybe there should be a mutually agreed upon weekly alt stress test or something where people do their best to hammer them, but I guess that'll be just as corrupt as everything else.

and this thread's gonna degenerate into a list of everyone's bagholdings so it's probably best to lock it now.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Only some of them, I suppose.
Pages:
Jump to: