Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we hodling BTC or we are hodling Fiat?? - page 6. (Read 705 times)

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642
In my opinion, BTC volatility is a powerful market wave that should keep investors in profit especially with DCA method. because if price is the major concern over the amount of BTC an investor is able to gather as prices keep fluctuating, it invariably means it is fiat he is holding and not BTC.
 It will only be regarded as BTC holding if every price wave adds to it.
Price should not be the major concern. Value is what we are aiming for.
But these days, value is measured by how much USD is it. That's why.

It will be difficult to make it as a currency like fiat as long as the volatility is intact but there are merchants who are taking this risks just so they could prove it is a currency and also an asset at the same time.
Do we really need to define Bitcoin if it is an asset or a currency?
USD is being stored by most people outside the US because of its high value in their area. Does that mean it is an asset although it is fiat?
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
Bitcoin is both a digital currency and an investment; and also, it is whatever you want to use it for.

That's what's great about it — you can use it for whatever purpose you see fit, and I don't care what that specific purpose is(nor should I care).
Activity: 2912
Merit: 900
Everyone is free to HODL whatever he(or she) wants. It can be Bitcoin or fiat. It can be both as well.
Everyone is free to use Bitcoin however he(or she) wants. You can use it as a currency(assuming that enough merchants accept BTC payments in your area) or you can use it as an investment.
There's no contraction or dichotomy here.

Nope. Bitcoin HODLing during a price crash and/or a bear market can be considered HODLing as well.
You make profits or loses only when you sell. This is basic rule in crypto trading(and maybe stock trading as well).
Keeping an asset with a price, that is dropping might make you think that you are losing money, but in reality you lose money only when you sell at lower price than your buying price.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
 This may look weird, but follow closely while I drive my point home. In 2009, Satoshi developed Bitcoin with the intention of building a digital peer-2-peer currency that has no centralized authority, right?
 Yeah, but as volatility of prices kept fluctuating, BTC enthusiasts started deviating from the initial idea of a digital currency to seeing it as an investment option.

Bitcoin price, after it's ATH of $69.045, there has been series of panic as prices kept devaluing against fiat, causing investors more concerns about the BTC value compared to fiat, as against it's initial aim of being a peer-2-peer network.

Been that Bitcoin is not backed by any centralized authority, community or asset, it is therefore wise first as a currency and not as a store of value; especially for salary earners in developing countries, low income earners and those who live on wages.
 Because to be profitable in BTC investment, one must be a high salary earner who invests with money that has no future need, with reasons that volatility will always be a key player as long as BTC exists.

In my opinion, BTC volatility is a powerful market wave that should keep investors in profit especially with DCA method. because if price is the major concern over the amount of BTC an investor is able to gather as prices keep fluctuating, it invariably means it is fiat he is holding and not BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: