Pages:
Author

Topic: Are we losing the Meta board? - page 2. (Read 424 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586
September 22, 2018, 11:28:42 AM
It was the same back in January/February when merit was first introduced. It was a complete spam fest for a week or more.

It eventually settled down when the newbies realized that spamming here achieved nothing - the best thing to do is just ignore them. They will return to their ANN threads soon enough.
Activity: 845
Merit: 56
September 22, 2018, 11:22:58 AM
I think moderators should start deleting crap topics. Not just in meta board. And in many boards same topics are opened over and over and over again. Literally you go back a page or two and you get the same topic discussed 5 times.
Activity: 80
Merit: 71
September 22, 2018, 11:02:21 AM
Well, we all know the recent events regarding the merit for becoming a JR. Member, blabla.

But the most concerning part is all those New-Newbies coming to meta with the only goal of writing whatever they find in their minds with the absurd hope of earning the necessary merit which will provide them with the key to continue with their spamming-activities. Yes, it can be seen as a temporary thing, but when the merit system was implemented, I don't think the people thought that the merit topic will be trending every single day, for months and months (yes, I'm kind of "new" here, but I've been reading the forum from the last December).

Now, there is another kind of invasion, regarding merit -again  Huh- on the Meta board. Every single day dozens of new low-quality threads are opened, either about the new system or about whatever nonsense the spammers consider to be "brilliant" and merit deserving. So, what do you think?:
- Do you think this is a temporary thing and, sooner or later, this nightmare will stop?
- Or, on the contrary, do we need to implement some measures in order to protect one of the very last decent boards we used to have?
   - If that's the case, what measures could be implemented? A rank-restriction to meta (members and above, for instance)?
- Or maybe, do you think this is time to report any single new shitty thread made on the meta so this invasion can be stopped?

I've been away more or less a week, and this is sad to come back here and see the Meta Board in such a bad shape. Sad

Any ideas?
Pages:
Jump to: