Pages:
Author

Topic: Are You Afraid of KYC? - page 24. (Read 31678 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 0
June 23, 2018, 01:19:56 PM
I only do KYC in exchange sites and good ICO project which I want to invest and trusted. I don't do KYC for airdrops or bounties.
Activity: 2
June 21, 2018, 06:28:43 AM
KYC is a requirement of some countries' government as it is their way of regulating or being in touch with their citizens.KYC makes this market a more centralized.KYC is also for our protection.Know your customer (KYC) is a very good protective measure to secure investment
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
June 20, 2018, 01:16:11 PM
I am not afraid of KYC because for me it is natural and better like that to protect and keep the security of all the effort that we have striven to be from wrong use by irresponsible person unless I have bad intention so fair if I am afraid
Protecting your identity is not about having bad intentions, if you are not aware of it, the blockchain is open source and i do not want anyone to have a trail on my funds and i do not want to see anyone coming to my doors and having a gun on me to get my tokens. So protecting your security is more important than holding your coins in the first place, i am not sure how secure they are storing my identification details, so there are many concerns regarding it.
Activity: 94
Merit: 4
June 20, 2018, 12:50:18 PM
a little bit because the possibility that my identity can be stolen and use for personal interest is big. But I don't have choice, because this will happen I think in the future that all is require to submit kyc.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
June 20, 2018, 06:34:33 AM
I'm not afraid of him, because I do not use it. Everything is simple. I did not have any need or even curiosity to use KYC. I trust and use only the proven friends or myself. Here's a more personal choice to try.
Activity: 197
Merit: 1
June 20, 2018, 02:54:33 AM
I'm not afraid of KYC. I think KYC is legal. Sometimes there are many people who create a whole lot of fake account. and KYC has prevented that Lips sealed
Activity: 294
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
June 19, 2018, 10:32:27 PM
I'm afraid only of what may happen if my private information will appear in wrong hands. Someone simply can do illegal activity by my documents and I will be those one who will be punished and destroyed. They ask from us information by following new idea of KYC, but what about guarantees?

Same here. If we know we are sending our info to reliable authority, I am not scared but if it falls to wrong hands, its a disaster. They may used it for fraud which is rampat now adays. I hope this will be fixed or someone can build a trust system where we can rely.

Absolutely,  well as I know KYC is very important for them in order to create and gain trust between two parties. Giving a detailed informations is easy but somehow we are worried if our private informations become rampant and will able to ruin everything. Well, basically we have no choice as we are hoping to have that rewards. I'm just hoping those people l give my KYC will able to manage well and keep my identity as well as those users who undergo a KYC process.

That is the reason why I have feared in undergoing kyc because we are not sure if that project is legit enough to manage and stored privately are identities and will never use it with illegal activities.
Activity: 630
Merit: 24
June 19, 2018, 10:49:55 AM
I'm not scared, but I also understand that you can get by without this check. It should be the same with the company who owns their tokens.

I think its not the same,They are not intermediaries as in large payment companies,they just want to check the personal information which will ,,unmask swindler'' transactions. In another situation all we know what will happen,there will be too many crypto crime which is the greatest threat to progress,It means that strict and ungrounded regulations will be the greatest threat for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and not this KYC.
Merit: 103
June 19, 2018, 01:50:55 AM
n way we not afraid for the required KYCs i think its good for our security
I do not understand how it can be good for security that you transfer your personal data and copies of your documents directly into the hands of scammers? According to statistics from 902 ICO projects, a third turned out to be scammers. Even if a company that conducts an ICO and is registered in a country where it is required to conduct a KYC audit, this does not mean that such a company will not later be fraudulent.

And that is why we need to ensure that the ICO is not a scammers because not all of the ICO is a scam but still there is nothing we can do because we need to abide with the law by passing of KYC documents and government issued ID"s as per regulation policy that if we will not submit them then better not to join any Crypto currencies investments but better to join any investments that not related to crypto. Its your call.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
June 18, 2018, 10:10:26 PM
I'm afraid only of what may happen if my private information will appear in wrong hands. Someone simply can do illegal activity by my documents and I will be those one who will be punished and destroyed. They ask from us information by following new idea of KYC, but what about guarantees?

Same here. If we know we are sending our info to reliable authority, I am not scared but if it falls to wrong hands, its a disaster. They may used it for fraud which is rampat now adays. I hope this will be fixed or someone can build a trust system where we can rely.
Activity: 182
June 18, 2018, 10:07:16 PM
I think it's the fositive and negative side, where KYC is to avoid fraud and everything else but on the other side the process will be a bit stunted and takes extra time, but back to the self how to respond to it and if it is already what you want said we must follow it.
Activity: 112
June 18, 2018, 05:50:11 PM
I'm not scared, but I also understand that you can get by without this check. It should be the same with the company who owns their tokens.
Activity: 218
Merit: 12
June 18, 2018, 05:41:41 AM
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
June 18, 2018, 01:40:27 AM
Do not be afraid of what is illegal. KYC verification for the participants of the ICO generosity campaign is illegal, as we do not invest our money in these projects and can not launder dirty money. Illegal demands simply need to bypass and not participate in such ICO projects.
Activity: 154
June 15, 2018, 10:37:22 PM
Indeed KYC prevents us from scammers and from using multiple accounts, but there is also a risk that our personal info that might get a hold of it. Well, being involved in the  crytpoworld was already a risk itself, therefore, in my opinion, having a KYC is good.
Activity: 84
June 15, 2018, 09:05:18 PM
I am not afraid of KYC because for me it is natural and better like that to protect and keep the security of all the effort that we have striven to be from wrong use by irresponsible person unless I have bad intention so fair if I am afraid
Merit: 253
June 14, 2018, 01:36:34 PM
Nowadays KYC is important of all process. But most of the people don't know the KYC. So people will be know what is KYC.
KYC is know your customer. So if start the any process it will be know the customer information. But before share KYC any website. Fist check the website trusted or not.
KYC is your personal. So careful to share. So share the KYC trusted. If sell and buy then coin or token in time time. It will be ask your KYC. Next time it will be update your information but it will be never share. But website is important. So choose the trusted website. Then share.
Activity: 210
June 14, 2018, 04:39:06 AM

to avoid moshinhood it is excellent. but their personal data to give is bad. I treat KYC negatively
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
W12 – Blockchain protocol
June 13, 2018, 05:25:17 AM

I can see that soon almost exchanges and even ICO programs will be requiring us to do the KYC procedures where we are required to pass copies of our legal documents before we are granted entrance or the use of the services or programs we are interested with. This can be as common as having a password or 2FA.

Now, personally I have no big problem with it though just like anybody else am also concerned that my personal information can be divulged to anybody or a group that might use it for any illegal purpose. This is one risk we are facing once we are actively living in the online world. Evil people who can be thousands of miles away can now be just one click away.

What are your apprehensions about the KYC procedures that will soon be as popular as noodles?

I don't have arguments about KYC because as long as we are a legit people and the project ICO is a legit investment then there is nothing wrong with KYC requirements. Just make sure that the project is for real to ensure that our data will not be easily stolen because we like or not we are required to comply with the law if we want to join this crypto investment.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
June 13, 2018, 02:02:29 AM
Depends on the exchanges. I would not mind doing it on Binance and Kucoin but I will be worried if it's on Bittrex, Polo or Yobit. I don't need their promises, I just need them to be  very credible and reliable so I can entrust them with my documents.
Pages:
Jump to: