Pages:
Author

Topic: Are there any free cryptocurrencies? - page 3. (Read 2134 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin
July 09, 2014, 05:13:22 PM
not sure if it is what you are looking for but take a look at Credits CRD https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-credits-crd-with-20-decentralized-exchangeanonmarketmore-peak-july-2nd-634403 http://vimeo.com/100148381

Free software in the form of open source etc has become very powerful. Could the same happen with cryptocurrencies? Are there any cryptocurrencies today that are truly free, meaning no fees, costs or exchange rates?

How much is one Facebook like worth? How much is one YouTube view worth? How much is one click on a link worth? People's attention is becoming more and more valuable it seems. Attention, without money.

Also, demographics and psychographics and so on are becoming increasingly valuable. Again, no money involved directly.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 09, 2014, 04:52:13 PM
So you thinking of a decentralized store?

The only things stored in the Freecoin block chain are the unique user IDs and the domain names for the owners of the coins, plus a value A or B. Class A means original Freecoin, i.e. a user has directly payed the coin to the domain owner. Class B means that the coin has been transferred to another owner. So each freecoin has only three data fields: user_id, domain and class.

Freecoins are generated by genuine users paying with their attention/interest/like. So the users don't have any freecoins stored in their wallets. Instead, a new freecoin is generated automatically when the user pays.

how i can see it's nor an cryptocurrency yet - there is^

no anonymity(anonymity = many accounts to one person as the fundamental point)
no safety (if it costs nothing in usd(or euro, or whores) - it meant nothing, there are no real need to keep it safe

it looks more like marketing idea then real currensy. not bad marketing idea. thank you  Grin

Maybe the anonymity issue can be solved by having encrypted user IDs. I personally wouldn't want to pay with Freecoin on say a dirty website, lol, unless my user ID was securely encrypted.

There is a need to ensure that when a domain owner claims for example that they have received 10,000 freecoins in one day, that the claim can be objectively verified to be true. That's where the block chain is useful.
Activity: 364
July 09, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
We are wanna make a new cryptocoin?
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
July 09, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

The only things stored in the Freecoin block chain are the unique user IDs and the domain names for the owners of the coins, plus a value A or B. Class A means original Freecoin, i.e. a user has directly payed the coin to the domain owner. Class B means that the coin has been transferred to another owner. So each freecoin has only three data fields: user_id, domain and class.

Freecoins are generated by genuine users paying with their attention/interest/like. So the users don't have any freecoins stored in their wallets. Instead, a new freecoin is generated automatically when the user pays.

how i can see it's nor an cryptocurrency yet - there is^

no anonymity(anonymity = many accounts to one person as the fundamental point)
no safety (if it costs nothing in usd(or euro, or whores) - it meant nothing, there are no real need to keep it safe

it looks more like marketing idea then real currensy. not bad marketing idea. thank you  Grin

July 09, 2014, 04:03:46 PM

July 09, 2014, 03:34:32 PM
July 09, 2014, 02:55:41 PM
Exchanging a free cryptocurrency into other crypto or fiat currencies could be tricky. Instead the free currency could have intrinsic value separate from money. Take for example this use case:

1. A user visits a website.
2. The user clicks 'Pay Freecoin'.
3. The transaction is stored on a block chain with information about the website domain.
4. The website owners can then prove publicly that they had one user attention.

one question: is the "intrinsic value" serious enough reason to create and push-up the alt?
it looks like meta-karma.

and what about getting freecoins?  I have to mine the air?

The miners will be awarded one Freecoin when they add a transaction to the block chain. So for example cloudminer.com could collect a lot of freecoins.

And freecoins could even be transferred between wallets. When transferred, the domain for the freecoins will be replaced, such as somedomain.com to anotherdomain.com.

One problem is to ensure unique and real user identities. Otherwise bots could quickly fill up the block chain with fraud payments.

Would there be any real useful value in Freecoin if it would work like that? I don't know yet. Grin

(The name Freecoin is already taken so another altcoin name would have to be used in practice.)
Activity: 51
July 09, 2014, 02:32:12 PM
Exchanging a free cryptocurrency into other crypto or fiat currencies could be tricky. Instead the free currency could have intrinsic value separate from money. Take for example this use case:

3. The transaction is stored on a block chain with information about the website domain.

one question: is the "intrinsic value" serious enough reason to create and push-up the alt?
it looks like meta-karma.

and what about getting freecoins?  I have to mine the air?
July 09, 2014, 01:30:34 PM

July 09, 2014, 01:13:49 PM
Money move the world. DOGE had no fees in the begginning bot not now. You can make your own cryptocoin.

But user attention is a form of currency! Well, if stretching the definition a bit at least.
July 09, 2014, 01:11:47 PM
Money move the world. DOGE had no fees in the begginning bot not now. You can make your own cryptocoin.
July 09, 2014, 01:08:19 PM
hmm 
cryptocurrency without price?  Huh

Yes! The value could instead of price be in the information about users/usage. Simply the attention from users is perhaps valuable enough to be put in a block chain. I'm just speculating here and haven't thought it through yet. Smiley
Activity: 13
July 09, 2014, 12:58:20 PM
hmm 
cryptocurrency without price?  Huh
July 09, 2014, 12:09:21 PM
Free software in the form of open source etc has become very powerful. Could the same happen with cryptocurrencies? Are there any cryptocurrencies today that are truly free, meaning no fees, costs or exchange rates?

How much is one Facebook like worth? How much is one YouTube view worth? How much is one click on a link worth? People's attention is becoming more and more valuable it seems. Attention, without money.

Also, demographics and psychographics and so on are becoming increasingly valuable. Again, no money involved directly.
Pages:
Jump to: