Pages:
Author

Topic: Are You Afraid of KYC? - page 7. (Read 31675 times)

hv_
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
April 05, 2020, 08:52:20 AM
Average Joes, don't care
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
February 29, 2020, 02:24:45 AM
You should be... a lot of the time there is absolutely no reason to KYC besides the fact that some bad guy somewhere wants your info to do terrible things with potentially or sell.
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
February 29, 2020, 02:15:39 AM
Kyc was invented to generate trust and mitigate crime

Bitcoin is only kinda trustless in terms of micropayment

So it is needed for exchange decent funds legally and secure
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759
February 27, 2020, 11:52:13 AM
What are your apprehensions about the KYC procedures that will soon be as popular as noodles?
* There are some people who don't think KYC is needed in the crypto world.
* Some of them are important in the world of cryoto.

Not afraid to do kyc, an object, leads to a detrimental factor for someone who gives his real identity.

These two things always contradict each other, my opinion if the kyc is in accordance with the expectations that our personal data can be safely accounted for does not matter, for example in the trading market.

What's worse is that KYC is not as expected, for example people do work in the campaign field, after doing KYC given tokens to participants, if sold for $ 5 dollars, this is annoying KCY.

That's where the kyc controversy occurred with most people in the crypto world.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
February 25, 2020, 05:42:48 AM
I'm additionally apprehensive on KYC in light of the fact that it can truly be use into filthy things, yet I can't take care of business since I have to top it off as one of a necessities in huge trades. Simply be cautious on giving your data on any ICO in light of the fact that the hazard is high there.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
February 23, 2020, 04:16:34 PM
I do not mind to KYC in regards to making my funds are legit. I DO mind the fact that a company stores my personal data and I have no way of telling how it is stored, if it has been leaked (during a hack) etc.

Most times KYC is not for disclosure purpose but to guarantee security of fund, so that third party won't run away with investors money. So it is a bar on the owner of fund only when KYC corresponds to provided information already and a total bar and exclusion of a third party.

This is what I'm talking about: https://www.coindesk.com/binance-kyc-issue

I don't like my information leaked on the internet like that, especially when it involves selfies/pictures of my official identity documents.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 332
February 22, 2020, 11:33:07 AM
I do not mind to KYC in regards to making my funds are legit. I DO mind the fact that a company stores my personal data and I have no way of telling how it is stored, if it has been leaked (during a hack) etc.

Most times KYC is not for disclosure purpose but to guarantee security of fund, so that third party won't run away with investors money. So it is a bar on the owner of fund only when KYC corresponds to provided information already and a total bar and exclusion of a third party.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
February 17, 2020, 05:12:21 AM
I do afraid don't wanna pay huge amount of taxes in the future
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
February 03, 2020, 04:01:39 PM
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour: USBitcoinServices.com
January 28, 2020, 01:09:09 PM
I think it is getting normal when countries/law asking KYC for cryto. It is inevitable.

When legal or government representatives ask for documents, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that the verification of KYC is asked by companies that operate in an unregulated market and we are simply not able to check whether they do it with good intentions or not. Unfortunately, but on the cryptocurrency market there were document leaks very often, which can lead to many problems for people whose data is in the hands of criminals.

Nothing wrong with providing personal info, the problem is who is asking for it and what use they will give. There should be a KYP (Know your provider) so far we don't have such a thing!!!! and nobody is thinking about it!!

That would be the first step, then after that KYC!! not just companies asking users personal data!!
Activity: 1680
Merit: 505
January 28, 2020, 09:27:53 AM
I think it is getting normal when countries/law asking KYC for cryto. It is inevitable.

When legal or government representatives ask for documents, there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that the verification of KYC is asked by companies that operate in an unregulated market and we are simply not able to check whether they do it with good intentions or not. Unfortunately, but on the cryptocurrency market there were document leaks very often, which can lead to many problems for people whose data is in the hands of criminals.
copper member
Activity: 82
Merit: 2
January 28, 2020, 07:17:19 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
January 16, 2020, 11:27:14 AM
Honestly i never liked the KYC implementation idea and i guess it's same thing with many on here but since KYC is what every popular exchange are turning to nowadays i have no choice since i have to sell coins and tokens i earned or owned, if not for selling off identity on dark web and other dangerous things involving stolen identity i have no problem with KYC
Activity: 657
Merit: 100
January 16, 2020, 10:51:00 AM
Actually I'm enjoying about kyc passing because i have still all documents which need pass kyc. I think if a project going to huge successful then we can do kyc fell free. So no need to worry it's simply and easy just you need take a good movement.
Really,i heard first time who guy enjoying KYC.You think a big successful project can not abusing your personal documents? How you will get ensure that project team will be never sell your identity.You adopt wrong concept about KYC.

KYC is always worried things no matter what type of projects you will pass.There are no guarantee from project core team to keep safe documents.
Just assume that he is an airdroper who can easy to give his personal identity to anyone else. As you may know, the airdroper will be willing to give their identity with $5.

They will always give their identity as long as there is no case about the misuse of identity, but if there is come I'll bet they will keep their identitu but it was too late.

not all airdropers are like that  . i have read  a thread before that tackles about kyc  and many airdrops replied and said they arent willing to risk thier identity for a small penny or even if its 30 dollars or more because they knew that thier identity are cost more than those payments made by airdrops but there are still desperate hunters that does not a job or other source of income and badly needs cash so thier last resort are only airdrops and willing to do anything  ,
Right most of them airdrop hunter don't care to provide kyc documents, on the other hand 80% of newcomer participate an airdrop campaign to some money, old member didn't work for such amount reward . they knew a lot of risk in kyc for threaten in future their identity

Bounty & Airdrop hunters can't earn enough money doing this job, now more difficult to search which projects will pay and i think hunters should be select these projects those are must be pay.

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
January 16, 2020, 05:29:01 AM
Actually I'm enjoying about kyc passing because i have still all documents which need pass kyc. I think if a project going to huge successful then we can do kyc fell free. So no need to worry it's simply and easy just you need take a good movement.
Really,i heard first time who guy enjoying KYC.You think a big successful project can not abusing your personal documents? How you will get ensure that project team will be never sell your identity.You adopt wrong concept about KYC.

KYC is always worried things no matter what type of projects you will pass.There are no guarantee from project core team to keep safe documents.
Just assume that he is an airdroper who can easy to give his personal identity to anyone else. As you may know, the airdroper will be willing to give their identity with $5.

They will always give their identity as long as there is no case about the misuse of identity, but if there is come I'll bet they will keep their identitu but it was too late.

not all airdropers are like that  . i have read  a thread before that tackles about kyc  and many airdrops replied and said they arent willing to risk thier identity for a small penny or even if its 30 dollars or more because they knew that thier identity are cost more than those payments made by airdrops but there are still desperate hunters that does not a job or other source of income and badly needs cash so thier last resort are only airdrops and willing to do anything  ,
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
January 16, 2020, 03:43:36 AM

Activity: 657
Merit: 100
January 15, 2020, 08:21:27 AM

Activity: 994
Merit: 138
January 11, 2020, 11:44:43 AM

I can see that soon almost exchanges and even ICO programs will be requiring us to do the KYC procedures where we are required to pass copies of our legal documents before we are granted entrance or the use of the services or programs we are interested with. This can be as common as having a password or 2FA.

Now, personally I have no big problem with it though just like anybody else am also concerned that my personal information can be divulged to anybody or a group that might use it for any illegal purpose. This is one risk we are facing once we are actively living in the online world. Evil people who can be thousands of miles away can now be just one click away.

What are your apprehensions about the KYC procedures that will soon be as popular as noodles?
I have no problem with KYC in an exchange that I trust. giving personal data to large exchanges such as Binance and Kucoin, in my opinion, is not at risk. But I would never do KYC on an ICO project. Because we know that a project in ICO is very insecure even though I have never heard of a case of misuse in the ownership of other people's data in ICO, I still doubt it.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
December 19, 2019, 02:29:31 PM
well I am not afraid of KYC but I am afraid of misuses of my documents cuz I have no idea what they will do with my documents after getting them on the name of KYC,Infect its only the reason for not going for KYC and avoid the projects where KYC is must.
Everyone is afraid of KYC only because there is a big chance that our privet information will be misused. There are lot of situation where in name of KYC in airdrop some people collects the privet informations.
And afterall KYC simply destroys the decentralized nature of the cryptocurrencies. And now almost every trading exchanges want KYC. So it's impossible trade ignoring the KYC.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
December 14, 2019, 07:35:27 AM
I don't afraid of KYC beside i want it to become more strict and difficult because i could see that the current existing KYC is useless as the thieves are still able to stole from the people. I have nothing to be afraid of KYC as long as the project is legit and we have nothing to hide too.
You will be safe if you have an analyst to differentiate legit and scam project. Thus far, as far as I know to differentiate them is really difficult, moreover with the project that open an airdrop and offer a lot of money. Such as an exchange, have you know there are a lot of new an exchange popping up and they give several dollar for new user and through refferal? That hard thing to guessed IMO and when you give your KYC for airdrop event you will get used to give it.

you mean to hire an analyst ? but that would cost us  while we only want to apply for a job to earn  . we can always be analyst our self if we educate our self  well  . good for you that you are already a good analyst   .

airdrops that i join have a kyc but i choose to not give my kyc for thier pennys  . kyc is a sacred thing and we must be kyc fearing at all times  . that is the only way to lessen the scams that currently happening  . the longer we do it , scammers will get tired and  move  on  .
Pages:
Jump to: